What's new

China trounces U.S. in AI research output and quality

That is not about AI. And I don't think this robot is useful for war. Imagine if China offers drones to Russia
Even the US are better in AI especially after ChatGPT rolled out.

Also LOL Boston Dynamic robots are testbed for further research into the field of robotics and drone. That the Us have them is a testament to the US seriousness in the field.

And go ahead give russia drones. Kill what's left of China's tech company with further sanction after Xi Jinping gutted em.

Even the US are better in AI especially after ChatGPT rolled out.

Also LOL Boston Dynamic robots are testbed for further research into the field of robotics and drone. That the Us have them is a testament to the US seriousness in the field.

And go ahead give russia drones. Kill what's left of China's tech company with further sanction after Xi Jinping gutted em.
Still believe China's AI research outputs are all in paper? There are many Tiktok imitators in US. Facebook, Youtube etc. None of them can beat Tiktok because it has better technologies related with AI.

European countries dare not to sanction China. You should just accept that.

Still believe China's AI research outputs are all in paper? There are many Tiktok imitators in US. Facebook, Youtube etc. None of them can beat Tiktok because it has better technologies related with AI.

European countries dare not to sanction China. You should just accept that.

Tiktok itself was first created in Tensorflow (US based btw). If Bytedance has created a new internal framework for Tiktok (I don't know why they would do that because it's free and opensource anyway), then that too is written in Python.

Creating interesting models using Python is great thing. But using it to brag, call names and declare US which created these frameworks as 'inferior' is like teaching the father to f*ck.

And while on the topic, even Huawei's new 'Operating System' is written in Java

US created and continues to create all foundational tech for these areas.

Tiktok itself was first created in Tensorflow (US based btw). If Bytedance has created a new internal framework for Tiktok (I don't know why they would do that because it's free and opensource anyway), then that too is written in Python.

Creating interesting models using Python is great thing. But using it to brag, call names and declare US which created these frameworks as 'inferior' is like teaching the father to f*ck.

And while on the topic, even Huawei's new 'Operating System' is written in Java

US created and continues to create all foundational tech for these areas.
All Newton's acdemic papers were written in paper. Which was invented by China. So what? It's tool. Just like Microsoft's Windows. People are just used to it. If Windows is banned in China, there will be another os to replace it.

Tensorflow didn't succeed. Tiktok did. Withouth new technologies input, Tensorflow will forever be neglectable.

Last edited:
cheap knockoff...

perfectly reasonable steps for national security. But for more mundane things the US have a far more open cultures that's gives them the decisive edge in R&D compared to china.

Can't say the same thing here though we still have an *** backward policy of not letting in people with dual citizenship.
The packing order goes

Born in the US > Born outside the US.

You have to born in the US to gain a certain level of Clearance, even if you only have US citizenship. It's a weird way they see thing and think if you born in the country, then your allegiance will be aligned to that country.

On the other hand, if you are talking about smaller things, then yes, the American are more liberal on who are in the know of such thing. You can get Top Secret level clearance if you born outside the US but that wouldn't know much in reality.

All Newton's acdemic papers were written in paper. Which was invented by China. So what? It's tool. Just like Microsoft's Windows. People are just used to it. If Windows is banned in China, there will be another os to replace it.

Tensorflow didn't success. Tiktok did. Withouth new technologies input, Tensorflow will forever be neglectable.

I lost several brain cells reading this line. You have no clue what you're talking about do you?

Tensorflow didn't success. Tiktok did. Withouth new technologies input, Tensorflow will forever be neglectable.

I am pretty sure Newton wrote his "Newton Paper" on cotton fibre manuscript last time I saw that in display

IIRC, paper wasn't really a thing in the west pre-industrialisation.

I lost several brain cells reading this line. You have no clue what you're talking about do you?

Worst is the dude claimed he went to college in the west...

I am pretty sure Newton wrote his "Newton Paper" on cotton fibre manuscript last time I saw that in display

IIRC, paper wasn't really a thing in the west pre-industrialisation.
I mean Tesla and Einstein are the premier intellects of their time in their respective countries but they all go to the Us for a reason to further their R&D. In a way nothing changes. Other countries write paper while the US brings it into reality.

OP should see the article as a shame on china.

ITIF Report: The U.S. Underestimates China as an ‘Imitator’ Rather Than an Innovator at Its Own Peril

You can just show you point on the AI. Not anything other way.

Worst is the dude claimed he went to college in the west...
Lie. I never said that. I graduated from Chinese university.

Other countries write paper while the US brings it into reality.
Share of global manufacturing value added
value-added-png.911965

Back
Top Bottom