What's new

China wants to export J-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
:smokin:
:cheers::cheers::cheers: i aksed and they said this!!!

Вы чертовски издеваешься надо мной?

watch your pottymouth

I higlhly doubt it coz apart from getting popular or money stuff, there is another thing very important and that is strategic planning in order to defend your country when its needed ,the last thing China will want is to export its 5th generation tech to other countries and increase the chance of them falling in wrong hands so the strategic enemies can have a deep look into it and create some countermeasures after studying the tech

We will get J-20 thats for sure...

But, only as counter to India .... that all we are to our ally China .... a COUNTERWEIGHT to check the rise of Indians ..... otherwise where else is the use of J-20... Afghanistan ???? ... anyone saying yes is surely kidding me.....

Its high time we understand our country's priorities (economic ones) first and not match India for everything they do.
:pakistan:

LOLL .... your comment finally inspired me to register.

Pakistan as a COUNTERWEIGHT to India !!!!!!

Unbelievable.

It is UNOFFICIAL!!!!!

J-20 such a beast in ANY standard how can we sell it away so easyliy?

OH, there are many reasons china would want to sell it. to gain reputation in the international arms market, to boost relations with other nations, to shape international relations, and of course for money and jobs.

I almost gurantee you that China is already in a process to make most effective plane which no nation carries. Wait 2 year the most and see the result. People will be amazed.

We must not export it to LatinAmerican countries; case point is that US bribe them & take the piece to study it in US

We must not export it to LatinAmerican countries; case point is that US bribe them & take the piece to study it in US

That can happen from Pakistan as well. Remember some part of your military is still quite close to US. And there are American bases in Pakistan. And I think thats the reason Chinese will not sell J20 at least in the foreseeable future or unless they have some thing better.

Good thing is that with J20 in the pipeline the Chinese will give you the J10B soon.

Who are "WE" here. Is J20 a joint venture between Pakistan and China? :undecided:

Pakistan punches above her height.

Clearly, I have got misunderstood.

There is no need to punch. Pakistan should not see itself as a "COUNTERWEIGHT" to India or whom-so-ever.

Similar to as China should not see itself as a COUNTERWEIGHT to USA, India as a COUNTERWEIGHT to China, or maybe Afghanistan as a COUNTERWEIGHT to Pakistan.

Anyway, the theory is amazing ...... and the extensions even more amazing.

Pakistan punches above her height.

Yep, especially the PAF.
The Pakistanis whipped their in the sky, but it was the other way around in the ground war. The air war lasted two weeks and the Pakistanis scored a three-to-one kill ratio, knocking out 102 Russian-made Indian jets and losing thirty-four airplanes of their own. I'm certain about the figures because I went out several times a day in a chopper and counted the wrecks below. I counted wrecks on Pakistani soil, documented them by serial number, identified the components such as engines, rocket pods, and new equipment on newer planes like the Soviet SU-7 fighter-bomber and the MiG-21 J, their latest supersonic fighter. The Pakistani army would cart off these items for me, and when the war ended, it took two big American Air Force cargo lifters to carry all those parts back to the States for analysis by our intelligence division.
(General (Retd.) Chuck Yeager (USAF) , Book: Yeager, the Autobiography).

Yep, especially the PAF.

(General (Retd.) Chuck Yeager (USAF) , Book: Yeager, the Autobiography).

Off-topic

But,some interesting data on Chuck Yeager regarding India.

It was the morning after the initial Pakistani strike that Yeager began to take the war with India personally. On the eve of their attack, the Pakistanis had been prudent enough to evacuate their planes from airfields close to the Indian border and move them back into the hinterlands. But no one thought to warn General Yeager. Thus, when an Indian fighter pilot swept low over Islamabad's airport in India's first retaliatory strike, he could see only two small planes on the ground. Dodging antiaircraft fire, he blasted both to smithereens with 20-millimeter cannon fire. One was Yeager's Beechcraft. The other was a plane used by United Nations forces to supply the patrols that monitored the ceasefire line in Kashmir.

I never found out how the United Nations reacted to the destruction of its plane, but Yeager's response was anything but dispassionate. He raged to his cowering colleagues at a staff meeting. His voice resounding through the embassy, he proclaimed that the Indian pilot not only knew exactly what he was doing but had been specifically instructed by Indira Gandhi to blast Yeager's plane. ("It was,' he relates in his book, "the Indian way of giving Uncle Sam the finger.') At this meeting, I ventured the timid suggestion that, to an Indian pilot skimming the ground at 500 miles per hour under antiaircraft fire, precise identification of targets on an enemy airfield might take lower priority than simply hitting whatever was there and then getting the hell out. Restraining himself with difficulty, Yeager informed me that anyone dumb enough not to know a deliberate attack on the American flag when he saw one had no business wearing his country's uniform. Since I was a civilian wearing a gray sweater at the time, I didn't fully grasp his nuances, but the essential meaning was clear.

The destruction of the Beechcraft was the last straw for Yeager. He vanished from his office, and, to the best of my knowledge, wasn't seen again in Islamabad until the war was over. It wasn't a long period; the Indians took only two weeks to trounce the Pakistanis. East Pakistan, known as Bangladesh, became an independent country, and Yahya resigned in disgrace. He was so drunk during his televised farewell speech that the camera focused not on him but on a small table radio across the room.

And where had Yeager been during these dramatic two weeks? The slim entries in his autobiography aren't much help. Yeager says that he "didn't get involved in the actual combat because that would have been too touchy.' He then goes on to explain casually that he did "fly around' on such chores as picking up Indian pilots who had been shot down, interrogating them, and hauling them off to prison camps. There are clues, however, that suggest a more active role. A Pakistani businessman, son of a senior general, told me excitedly that Yeager had moved into the big air force base at Peshawar and was personally directing the grateful Pakistanis in deploying their fighter squadrons against the Indians. Another swore that he had seen Yeager emerge from a just-landed jet fighter at the Peshawar base. Yeager was uncharacteristically close-mouthed in succeeding weeks, but a sly grin would appear on his leathery face when we rehashed the war in staff meetings. I once asked him point-blank what he had been up to during the war. "I went fishing,' he growled.

The right stuff in the wrong place - Chuck Yeager's crash landing in Pakistan

Last edited:
Off-topic

Could you give more info on that para,regarding the context?

Was 1971 or 1965?

This is brilliant !

First Yeager, the next quote will be from Dalrymple

You forgot the best part
Yeager was assigned to Pakistan to advise the Pakistan Air Force at the behest of then-Ambassador Joe Farland. Prior to the start of hostilities of the Bangladesh War he is reported to have said that the Pakistani army would be in New Delhi within a week.
:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom