What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

Another Russian ad like su35,Tu22,T-50, without paying China appearance fee

I seriously cannot see China being interested in the S-400 in 2017 as China is busily engaged in developing systems now that would be at least as effective as the S-400.
Yawn....... this means Russia is panicking that China has not requested any serious numbers of S-400 (maybe just 1 or 2 to study) so they are doing a sales campaign.

nothing wrong with this. SAM is of the area where russia is still leading the world. this good news if true..

ITAR-TASS: Russia - China may become first foreign country to buy S-400 anti-aircraft systems

GUIYANG (China), July 10. /ITAR-TASS/. Chief of Russian presidential staff Sergei Ivanov said it was possible that China would become the first foreign country to buy long- and medium-range anti-aircraft defense missile systems S-400 Triumf, but this may take several years. “Chances that China will be the first foreign purchaser are big,” Ivanov told reporters, recalling that Russian army had already received first air defense missile systems S-400.
As for military-technical co-operation between the two countries, Ivanov recalled effective and promising agreements that were concluded. “Promising contracts exist, for instance, for supplies of S-400 air defense missile systems. But their fulfillment will take several years to say the least, it is just impossible to produce this type of military hardware in six months,” the presidential staff chief added.

China buys foreign technology. Then with help of reverse engineering they create their own.

Smart people.

If true, this is very good news fo China. The S-300 is a formidable air defence system, and China was able to make succesful domestic copies of the same. They can pose a threat to any aircraft even today, even low observable ones.

Given their track record, I would expect the S-400 also to deliver on their promises, and defend against stealth aircrafts and cruise missiles.

let me ask you something, in 20 years when we achieved parity with US in Asia, who would talk about what we did today?

And if we don't what good is ethics going to do us?
I don't think you will achieve parity with the US in every sphere in 20 years. But regardless of that, the poster you quoted was complimenting you.

let me ask you something, in 20 years when we achieved parity with US in Asia, who would talk about what we did today?
And if we don't what good is ethics going to do us?
I wasn't mocking you. I like China's policy. Even Westerners took so many things from China and re-introduced as them their own. I like that China doesn't care about what western countries think. And do things as they wish.

Same can't be said for India which despite claims of having best brains wants to rely on Western technology forever.

S400 is not bad,we have too many HQ-2s in storage(7000+).Purchase few battalions of S400s is a good choice

China buys foreign technology. Then with help of reverse engineering they create their own.

Smart people.
Reverse engineering is not copy and paste. Every country will be a power house if it were that easy.
:coffee:

Reverse engineering is good for progress. Why reinvent the wheel?!

Reverse engineering helps to save $ and time if you know what you're doing. Once China fully modernize the military you will see more innovation. Right now we are just trying to catch up to the world. We were asleep for 100 years.

China may become first buyer of S-400s - Russian official10 July, 2014

9RIAN_02279506.HR.jpg

China may become the first buyer of Russia's S-400 anti-aircraft missile system, the Kremlin's chief of staff Sergei Ivanov said on Thursday.

"Chances that China may be the first foreign buyer [of S-400s] are high," he told reporters.

S-400, a new-generation long and medium-range anti-aircraft missile system, is capable of destroying all the existing air attack weapons, including tactical and strategic aircraft, ballistic missiles and hypersonic targets.

China may become first buyer of S-400s - Russian official - News - Politics - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

Back
Top Bottom