What's new

China's Ambitions Reshaping South Asia as it Surges into India's Backyard

Forget Chinindia, G7, or even G20. There is consensus that it's G2, the governments of China and the United States, that are leading the world out of the global economic crisis.

The combined behemoth of China and America has been labeled by Harvard business school professor Niall Ferguson as "Chimerica". Ferguson believes "we are living through a challenge to a phenomenon Moritz Schularick and I christened “Chimerica.” In this view, the most important thing to understand about the world economy over the past decade has been the relationship between China and America. If you think of it as one economy called Chimerica, that relationship accounts for around 13 percent of the world’s land surface, a quarter of its population, about a third of its gross domestic product, and somewhere over half of the global economic growth of the past six years."

Haq's Musings: Forget Chinindia! It's Chimerica to the Rescue!

Off topic

Why r u spamming with off topic post?

What economy figures and USA etc. have to do with Defense section.

Whenever an article calls India a 'superpower' or equates it with China, you know the rest of the article will be a lot of horse manure.

To claim that India will become a global successor to America -- you've got to be kidding me! Will China, Russia, and Europe be sleeping meanwhile?

The author sounds like some out-of-work loser who put up a website and wants to promote it to gullible, desperate Indian fanbois.

PhD, Chief Political Economist... :rofl:

Sure thing. And I am the Grand Poobah of GiveMeMoney.com

Last edited:
Whenever an article calls India a 'superpower' or equates it with China, you know the rest of the article will be a lot of horse manure.

To claim that India will become a global successor to America -- you've got to be kidding me! Will China, Russia, and Europe be sleeping meanwhile?

The author sounds like some out-of-work loser who put up a website and wants to promote it to gullible, desperate Indian fanbois.

PhD, Chief Political Economist... :rofl:

Sure thing. And I am the Grand Poobah of GiveMeMoney.com

when ever an article comes in favour of india,the author becomes loser,i know the article states the series of victory india achived over pakistan had pissed u off,no problem

u people have even any idea how india was growing at the time of global reccesion,i think that was way above u.s that was experiencing its negative growth though lagging behind china but how that make as a losser,and abt ur qs of russia and europe sleeping,man just look at the imf's prediction and i said imf (not indian media)which clearly statesindian ecnomy overtaking them in the near future

and to me ur haq(many pakistanis show his article)seems to b a loser

when ever an article comes in favour of india,the author becomes loser,i know the article states the series of victory india achived over pakistan had pissed u off,no problem

:rofl:
off-topic cheap shot!
We all know how India achieved those "victories" (Israel, USSR) and how substantial those "victories" really were.

imf's prediction

and I predict Mr "Chief Political Economist" will have a lot of desperate Indian fanbois visiting his website. :rofl:

:rofl:
off-topic cheap shot!
We all know how India achieved those "victories" (Israel, USSR) and how substantial those "victories" really were.

and I predict Mr "Chief Political Economist" will have a lot of desperate Indian fanbois visiting his website. :rofl:

so u now agree that we achieved victory:rofl:
were was ur friend china then when u lost 4 times

In 1990, Vietnam GDP per capita was roughly a third or a quarter of India (90US$ vs. 350 US$ if i am correct). Since then, we growed at similar rate. Now in 2009, our GDP per capita surpassed India, just by a little though. In addition, if you look at HDI, including health, literacy rate and every other measurable indices, like Internet penetration, telephone penetration rate, India is far behind Vietnam. But every indicators show that the gap between Vietnam and China is widening every year.
Just take some facts and think.

In 1990, Vietnam GDP per capita was roughly a third or a quarter of India (90US$ vs. 350 US$ if i am correct). Since then, we growed at similar rate. Now in 2009, our GDP per capita surpassed India, just by a little though. In addition, if you look at HDI, including health, literacy rate and every other measurable indices, like Internet penetration, telephone penetration rate, India is far behind Vietnam. But every indicators show that the gap between Vietnam and China is widening every year.

hmmm good facts,it made me think but shed some light on some other points also

were does vietnams gdp($88 billion) stands infront of india($1.25 trillion)as far as i think the gap has widened very much in this 20 yrs in india's favour

and abt per capita the cia factbook show some thing other than what u said
india-$3100(2009)
vietnam-$2900(2009)

what abt the growth rate of india,considered as the second fastest growing ecnomy in world,we managed to put a rate of more than 6 % even in times of global depression,what was ur growth at the same time

what was ur fdi in the last two yr when india was pulling fdi worth around $ 24 billion in just the months between jan and oct in 2009 itself and $2.5 billion in november alone.i am not getting in what we attracted in the previous years which is even higher then this

abt different indices u put

in internet we have the 4th highest internet using population around 80 million with annual growth rate of 1520% and population penetration of 7%(its low but just look at the growth rate).i was unable to find data of ur nation as i dont find it in the top 20 nations

in terms of mobile users india is in 2nd place with 545 million users with a penetration of 46.5 %,only china is above india with 747 million users and 56 % penetration.

according to cia world fact book report
literacy rate
india-61 %
vietnam-90 %:tup:

if u really think that u have raced ahead of india,think again

or if ur intention was to say that we cant aspire for big things based on ur penetration reports,the china itself is lagging by far not only to u.s.a but also to a number of nations(in terms of ur so called % penetration),so i think they had also stopped aspiring

Last edited:
There must not be any co-operation between China and india. Any kind of co-operation is harmful to China, because China is a world different from india and god (nature) created China to stay different from india.

I agree with you completely. It's stupid to help India with infrastructure development or to boost India's foreign trade since India economy is already taking advantages of increasing trade with Chinese. China should try to leave India alone, and instead, focus on development in other South Asian countries.

I think the economic development of Vietnam will accelerate in the next few years. Look at the ***, it's a lot more than what India received in the last year. Given the present trend I won't be surprised that the Vietnamese GDP per capita would soon overtake China because we have a huge population.

I think the economic development of Vietnam will accelerate in the next few years. Look at the ***, it's a lot more than what India received in the last year. Given the present trend I won't be surprised that the Vietnamese GDP per capita would soon overtake China because we have a huge population.

can u enlight me on the fact that how much fdi vietnam attracted last yr and how much more from india with sources from some respectable reference

as far as i know i am sure india raked second highest amt in fdi for some of the last yrs only behind china

I agree with you completely. It's stupid to help India with infrastructure development or to boost India's foreign trade since India economy is already taking advantages of increasing trade with Chinese. China should try to leave India alone, and instead, focus on development in other South Asian countries.

why u think that both nations should not trade with each other,come on man except some border disputes we dont share any other problem

why u think that both nations should not trade with each other,come on man except some border disputes we dont share any other problem

Trade helps more for India.

India is the problem of security in South Asia for the following reasons:

1) India interferes internal affairs of its neighbours. Most border problems are not yet solved. it's not going to be solved by peaceful means.

2) India is using China as en excuse to increase its arms. India does everything to prove she is the enemy of China to gain Western support.

It's better for China to have India as a competitor for energy and natural resources later.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom