What's new

China-UK (Britain) Geopolitics and Economics: News & Discussions

Well said, completely agree with you.

Despite ever-deepening business tie with China, UK will continue to pledge full loyalty towards Washington as long as the special Anglo-Saxon (which will still be the majority of US in the coming decades) tie exists. Germany is a whole different story, being the truly dominant power on the continent, the country itself is a potential challenger to Pax Americanna in Europe, let alone your "inside man". You know it very well, so does China.
Considering the fact that the US did save the UK from the Nazi invasion.

Last edited:
Imho all this pomp is a negotiating tactic for Cameron in the upcoming "renegotiations on UK's role in the EU"....ie, trying to show to the counterparty negotiators he has options.

Well, all this pomp works in China's way too. The big brother is firing some cheap c
You didn't even understand what I wrote. I didn't comment upon whether US is declining or China is rising at all. But of course that doesn't matter....every extra post gets you 50 cents whether it makes sense ot not....

Just wondering where you guys get this 50 cents idea from? It seems every other Indian members are fond of using it as a weapon when lost argument or out of frustration. Do you guys actually believe it?

You didn't even understand what I wrote. I didn't comment upon whether US is declining or China is rising at all. But of course that doesn't matter....
Never mind, you were not my target reader/respondent anyway. I just find those catch phrases (article, US, declines, UK, friendship) in your post back there useful for me and hence quote that as a ride to drop my post. What you wrote or meant doesn't matter.

Last edited:
You didn't even understand what I wrote. I didn't comment upon whether US is declining or China is rising at all. But of course that doesn't matter....every extra post gets you 50 cents whether it makes sense ot not....

Nobody has shown just how China can add 22 trillion dollars in 15 years to be twice as big as USA is now, even if USA achieves zero growth. All these claims are nothing more than hot air (and some wonderful Chinese fireworks). :D

Nobody has shown just how China can add 22 trillion dollars in 15 years to be twice as big as USA is now, even if USA achieves zero growth. All these claims are nothing more than hot air (and some wonderful Chinese fireworks). :D

I don't know about the claim. Do you know what inflation/appreciation are?

isn't it time for England to take over murica's role in Asia? everybody seems to distrust murica nowadays in Asia, save for some delusional asian PDFers. why London didn't take the move? isn't it time to raise the St. George's Cross across Asia? @mike2000 is back

True that, we are a very pragmagtic country, and we always look after our interests first and foremosts, every other thing else comes secondary. We are the most open/welcoming country in not only Europe but the West as a whole, sowe will cooperate with anyone regardless of the country as long as it serves our interests. Remeber that after being a super power who ruled the four corners/seas of the globe, and still having quite a large global footprint/influence even today we have alot of experience navigating world global issues and forging cooperation with other rising powers. So we welcome the Chinese, Indians, Brazilians and anybody else who wants to cooperate/invests and partner with us in forging closer relations and solving issues which matches bothour interests.

However having said this, this doesn't means there will be a shift of alliance between the U.K and the U.S, since we have far more deeper relationship with the U.S both militarily, financially and economically. Our interests with the U.S are interlink/aligned, for example we are both wary of Russia and are dtermine to stop Russian aggression/bullying against small defenceless Baltic and Scandinavian countries, while China is not. Moreover even if we had issues to sort out in say like in East Ukraine China won't be willing/cant provide any military help or intervention, since you still have a policy of non intervention, plus China has alot of issues to solve in its own neighbourhood first before thinking about foreign military internventions/deployments. So i dont see things changing anytime soon.

We will keep strethening our relations with China, since China isn't and has NEVER been a threat to us, so we dont have any reason not to cooperate with China. So i welcome Chinese president visits to Great Britain.:cheers:
Im sure the Russians/putin will be pissed.:lol:

As for your last point about the U.K taking over U.S role in Asia, i agree, we will be a better partner in stabilizing the region, since we are more pragmagtic andwe know asia quite well as well, having had a presence there for quite a long time. Though the only military presence we have there today is in Brunei and Indian Ocean/Diego Garcia. But then again, the U.S wouldn't like seeing us take over their role in the region.:D:P

They certainly provided money. Most of the blood was spilled by us and the Russians.
Dont mind such trolls.

Xi Urges UK To 'Grab' Chinese Opportunities
President Xi Jinping tells a palace banquet that China and Britain should "work together to usher in an even brighter future".
22:31, UK,Tuesday 20October 2015
10747090-1-2-736x414.jpg

Play video "State Banquet For Chinese President"

China's President has delivered a message to Britain at a state banquet held in his honour: "Opportunity may knock just once - grab it before it slips away."
The Queen hosted the event for Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan at Buckingham Palace on the first full day of his state visit to Britain.
Prime Minister David Cameron, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were among 170 guests dining on fillets of West Coast turbot and Balmoral venison at the white-tie dinner.
As the Queen introduced the Chinese President, she hailed the "milestone" of his four-day visit to Britain and declared Anglo-Chinese ties are being taken to "ambitious new heights".
Speaking in Mandarin, Mr Xi told attendees: "With growing interdependence and interwoven interests, countries in the world are increasingly becoming a community of shared future.
  1. 10747099-1-1-589x442.jpg

Stae Banquet

2. Gallery:White-Tie Dinner Held In Honour Of Xi Jinping
  3. cegrab-20151020-215940-164-1-589x442.jpg
  4. 10747090-1-1-589x442.jpg
  5. 10747100-1-1-589x442.jpg
  6. 10747099-1-1-589x442.jpg
  7. cegrab-20151020-220000-164-1-589x442.jpg

Gallery:White-Tie Dinner Held In Honour Of Xi Jinping
"As an old Chinese adage goes, 'Opportunity may knock just once - grab it before it slips away'.
"In Britain, you also have a famous saying, 'A wise man turns chance into good fortune'.
"As China-UK comprehensive strategic partnership enters the second decade this year, let us seize the opportunity and work together to usher in an even brighter future for China-UK relationship."

have been urging the Governmentto challenge Mr Xi over Chinese steel firms flooding European markets with cheap steel.
cegrab-20151020-160121-164-1-736x414.jpg

Play video "Awkward Much? Cameron And Corbyn"
Xi Urges UK To 'Grab' Chinese Opportunities

Win -Win relations.:cheers:

Corbyn makes me laugh. I dont know whyLabour elected such a joker as their leader. Seriously.......Jeez......and i have been a Labour supporter all my life. Don't know what to do since Labour choosed Corbyn, to me Miliband was a better leader than this joker.:(

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-21_0-43-48.gif
    upload_2015-10-21_0-43-48.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 10
    42 bytes · Views: 6
    42 bytes · Views: 9
Why would Putin be pissed just because the British wants to lift Sino-UK ties to a higher level? :crazy:

Anyway the British Royal family sure pulled out everything they have hosting this ceremony welcoming our supreme leader with an exquisite state banquet. The Queen has made several remarks during her speech tonight pointing out the ties both countries have shared for the past decades but for the first time has emphasized the importance of such relationship such as her grandson William visit to Beijing signaling that the future King of England will continue to work with China closely for the prosperity between both countries. How times have changed :agree:

Why would Putin be pissed just because the British wants to lift Sino-UK ties to a higher level?
Obviously since he will never geT such a reception in any western country anymore, since his country is under our sanctions and its economy is suffering as a result. So he kind of feels isolated when he sees everybody else going on about their business actvities like nothing ever happened. I Think he will start coming to terms with the fact that the world will keep moving on with or without Russia.:D
Though i must confess Russia is still the most dangerous/capable military power/threat to the West/U.S. But we can still use other means to deal with them.:P

_pnn56_53428257.jpg

Chinese president and Philip Hammond Britains Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
Pohle-Chinese-2jpg-_996660c.jpg

2D79117A00000578-3275613-image-a-5_1445000731378.jpg

Chinese-President-Xi-Jinping.jpg

2D9A98E700000578-3280557-image-m-144_1445373308015.jpg

Chinee president and the Elegant Duchess of Cambridge having a toast.

horses-ride-down-mall.jpg

Royal Palace: Xi Jinping and Madame Peng visit Buckingham Palace on their state visit to Great Britain

There is only one thing i didnt like about this:
xidublin.jpg

Yes he is a manchester united fan, our arch rivals/enemy.:angry::hitwall:

Last edited:
Geopolitically, this does not change anything.

Anyone, to everyone have some sort of trading relationship with China, even the US.

The problem is that the basis of EU was built under the threat of Russia, not China, as long as Russia is there, and until China can replace the US as the guardian role to EU, there are nothing going to be change regarding the alliance and political preference.

What the UK did was smart, basically like what the Australian did to balance between US and China, everyone want to earn money from that pies. and with it, there WILL ALWAYS be political cooperation.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom