What's new

China to have 4 aircraft carriers, 18 Type 055 destroyers, and 300 J-20 by 2025

Pretty powerful fleet that will easily be No. 2 in the world by then.

The most powerful of the 4 aircraft carriers will be the two Type-003 currently being built and expected into service by 2023.
It says around 40 fighter aircraft will be carried but do you know which type as I cannot see pretty obsolete for the time J-15s being built for these carriers?

Well China can base in Pakistan for sure.

That is China's biggest problem I see when trying to compete with the US as they will need to find host countries for their carrier groups.

China is already second largest navy in the world

Yakhont is cheaper than any capital ship. Read how many S2 missiles were fired against B52 bombers in the decisive battle of 1972! What do you have against jungle?
In your logic, Russia will rule the universe with their 'Yakhont'...:rofl::rofl::rofl: while america is nothing with aircraft carriers... But reality is different from what you boy's dream world...
Again, the jungle is piece of shxt which still remain in 1972 but without soviet and China's back now... Today, you are just a stray dog lost your master after soveit collapsed...What do we have against the jungle??? your jokes are funny, but for your jungle, our aircraft carriers, nuclear subs, ballistic missiles, stealth fighters, bombers, nukes, or all sorts of precision attack weapons...... are not made for you... a few DJI drones are more than enough to wipe out all your junk army/airforce/navy :rofl::rofl::rofl: as you are just too pathetic, just check what you have got in your inventory, all junk...

Last edited:
Are you really 40 plus as you claimed? you act like a freaking child, you are in a defense forum without knowing the basic rules of modern warfare, so you believed Yankees doesn't attack Russian because they possess Yakhont?
When enemy Armada reaches within the range of coastal anti ships missiles, which means the enemy already has dominated in sea and sky, game over.
One more thing, what do you think is the difference of an AK47 in the hand of Viet and Rus?:wave:
This bumpkin named @Viet does not know the jungle only has 40 'Yakhont' while even Syria got 70...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-800_Oniks
And he certainly does not know or pretend to be not knowing that if 'Yakhont' is really that super duper, if the jungle dare to fire 1 with their pathetic $5B defense budget, we will fire 100 or more for each, in return...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-12
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-18

LOL @ PDF Chinese claiming that they are the 2nd most powerful Navy in the world right now.

While they have the 2nd most powerful surface fleet in the world, with their 2 dozen Aegis-type destroyers and 30 Type-054A frigates, they are weak both in air and sub-surface.

The J-15s are no match for F-35Bs and will be shot down in droves if they dare try to protect the fleet against incoming air attack.

The 3 Type-093B SSNs are on the level of Improved Los Angeles class and the UK's Trafalgar class but no match for Virginia class or the UK's Astute.

Sorry Chinese pdf fanboys you will just need to wait till the middle of next decade when you have sizeable numbers of Type-095 SSN and the naval version of the FC-31 in service. These two weapons systems will be cutting edge and my opinion is that the FC-31 will be better than the F-35B/C since it will be stealthier and have better manoeuvrability. F-35B/Cs better radar and electronics will not be able to compensate enough for these weaknesses.
Then China will be probably more powerful than UK + France + Russian Navies combined but still a long way to go before they can match up to US Navy.

Last edited:
LOL @ PDF Chinese claiming that they are the 2nd most powerful Navy in the world right now.

While they have the 2nd most powerful surface fleet in the world, with their 2 dozen Aegis-type destroyers and 30 Type-054A frigates, they are weak both in air and sub-surface.

The J-15s are no match for F-35Bs and will be shot down in droves if they dare try to protect the fleet against incoming air attack.

The 3 Type-093B SSNs are on the level of Improved Los Angeles class and the UK's Trafalgar class but no match for Virginia class or the UK's Astute.

Sorry Chinese pdf fanboys you will just need to wait till the middle of next decade when you have sizeable numbers of Type-095 SSN and the naval version of the FC-31 in service. These two weapons systems will be cutting edge and my opinion is that the FC-31 will be better than the F-35B/C since it will be stealthier and have better manoeuvrability. F-35B/Cs better radar and electronics will not be able to compensate enough for these weaknesses.
Then China will be probably more powerful than UK + France + Russian Navies combined but still a long way to go before you can match up to US Navy.
For F-35B, it is not a problem, we can put our J20s on the carrier in no time if needed. There is no technical difficult since we already mastered the tech to put heavy fighter plane on aircraft carriers. The navy is still considering FC-31 is due to balance of interest within CAIC. As for subs, no one knows how many type 095s we have built now, all speculations... But from past experience, this can only be a huge underestimation of the numbers for any weapons we built... And we have 70+ subs which is the world's second largest. 50+ of which are advanced subs, including 20+ AIP subs besides nuclear subs... However, surface ship are still the decisive and dominate force in naval warfare...

For F-35B, it is not a problem, we can put our J20 on the carrier in no time if needed. There is no technical difficult since we already mastered the tech to put heavy fighter plane on aircraft carriers. The navy is still considering FC-31 is due to balance of interest within CAIC. As for subs, no one knows how many type 095 we have built now, and we have 70+ subs which is the world's second largest. 50+ of which are advanced subs... However, surface ship are still the decisive and dominate force in naval warfare...

J-20 on carrier - no no no - it will take 5-10 years and you would need a catapult system and one of the currently building carriers will be required.

Tell me what is the point of the current Chinese carriers as they carry the obsolete J-15? These poor Chinese pilots would all die on the first day when F-35B/Cs armed with BVR missiles shoot them out of the sky in droves on the first day of battle. The reason why China is bothering is to train in carrier operations.

Like I say unless China has the Type-095 SSN verified in service and the naval version of the FC-31, it is a large but not that powerful Naval force. China's time will come very soon but it is not there quite yet.

J-20 on carrier - no no no - it will take 5-10 years and you would need a catapult system and one of the currently building carriers will be required.

Tell me what is the point of the current Chinese carriers as they carry the obsolete J-15? These poor Chinese pilots would all die on the first day when F-35B/Cs armed with BVR missiles shoot them out of the sky in droves on the first day of battle. The reason why China is bothering is to train in carrier operations.

Like I say unless China has the Type-095 SSN verified in service and the naval version of the FC-31, it is a large but not that powerful Naval force. China's time will come very soon but it is not there quite yet.
Joke again... Tell me what is the tech difficulty other than balance of interests, to put J-20s on the carrier, while we have already put heavy fighter plane J-15s on them???

Last edited:

It is the culture of China to not blindly followed the others pace when it comes to not only the millitary build up but every sectors, we put our boot on the ground, the opposit example is our neighbor India, program like Tejas and arjuns are the best example where they always wanted the bis, always come up with closing gap upgrade but at the end nothing.

Joke again... Tell me what is the tech difficulty other than balance of interests, to put J-20s on the carrier, while we have already put heavy fighter plane J-15s on them???

J-20 is not designed from the ground up to be carrier capable.
Can you easily put an F-16 on a carrier?

I posted an excellent piece on US Naval EW
I'm dealing with someone who thinks the tripe published by The Drive is excellent. That rag should be renamed The Drivel.

Now, don’t you have some Chinese taint that needs some attention?
Even your insults are stupid and derivative, but what else can one expect from you? Since you're so obsessed with licking taint, let me put the complex geopolitics in terms you might understand (and I'm already being generous by assuming you have some capability to understand anything). This is a lesson for you as well, @UKBengali, so pay attention.

Between two superpowers - whether you want to or not - you're going to have to lick one of their taints. So I can go with
hanfu-women-chinese-dance-costumes-qing-dynasty-costume-chinese-hanfu-traditional-chinese-dress.jpg

or
crazy-walmart5.jpg

This bumpkin named @Viet does not know the jungle only has 40 'Yakhont' while even Syria got 70...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-800_Oniks
And he certainly does not know or pretend to be not knowing that if 'Yakhont' is really that super duper, if the jungle dare to fire 1 with their pathetic $5B defense budget, we will fire 100 or more for each, in return...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-12
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-18
Vietnam’s defense budget is $5.5b and increases rapidly. modern war is mostly IQ war, so no need to waste too much on money on weapons. The lower the IQ the more money is needed. That explains why you need more money than us.

It is NOT difficult at all if necessary, but they chose F-17 (later F-18), here again, typical balance of interest between GENERAL DYNAMICS and Northrop ...

I am talking about here and now and not sometime in the future.

Fact is the UK Navy will beat the PLAN in an open ocean battle right now.

China has no answer in the air or under the water right now - the service of the Type-095SSN is not verified and so it cannot be counted as of yet.

These two weapons give the UK's Navy the edge right now:

F-35B - UK has 18 ready for battle right now:

220px-Britain%27s_most_advanced_jets_touch_down_on_home_soil_MOD_45164370.jpg

Astute Class SSN - UK has 3 submarines for battle right now. 3 Astute class submarines will be available to cause mayhem to the large Chinese surface fleet that is also being harassed by the 18 F-35Bs.

upload_2019-12-26_13-6-56.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom