What's new

"China was a part of India" - Indian education textbook

@A1Kaid, in the same vein the Hindus claim all religions are sub-branches of Hinduism, including Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Talk about Narcicistic people.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, i do not like china much either guys, but i don't think it was EVER part of india......

Now I see why my Indian friends are so dumb on PDF..

Now I see why my Indian friends are so dumb on PDF..

What does this tell you about the caliber of Pakistanis on this forum ?

G-B, K-P, Azad Kashmir not on Pakistan map in Punjab school book – The Express Tribune

GUJRANWALA: Gilgit-Baltistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Azad Kashmir are not a part of Pakistan according to maps printed in a course book for government schools in Gujranwala, Express News reported on Monday.

The maps in the book show Gilgit and Kashmir as Indian territories.

The book, named Atlas, is published by the School Education Department of Punjab and is assigned to students of middle and high schools.

The DCO Gujranwala was approached for comment with regards to the error, but to no avail.

Students and teachers have expressed concern over the misrepresentation of Pakistan’s map in the book.

I guess Indians live in a denial of reality, which is taught to them from an early age.

thats why i think state boards should be discontinued at least make them use NCERT books same as CBSE n they can print books for only one subject i.e. their local language books.

I remember we never had any history beyond 1947 independence. No war nothing in CBSE....:)

Why CBSE? cos rural students are at a disadvantage cos of CBSE.
And remember CBSE books dont even contain the histories of southern and eastern kingdoms.
Some of them are even biased. Hell there is just one word on Chola empire.

This book is just a private textbook, used in some schools i guess. Not a prescribed book by state of GoI.

@A1Kaid, in the same vein the Hindus claim all religions are sub-branches of Hinduism, including Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Talk about Narcicistic people.

And where have anybody claimed it? Pls just don spew BS, just cos the threads demands it. Hinduism is the ancient religion, yes.
But we never claim like some other religion, that there is only one way to God and brainwash people.

Last edited by a moderator:
CBSE is better than many state syllabuses. Its more scientific.

What will a student from Himachal Pradesh or Mizoram do knowing some tamil mythology? If anyone is interested in tamildom, he is free to use internet sources.

And remember CBSE books dont even contain the histories of southern and eastern kingdoms.

CBSE books teach about Cholas in detail. History of South India was covered a lot portion in CBSE history book like the port city of Arikkamedu, Literature, Temple Architecture.

Absolutely no!

We have nothing to do with this thing...

I agree..
Islam totally despises statue gods.
Hinduism worships them...

We are complete oppisites

What does this tell you about the caliber of Pakistanis on this forum ?

G-B, K-P, Azad Kashmir not on Pakistan map in Punjab school book – The Express Tribune

GUJRANWALA: Gilgit-Baltistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Azad Kashmir are not a part of Pakistan according to maps printed in a course book for government schools in Gujranwala, Express News reported on Monday.

The maps in the book show Gilgit and Kashmir as Indian territories.

The book, named Atlas, is published by the School Education Department of Punjab and is assigned to students of middle and high schools.

The DCO Gujranwala was approached for comment with regards to the error, but to no avail.

Students and teachers have expressed concern over the misrepresentation of Pakistan’s map in the book.

What about this gem?

A controversial Indian school textbook which made derogatory remarks about meat-eaters has been withdrawn.

New Healthway, a book on hygiene and health aimed at 11 and 12 year-olds, said meat-eaters "easily cheat, lie, forget promises and commit sex crimes".

Its publisher, S Chand Group, said they were "shocked and saddened" by the incident and "it is highly regretted and we are emphatically apologetic".

The book would be referred to the author, it added.

"The strongest argument that meat is not essential food is the fact that the Creator of this Universe did not include meat in the original diet for Adam and Eve. He gave them fruits, nuts and vegetables," read a chapter in the book entitled Do We Need Flesh Food?

The chapter detailed the "benefits" of a vegetarian diet and went on to list "some of the characteristics" found among non-vegetarians.

"They easily cheat, tell lies, forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes," it said.

The chapter, full of factual inaccuracies, referred to Eskimos (Inuit) as "lazy, sluggish and short-lived", because they lived on "a diet largely of meat".

It added: "The Arabs who helped in constructing the Suez Canal lived on wheat and dates and were superior to the beef-fed Englishmen engaged in the same work."

In a press release, the S Chand Group said the book was not a part of any curriculum or syllabus, but it was a part of "an extended learning series, which may be used by a school or students at their discretion".

It said a total of only 1,384 copies of the title were sold last year and only 70 copies were sold this year.

The publisher said it had "no intention whatsoever to hurt the sentiments of any individual or group" and that the title was being discontinued "with immediate effect".

This book is just a private textbook, used in some schools i guess. Not a prescribed book by state of GoI.

Mate don't take it personally what i meant was a uniform education structure ofcourse they should add more history titles to cover our past.

N there is much more than just a name about Cholas i rem there was a diagram of Chola empire n some some discription about the reign although it definite deserve more but that could be easily accommodated.

But having difference in education structure in different states do creates a lot of mess that should be taken care of...:)

Back
Top Bottom