What's new

China: The New Superpower?

Your honesty is respected, but that is exactly what the US should to say before WW2. You will be dragged into global politics by force.

The US had decided to enter global politics long before WW2. Look up the Monroe Doctrine from the 1820s where the US decided that Europe could screw around in the Old World all it wanted, but the New World, i.e. the Americas, were off-limits to them.

Essentially, the Monroe Doctrine carved out the Americas as the US's exclusive hegemonic domain.

And, yes, China, India, Russia or any country that attains global reach will try to carve out its own hegemonic domain. It's not a question of being nice; it's simply how the game is played in a resource-scarce world and all players must eventually play the game or get trampled.

Very very interesting documentary.

BS china is the world's second largest economy in all the fields they are very damn good you name it they do it
China is very close to being one 5-6 years at most not more than that

Last edited by a moderator:

Very very interesting documentary.

Being a superpower is about three things:
A-- economic might
B-- military might
C-- cultural might

China has economic might (though it has a long way to go in per-capita terms). It will surely become competitive militarily, though domination seems unlikely in the near future. But, culturally, China is nowhere near the superpower league. As long as English remains the dominant global language, China will have a hard time dislodging America as the cultural hegemon.
I

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not there yet. Still many decades away from it. And also have to ensure that nothing devastating will be happening that may have an impact on us directly or indirectly.

US holds about 60~80% of the world's circulating and reserve currency; the majority of Fortune 500 are american companies; the list of major research universities; Silicon valley; Hollywood, Disney, its notorious and widespread media power, and the gang of proxy countries - india, japan, S korea, uk, australia ... and its military force.

It will take many years for us to beat those.

Why dont the sinophobes shine the light on india instead. They are dying for it!

there is nothing better than being chinese on a pakistani defence forum. you get your a$$ kissed all the time. similarly, there is nowhere worse for an indian to go

China is Regional Superpower not Global Superpower

there is nothing better than being chinese on a pakistani defence forum. you get your a$$ kissed all the time. similarly, there is nowhere worse for an indian to go
i heard indians are the most in this forum. even more than the hosts Pakistanis:cheers: .....

China is no new superpower.

India is! :agree: errr...by 20_ _ ... will some guru help me out here? :lol:

We hear so oftern that --

"historically, the combination of the economy of China and India occupied 1/2 of the world...blah blah"

But hey, so did China and Afghanistan, or China and Peru! :rofl:

China is no new superpower.

India is! :agree: errr...by 20_ _ ... will someone help me out here?

We hear so oftern that --

"historically, the combination of the economy of China and India occupied 1/2 of the world...blah blah"

But hey, so did China and Afghanistan! :rofl:

do you want to say 卅?:raise:

i heard indians are the most in this forum. even more than the hosts Pakistanis:cheers: .....

... and it will keep happening until the word "india" is not mentioned here in PDF.
also there are 7 times more indian net users than pakistanis

Back
Top Bottom