What's new

China-UK (Britain) Geopolitics and Economics: News & Discussions

I'm saying there's a difference between an economic relationship and a strategic relationship. We have the former with China but with the latter the US is still the partner of choice every time.
i said same thing but you did not get my point. China's aim is to be unstoppable economic power house, untouchable with economic sanctions or by any means

Money is important but it's not the sole factor in determining relations. I'm pretty sure we won't be sharing intelligence with them any time soon for example.
Money unequal to everything, without money do nothing ... Chinese money to buy Rolls-Royce's engine tech, when no choice u will sell !

NASA fund is cutting every year. And US military for the first time, talk about control spending.. The obama government neverly default in world history. lol
China ever increasing space fund. Ever double digit military growth.
You can continue the denial if you think US is not declining.

No sir, US military spending has been debated many many times since the cold war ended AND even through the cold war as well.

YET spending has only GONE UP ! And is still going up...

Money is not everything, but without money, you are Nothing. Brits are doing this for their best interest. Smart move, I would say. Now people in China are going to buy lots of Burberrys.
Nah, Burberry's too expensive and the pattern look funny. Only rich overly materialistic Chinese would buy burberry

Nah, Burberry's too expensive and the pattern look funny. Only rich overly materialistic Chinese would buy burberry

Yah, but nowadays, the "rich overly materialistic" Chinese are not in small numbers. 117 millions Chinese traveled overseas last year, how many Burberrys they would buy?

Call it visionary or opportunist, Brits are just being smart. If you can't beat them, just joint them.

Well said, completely agree with you.

Despite ever-deepening business tie with China, UK will continue to pledge full loyalty towards Washington as long as the special Anglo-Saxon (which will still be the majority of US in the coming decades) tie exists. Germany is a whole different story, being thwer.e truly dominant power on the continent, the country itself is a potential challenger to Pax Americanna in Europe, let alone your "inside man". You know it very well, so does China.

I wouldn't say Germany is a challenger to Pax Americana today.

The EU as a whole so far is in sync with American interests, as long as it stays an economic union and doesn't transform into a political one.

Fat chance of that happening anytime soon.

If the Chinese would know …

some typical chavs and chavettes:
c7ad3c57_burbery-chav.jpg
chav-30187.jpg
Burberry_Chav_Car.jpg
p4pb8530579.jpg

:lol::enjoy:

Imho all this pomp is a negotiating tactic for Cameron in the upcoming "renegotiations on UK's role in the EU"....ie, trying to show to the counterparty negotiators he has options.

Imho all this pomp is a negotiating tactic for Cameron in the upcoming "renegotiations on UK's role in the EU"....ie, trying to show to the counterparty negotiators he has options.

Nope - UK needs China for it's future prosperity.

Without a good relationship with China, the UK could well end up as a middle-income economy in a few decades time.

Last edited:

If the Chinese would know …

some typical chavs and chavettes:
c7ad3c57_burbery-chav.jpg
chav-30187.jpg
Burberry_Chav_Car.jpg
p4pb8530579.jpg

:lol::enjoy:

I've got to send these pics to my cousin, so she won't buy any more Burbarrys as gifts to me on her next US trip. :cheesy:

Nope - UK needs China for it's future prosperity.

Without a good relationship with China, the UK could well end up as a middle-income economy in a few decade's time.

That is all true, however what is it you want to trade anyway? The biggest beneficiary of any agreement this visit brings will be the financial industry. You don't have much else (physical) to sell, except the stuff you don't want to sell (jet engine technology).

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom