What's new

China-UK (Britain) Geopolitics and Economics: News & Discussions

I wouldn't say Germany is a challenger to Pax Americana today.

The EU as a whole so far is in sync with American interests, as long as it stays an economic union and doesn't transform into a political one.

Fat chance of that happening anytime soon.

I agree dude, remember I said potential? Neither do I foresee a political union anytime soon, the "Fourth Reich" so far is only as real as a novel title.

It's also true that EU interests are so far in sync with that of US, except maybe say trade (or the lack of it) with Russia/EE, Ukraine civil war, weakening of Euro, MENA refugee, credit ratings of PIGS, complication in ME-Turkey, these all have far more implications on EU.

Whenever Blair advocates for something, the populairty of that something immediately goes down.

I agree dude, remember I said potential? Neither do I foresee a political union anytime soon, the "Fourth Reich" so far is only as real as a novel title.

It's also true that EU interests are so far in sync with that of US, except maybe say trade (or the lack of it) with Russia/EE, Ukraine civil war, weakening of Euro, MENA refugee, credit ratings of PIGS, complication in ME-Turkey, these all have far more implications on EU.
woops my mistake!

That is all true, however what is it you want to trade anyway? The biggest beneficiary of any agreement this visit brings will be the financial industry. You don't have much else (physical) to sell, except the stuff you don't want to sell (jet engine technology).

And you don't put any value on "financial industry"? We have moved on from making these iron horse

508175_3b25ff8a.jpg

from mining

1098222.jpg

to something requiring more finesse ...

32537968-32537971-large.jpg

and Renminbi is heading to yes, London.

London Wants to Become the Center of Chinese Currency Trading - Bloomberg Business

I think many Chinese mistake style with fashion/ brand. I takes years to learn the difference.
As more Chinese go abroad and see the type of people wearing certain brand name, they will rethink. I remember it was all the hype back in the 90s to go to McDonald's in China but now McD's is just another fast food joint with high prices.

That is all true, however what is it you want to trade anyway? The biggest beneficiary of any agreement this visit brings will be the financial industry. You don't have much else (physical) to sell, except the stuff you don't want to sell (jet engine technology).

Financial industry is the most important.

The UK did China a MASSIVE favour by joining the AIIB and the Chinese will repay the favour back.

Financial industry employs very little people, but looks good on overall balance sheet. The above article, London will get that as a reward if UK will be the first foreign buyer of Chinese nuclear tech.

UK will deal with any country that can preserve it's prosperity.

Financial industry is the most important.

I disagree with the "most" part . I believe UK leadership realized that as well and are trying the apprenticeship programme to try and turn things around with industrial base that has all but diminished up to now.

In any case, financial industry isn't very well conducive to overall economic well being of the masses, as UK is hoping this push towards China might bring (i still think at least 50% of this is negotiating tactic and 50% in for some real tangible benefits). Supposedly due to immigrants should be the most populous EU country not so far from now.

UK will deal with any country that can preserve it's prosperity.

This is a very broad statement. I'm not sure it even qualifies as a reply to what i wrote as such.

Irrelevant article. Whether China is rising or US is declining or rising....one thing is for sure....no one is declining as fast as the UK and UK's friendship is of no use to anyone :D.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom