What's new

China trounces U.S. in AI research output and quality

The problem I see is that for now, Most field of research in China would require to re-invent the wheel, when the west stopped sharing their secret with the Chinese, they are going to need to devote some time to level the playing field first.

That's a side problem for China refusing to let foreigner work in sensitive technology. I mean you will see Russian-American or Chinese-American who works in sensitive field in the US, but you probably won't see American-Chinese or British-Chinese working on Chinese research in large quantity.
US doesn't have other choice. US education failed. It can not supply enough talents. China doesn't have that problem

And you have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile...

You don't just almost announce something without getting government approval first... Point is china is a shitshow for inventor and innovator. There's a reason why even Genshin Impact headquarter is in Singapore and not Beijing. Because even they don't even want to get caught by chinese "regulation"
ITIF Report: The U.S. Underestimates China as an ‘Imitator’ Rather Than an Innovator at Its Own Peril

US doesn't have other choice. US education failed. It can not supply enough talents. China doesn't have that problem
Sure, with 5 (or 6, I forgot) of the top 10 universities in the world, US education system is indeed a failure.

Is this why student come from all over the world, including China, to par take on a failed Education System??

Most AI related research are either Military usage or Dual use, you will need to have Security Clearence

Like this

https://www.artificialintelligencej...elligence-researcher-with-security-clearance/

You can't get them if you are Chinese Citizen with a H1B.

I have looked up 5 AI researcher job and all 5 needed government clearance.

The problem I see is that for now, Most field of research in China would require to re-invent the wheel, when the west stopped sharing their secret with the Chinese, they are going to need to devote some time to level the playing field first.

That's a side problem for China refusing to let foreigner work in sensitive technology. I mean you will see Russian-American or Chinese-American who works in sensitive field in the US, but you probably won't see American-Chinese or British-Chinese working on Chinese research in large quantity.
China seems to suffered from the "shooting yourself in the foot syndrome."

Even if they "reinvent the wheel" it's already too late for that. One other way they can compete is just plained old espionage (fancy word for stealing). Even Huawei original router were stolen from the canadian right down to even their defect.

And you have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile...

You don't just almost announce something without getting government approval first... Point is china is a shitshow for inventor and innovator. There's a reason why even Genshin Impact headquarter is in Singapore and not Beijing. Because even they don't even want to get caught by chinese "regulation"
I have shown you somethings already. Check my earlier replies.

Genshin Impact headquarter in Singapore proves nothing.

Sure, with 5 (or 6, I forgot) of the top 10 universities in the world, US education system is indeed a failure.

Is this why student come from all over the world, including China, to par take on a failed Education System??
Me being an UI alumni...

Those are western rankings, very biased, don't mean much, and even for those western rankings, China is still gaining ground on US year on year

Firstly. It is China that published more academic papers in Science and Nature. I don't know how US colleges dominate the ranking. By which standard? English teaching? Secondly, it can not change the fact US education system can not produce enough domestic researchers and engineers.

Those are western rankings, very biased, don't mean much, and even for those western rankings, China is still gaining ground on US year on year

Sure, I am pretty sure if you rank University in China, you would put 10 Chinese University in top 10.

And lol, gaining ground, that is still a LONGGGGGGGG road ahead. And you are talking about gaining ground on Top 2000 university ranking. I think there is a limit on how many "top" whatever you can have, by the time you reach Top 2000, then why bother doing a list of Top University Ranking at all??

That said ranking is pointless, and that come from a person who graduated from world number 37 university. Again, look at how many Chinese, or student of the world for that matter, study aboard in the US, and look at how many American study aboard in China

I have shown you somethings already. Check my earlier replies.

Genshin Impact headquarter in Singapore proves nothing.
That actually proves everything. It proves that china is a hostile place to park your business (this particular one), constricting regulation, unstable business environment & etc.

The only reason the west does this stuffs is for Tax Break.

Warthunder, Atomic Hearts, Even the new 40k by Owlcat are from Russia but they are based in Cyprus for more or less the same reasons.

China is not a friendly place for research & development and it shows,

Firstly. It is China that published more academic papers in Science and Nature. I don't know how US colleges dominate the ranking. By which standard? English teaching? Secondly, it can not change the fact US education system can not produce enough domestic researchers and engineers.
University is NOT just aboiut science and engineer. You are talking about technical college.

You have a lot of other discipline in any university, Arts, Law, Economics, Education, Performance Art and so on.

If you are just focusing on science and engineering and you wonder why there are not a single University in Top 10 world ranking?? That probably already answered your question.

And no, US universities have enough graduate in STEM to fill the STEM role in the US according to US Census,

Only 29% of STEM job were currently held by Foreign born, with roughly 48% of STEM graduate were unemployed or employed elsewhere.

Now there are a lot of black, middle eastern and south Asian students studying in China. Many of them receive full scholarships. Foreign citizenship is the fastest and most efficient way to get into top universities like Beijing or Tsinghua
Still, there are MANY MORE of those black and south Asian studying in the US or the West in general with full scholarship....

You really can't compare the Education system in the West than China.

That actually proves everything. It proves that china is a hostile place to park your business (this particular one), constricting regulation, unstable business environment & etc.

The only reason the west does this stuffs is for Tax Break.

Warthunder, Atomic Hearts, Even the new 40k by Owlcat are from Russia but they are based in Cyprus for more or less the same reasons.

China is not a friendly place for research & development and it shows,
Or you can see it this way. To avoid west countries' discrimination toward Chinese companies. Just like Tiktok suffered

Sure, I am pretty sure if you rank University in China, you would put 10 Chinese University in top 10.
I said even for wetern biased rankings, this ranking is not from China, we still see China is gaining ground on US year on year even by western rankings, this like is not a Chinese rankings

University is NOT just aboiut science and engineer. You are talking about technical college.

You have a lot of other discipline in any university, Arts, Law, Economics, Education, Performance Art and so on.

If you are just focusing on science and engineering and you wonder why there are not a single University in Top 10 world ranking?? That probably already answered your question.

And no, US universities have enough graduate in STEM to fill the STEM role in the US according to US Census,
US has enough STEM graduate? Really? Are international students counted?
1674839216654.png

Back
Top Bottom