2. Australia, 12.7 billion USD
3. Taiwan
4 South Korea 7.89 billion USD
5 Pakistan 6.9 Billion
6 Vietnam 4.47 Billion
7 Singapore 4.267 billion
8 China 2.72 Billion
9 Thailand 2.65 Billion

India not only import arms from russia, but also france, Israel, USA, a long list goes on. india is today's largest arms importer in the world and its national defense completely relies on import, without which it can not even make a Mig21.

China only import arms from Russia due to the military embargo, and 2.72 billion USD is a fraction of china's four years military budget. (around 1/100). it's even insignificant number compared with its army export.

Hopefully, slumdog trolls could stop ruining every threads into sino-india comparison. do research before spewing trash.

¶í³ÆÖйú3Äê½ø¿Ú27ÒÚÃÀÔªÎäÆ÷ÔÚÑÇÌ«ÅÅÃûµÚ8_ÍøÒ×ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ

Last year's arm deal was less than 100 million USD between China and Russia.

Glad we are winding down Russian imports.

Russian technology has been milked till dry, we have to start to be 100% independent if we want to reduce the gap with US.

Still, we have to thank them for providing us the useful technology in the 1990s. Even selling us the Su-27 flanker was extremely meaningful to our PLAAF.

Russian technology has been milked till dry, we have to start to be 100% independent if we want to reduce the gap with US.

Still, we have to thank them for providing us the useful technology in the 1990s. Even selling us the Su-27 flanker was extremely meaningful to our PLAAF.
Do not underestimate Russians so quickly. Just their submarine building capability is something that China will take a while to match. However, they will not be likely to share anything further.

Speaking of Su-27, I recently learned that the first batch of Su-27 that Russia sold China was transferred directly from their Air Defence Forces.

True.

China could also a few number of J-20 (say 5 to 10) on easy credit terms. By then, say 20 years, Pakistan economy would have completely transformed itself and return the loans.

Export 5 to 10 J20s to Pakistan is helpness to PAF,considering Pakistan"s size.And the biggest worry for exporting the J20 to Pakistan is the fininance problem.Its quite expensive to maintain a 5th generation fighter fleet.If I am not wrong,it will cost 200 thousand dollars per hour to fly a F22.If PAF operates a fleet of 50 J20s which is the minium size,it will cost 10 million dollars to fly a hour,if PAF flys each J20 to 150 hours per year,the annual bugget on it will be 1.5billion dollars just to maintain it.Defenatelly PAF has to reduce its other fleets if it happens which will eventually harm its strenth.

Currentlly there is rumor said that PLAAF has interest to purchase 100 silent Thunders.However,its just a rumor.There is no evedence to surport if there is acturally such a project.We should wait and see.

Do not underestimate Russians so quickly. Just their submarine building capability is something that China will take a while to match. However, they will not be likely to share anything further.

Speaking of Su-27, I recently learned that the first batch of Su-27 that Russia sold China was transferred directly from their Air Defence Forces.

SSBN is not PLA's weakest component, but strategic bomber is.

Type 095 and Type 096 will be a big surprise.

Currentlly there is rumor said that PLAAF has interest to purchase 100 silent Thunders.However,its just a rumor.There is no evedence to surport if there is acturally such a project.We should wait and see.

I'm not sure if this is the same as the "JF-17 Thunder Block 2" that people are speculating about

As I mentioned in my earlier post Pakistan is real close ally to US.

So J20 to Pakistan is a wet dream for sure

Russian technology has been milked till dry, we have to start to be 100% independent if we want to reduce the gap with US..
So true.. we don't need the Russian any more, their yestertech was a good stepping stone, but useless by today's super power standards....:china:

Export 5 to 10 J20s to Pakistan is helpness to PAF,considering Pakistan"s size.And the biggest worry for exporting the J20 to Pakistan is the fininance problem.Its quite expensive to maintain a 5th generation fighter fleet.If I am not wrong,it will cost 200 thousand dollars per hour to fly a F22.If PAF operates a fleet of 50 J20s which is the minium size,it will cost 10 million dollars to fly a hour,if PAF flys each J20 to 150 hours per year,the annual bugget on it will be 1.5billion dollars just to maintain it.Defenatelly PAF has to reduce its other fleets if it happens which will eventually harm its strenth.

Cost of F-22 will not be comparable to that of J-20.

Not only will J-20 be available at half of F-22 (which costs a whopping USD 150 million), but it's maintenance costs could also be less than half of F-22.

So, a fleet of 50 J-20 will be much much less costly.

And anyways the costs can be amortized over 20 years (since china can easily provide a credit facility).

In 20 years, Pakistani economy would also be in a much better position, having forgotten floods and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom