What's new

China's 'Come to Jesus' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they try and Convert you ? :D ''looked Chinese, but not Chinese American" Whites in the USA are becoming more Liberal and leaving Christians they need replace so why not target helpless Chinese or people who look Chinese LMAFO.

they are not leaving Christianity, they are becoming more hardline.

it is mostly Taiwanese that try to convert other Chinese that speak Mandarin. The most vulnerable are the people who are similar to Taiwanese: Shanghai and Fujian. The least vulnerable are those very different from Taiwanese: Southwesterners, Cantonese.

Hui people are not necessarily equal to Muslim.

There was just a very long historic/religious linkage between Hui people and their Muslim ancestry maybe 1000 years ago. I'm not denying that a large amount of Hui are Muslim or following Muslim regulations in daily life, in one way or another though.

No they are not synonymous, that I realize. I recall reading a thread a while back where a "passionate" Hui netizen "proved" that the Hui lineage stretched all the way back to pre-Islamic Zoroastrian times ...

Then I got lost.

Some aren't we also have Buddhist and Atheists.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

So this was at your school or something ?

yes. i am at a large research university in the US.

they are not leaving Christianity, they are becoming more hardline.

it is mostly Taiwanese that try to convert other Chinese that speak Mandarin. The most vulnerable are the people who are similar to Taiwanese: Shanghai and Fujian. The least vulnerable are those very different from Taiwanese: Southwesterners, Cantonese.

So did you fall for it.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

yes. i am at a large research university in the US.

I see on campus ?

it is a conversion machine. i don't know who is sponsoring this. it is some sort of scheme.

Vietnamese never get tricked by this. I'm impressed.

Here's what I noticed: The vast majority of Christians here seem to be Taiwanese and they're focusing their conversion efforts on Mandarin speakers. Cantonese are far less vulnerable to brainwashing. The most easily brainwashed are people from Shanghai and Fujian. The most resistant to brainwashing other than Muslims and Tibetans are Southwesterners, South Central, and Cantonese.

I have actually witnessed something like this myself when travelling to the West (Chinese Churches). I've also read a lot about it.

It really is a machine, and apparently a very successful one too.

It seems strange that while the Western world is becoming less religious, and the USA is becoming more religious.

So did you fall for it.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I see on campus ?

I didn't fall for it of course. Yes it was on campus.

I have actually witnessed something like this myself when travelling to the West (Chinese Churches). I've also read a lot about it.

It really is a machine, and apparently a very successful one too.

I don't know why the rest of the Western world is becoming less religious, and the USA is becoming more religious.

There's a connection here. I cannot say. I cannot even PM you. The electronic walls have ears.

There's a connection here. I cannot say. I cannot even PM you. The electronic walls have ears.

Probably would have ended up like Gordan Chang. Jews have alot of Influence in the Media.

No they are not synonymous, that I realize. I recall reading a thread a while back where a "passionate" Hui netizen "proved" that the Hui lineage stretched all the way back to pre-Islamic Zoroastrian times ...

Then I got lost.

Islam only has a history of 1500 years. Before that Zoroastrians are very common in the mid-east/ Persia Empire. After persia was taken by the Muslim Arabs, a lot of noble class of Persia run to China (Tang) for life and an Army that they can borrow to fight back which they never get. Chinese can't really distinguish or care the Arab Muslims and Non-Muslims and see them as the same.

Don't worry, I know what the connection is, and how it relates to global politics. :azn: I was just sort of thinking out loud just now.

Don't worry, I know what the connection is, and how it relates to global politics. :azn: I was just sort of thinking out loud just now.

Viets tend to also be Christians hardliners in the USA the anti communist ones, ran out of South Vietnam.

Most Religious Chinese tend to be in the USA, been to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, By far most religious in the USA.

I worked with the Chinese communities in New York, which is the largest in US, for some time now, and my job takes me to many of their homes. So let me point out what I observed.

1) Old timers from China being the largest-non religious.

2) The children of 1) 2nd largest-majority atheistic.

3) From other parts of the world Traditional Chinese believes

4) Legal and illegal immigrants from China you might say non believers

5) Taiwan half and half

By looking at the number of churches in the Chinese communities, which is comparative few in numbers, and my experience it is safe to say there are not many Chinese Christians in New York.

it is a conversion machine. i don't know who is sponsoring this. it is some sort of scheme.

Vietnamese never get tricked by this. I'm impressed.

Here's what I noticed: The vast majority of Christians here seem to be Taiwanese and they're focusing their conversion efforts on Mandarin speakers. Cantonese are far less vulnerable to brainwashing. The most easily brainwashed are people from Shanghai and Fujian. The most resistant to brainwashing other than Muslims and Tibetans are Southwesterners, South Central, and Cantonese.

Your experience reminds me of how drug dealers pedal their products. In the end, the user pays the ultimate price.

Your experience reminds me of how drug dealers pedal their products. In the end, the user pays the ultimate price.

You don't need to take my word for it. Just recall your strolls around the university campus. This is real and is a deliberate targetting of Chinese students, right after FLG failed.

You don't need to take my word for it. Just recall your strolls around the university campus. This is real and is a deliberate targetting of Chinese students, right after FLG failed.

Can I ask you, these recent Chinese converts in the West... do they ever turn around one day and say "I've been tricked"? By that I mean, do they sometimes give up their new faith and revert to atheism, and how likely do you consider that to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom