What's new

China: The New Superpower?

Your China is probably in worse shape. You have a demographic bomb in terms of gender imbalance and an aging population. You have a real estate problem that is at least on a par with ours if not worse. China have 1/4th the arable land compare to the US. Half of your population is still in poverty. Do I need to continue?

But America is facing a demographic time bomb too you know. All those pension funds have invested their money (401K) in government bonds and the stock markets. And when that bubble burst these people will loose everything. And this is happening just as the baby boomers are about to retire in droves. America is going to go bust before its get old.

The difference between China's property bubble and that of America's is that the biggest losses from the bursting of the housing bubble in America comes from the derivatives and the CDO's that has been created from the subprime loans. They put these subprime mortgages into a package with other assets and the credit ratings agency put their AAA stamp on them. For every dollar that was lost on mortgages there was 10 to 100 dollars in losses in the derivatives markets that these banks have been investing (betting) in. that's not the case in China, there are some investment vehicles that are linked to the property markets in China and these will be serious problems but nooooo where near that of the US.

China has 85% of America's arable land and has a population of about 4,3 times larger. So you're 5 time more arable land is correct. But in China the amount of land that's permanently cropped is 5 times larger than in the US

China isn't a new Superpower, at least not NOW. But after U.S crash, it will be. Or we won't.
When U.S became the Superpower ? After S.U crash so Chinese need patience.

As long as China keeps on the current aggressive policy on Vietnam, we are continuing a policy of containing China in the region and on the world. China can count on us.

LMAO the most delusional post in PDF history cannot believe human being can be this delusional and stupid

Your China is probably in worse shape. You have a demographic bomb in terms of gender imbalance and an aging population. You have a real estate problem that is at least on a par with ours if not worse. China have 1/4th the arable land compare to the US. Half of your population is still in poverty. Do I need to continue?

Subprime mortgage crisis in the United States instead of China:azn:

No doubt america is in bad shape china will overtake america in no time , just look at them they are busy working their asss off to contain china instead of developing their economy this kind of action really telling us america is losing the plot big time . just give us 5 more years and we will kick america asss left right and centre:bounce:

Why are you guys not including EU? Its breaking away slowly but surely as an independent power away from US influence.

They are two much of a decentralized confederation to make any world changing decisions. I doubt they would be able to come to a common view on any major issue.

Subprime mortgage crisis in the United States instead of China:azn:

Actually the real estate industry here has seen a rise in the last year or so, things are looking good for the moment.

China's money has mainly gone into the infrastructure it means that the money has been invested. Now some of the project will make money immediately, others will become profitable in the future and others will just simply never turn a profit at all. The last ones are a serious problem. Just how big the problem for China will be is still to early to say. But i do expect that for China there will be trouble from this in the future.

As for the Americans the problem there is that all the money that has been borrowed has gone in to consumption, welfare and bailing out failed enterprises at home and military expansion and agression abroad meaning that the money will never ever give a return no matter how long it takes. And the debts of the Americans are much larger then that of China's. I' mean 2,9 trillion dollars that's like 35% of GDP.

So China has invested 35% of GDP while America has spend more than 100% of GDP. China will make a partial loss on its investments while America will loose everything its has spend.

Who knows how much was lost due to corruption and lavish projects like the maglev railway line which according to studies from the inventors could never be profitable in a medium income country.

Who knows how much money will go down the drain in the planned 850 billion$ budget for cleaning up China. I read an article recently speculating how hard this will be due to the connections the heads of polluting companies' have with the provincial governments which benefit directly in employment and taxation from the said polluters. I say lots of that money will end up in Switzerland.

While i do agree, infrastructure is a good thing, good ol' fashion military expansion has it's benefits also. Installing puppets here and there can bring big bonuses. This may sound cold hearted but it is the truth.

Anyway, dont take this confrontationally, just trying to debate.

Who knows how much was lost due to corruption and lavish projects like the maglev railway line which according to studies from the inventors could never be profitable in a medium income country.

Who knows how much money will go down the drain in the planned 850 billion$ budget for cleaning up China. I read an article recently speculating how hard this will be due to the connections the heads of polluting companies' have with the provincial governments which benefit directly in employment and taxation from the said polluters. I say lots of that money will end up in Switzerland.

While i do agree, infrastructure is a good thing, good ol' fashion military expansion has it's benefits also. Installing puppets here and there can bring big bonuses. This may sound cold hearted but it is the truth.

If you find my tone to be confrontational then i apologize i mean no offense. But like you said you're self know one knows how big the losses will be so lets wait and see. And the Americans have been very incompetent in setting up vazal states. After spending nearly a trillion dollars to overthrow Saddam and occupy Iraq. And what do they get for it in return ? Today the government in Baghdad has now align themselves with Iran and has just signed a 4,2 billion dollars arms deal with Russia. Any amount of money spend on domestic infrastructure is better than those failed wars abroad don't you think ? All you have is speculation but i'm talking about facts here.

If you find my tone to be confrontational then i apologize i mean no offense.

No, no it wasnt, though the end of this post is a bit. But no worries from me. i've got a tough hyde and some claws of my own. :P

But like you said you're self know one knows how big the losses will be so lets wait and see. And the Americans have been very incompetent in setting up vazal states. After spending nearly a trillion dollars to overthrow Saddam and occupy Iraq. And what do they get for it in return ? Today the government in Baghdad has now align themselves with Iran and has just signed a 4,2 billion dollars arms deal with Russia. Any amount of money spend on domestic infrastructure is better than those failed wars abroad don't you think ? All you have is speculation but i'm talking about facts here.

Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil - CNN.com

No speculation here. And a region that is beyond a doubt more fucked up then it was before. Making easy targets for the future.

Afganistan is also a mess, ripe for abandoning it into the care of China, Russia, India. Karzai will be long gone to Dubai before 2014 and chaos will start all over again.

know one knows how big the losses will be so lets wait and see

The fate of the now ex-rail ministry should be indicative if you want to see. China did a good thing imho by separating it, dont get me wrong, i just wanted to illustrate for you that it is not all speculation.

I have seen you harping on the same thing again and again while forgetting your indian woes!

1. maglev involved core transfer of technology. It is not profiting but like many other countries, public transportation usually are not profitable
2. corruption is there in China. I think the case is the same or worse in india. Xie and other party members at the helm are determined to fight corruption. We have put some hi profiled corrupt officials behind bars. More arrests will come to the light
3. we have created environmental problems and we will be using our reserves to tackle it
4. you are confrontational

We were supposed to 'collapse' back in Jun 2010. How long are you fools going to drag out our 'collapse'?

Becos China lend US money to prevent her from collasping... Thank You China! :lol:

China's empty cities -- plural -- are even greater subprime mortgages. Ya think? :lol:

empty houses in cities are already bought by investors with hard cash old man! As long as the prices do not go down their asset value and investments are kept intact

subprime loans default when the mortgagees fail to meet demands and when the prices go down there burst the bubbles in usa.

empty houses in cities are already bought by investors with hard cash old man! As long as the prices do not go down their asset value and investments are kept intact

subprime loans default when the mortgagees fail to meet demands and when the prices go down there burst the bubbles in usa.
We are not talking about a few empty houses among many more occupied homes in lively towns and cities. We are looking at ENTIRE CITIES. In the US, defaulted homes can be rented out with potential renters. In China, empty cities can be filled with what?

I have seen you harping on the same thing again and again while forgetting your indian woes!

There are no Indian woes for me to worry about shuttler.

1. maglev involved core transfer of technology. It is not profiting but like many other coutries, public transportation usually are not profitable

There are other ways of achieving public transportation. not the megalomaniac way of importing the most expensive tech that cant turn a profit.

2. corruption is there in China. I think the case is the same or worse in india. Xie and other party members at the helm are determined to fight corruption. We have put some hi profiled corrupt officials behind bars. More arrest will come to the light

Best of luck. No people are safe from the greed of the governing cadre.

3. we have created environmental problems and we will be using our reserves to tackle it

Best of luck here as well. Sounds awfully alot for just bringing water to standards safe to operate with in factories, not even bathing or let alone drinking. I can link you the article where the connections of chief polluters with provincial party heads are explained.

4. you are confrontational

Nah, not today.

investors holding on to real estate is what drives prices up, creating a bubble.

China’s Home Prices Increase Most in 26 Months, SouFun Says

Back
Top Bottom