What's new

China: The New Superpower?

We are not talking about a few empty houses among many more occupied homes in lively towns and cities. We are looking at ENTIRE CITIES. In the US, defaulted homes can be rented out with potential renters. In China, empty cities can be filled with what?

we are not talking about one investor but thousands of investor owning tens of thousands of properties in China speculating for values to go up.

Unless these properties collapse the next year, they will be maintained as good as they are while discounting for normal wear and tear!

we are not talking about one investor but thousands of investor owning tens of thousands of properties in China speculating for values to go up.

Unless these properties collapse the next year, they will be maintained as good as they are while discounting for normal wear and tear!
Now THAT is sad. When so many Chinese live on about $2/day, what make you think property values in these empty cities -- plural -- have any meaning?

There are no Indian woes for me to worry about shuttler.

so your identity denial completely. Congratulations!

There are other ways of achieving public transportation. not the megalomaniac way of importing the most expensive tech that cant turn a profit.

yes but like I said public transportation projects are all making losses. It will take a longer time to recoup investment back that is all.

Best of luck. No people are safe from the greed of the governing cadre.

we are not protecting grand theft on the People. We are trying to crush it.

Best of luck here as well. Sounds awfully alot for just bringing water to standards safe to operate with in factories, not even bathing or let alone drinking. I can link you the article where the connections of chief polluters with provincial party heads.

Some parts or regions in our country have to suffer from unscrupulous gross mis mangement of water safety and pollution. it is affecting some part of China but not as devastating as 1 billion folks will die tomorrow

investors holding on to real estate is what drives prices up, creating a bubble.

China’s Home Prices Increase Most in 26 Months, SouFun Says

As long as the properties prices do not crash on a hard landing then let the market to digest the surplus units gradually

No, no it wasnt, though the end of this post is a bit. But no worries from me. i've got a tough hyde and some claws of my own. :P

Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil - CNN.com

No speculation here. And a region that is beyond a doubt more fucked up then it was before. Making easy targets for the future.

Afganistan is also a mess, ripe for abandoning it into the care of China, Russia, India. Karzai will be long gone to Dubai before 2014 and chaos will start all over again.

The fate of the now ex-rail ministry should be indicative if you want to see. China did a good thing imho by separating it, dont get me wrong, i just wanted to illustrate for you that it is not all speculation.

Correct me if i'm wrong but very few of the contracts went to American or UK companies. In fact most of the contracts went to Chinese and Russian companies. And if you want oil why invade Iraq ? You can just let the arms inspectors do their work and if there were no WMD's just lift the sanctions and the oil would have been flowing richly out of Iraq.

China: a new superpower?

NO.

Until the USD printing is outsourced 2 China!

Japanese Yen is more convertible world wide as a hard currency than Chinese bills.

Just be at European airports wexel counters...and know the difference.

Correct me if i'm wrong but very few of the contracts went to American or UK companies. In fact most of the contracts went to Chinese and Russian companies. And if you want oil why invade Iraq ? You can just let the arms inspectors do their work and if there were no WMD's just lift the sanctions and the oil would have been flowing richly out of Iraq.
This just goes to show how ignorant you are about the nuclear inspection regime in Iraq.

Did you know that Saddam Hussein tried to kill inspectors? Did you know that by agreement, UN nuclear inspector chiefs CANNOT be an American? Do you even know how many teams there were?

empty houses in cities are already bought by investors with hard cash old man! As long as the prices do not go down their asset value and investments are kept intact

subprime loans default when the mortgagees fail to meet demands and when the prices go down there burst the bubbles in usa.

And how exactly is it different from US subprime crisis.

When things were going great in US,investor's asset value seemed to be Intact.

If your supply is greater than demand and you are keeping prices high by manufacturing scarcity,it is a bubble that would burst once absorption power of market's end.

so your identity denial completely. Congratulations!

Meh....not worthy to respond to. I know this is your way of coping with reality, so....

yes but like I said public transportation projects are all making losses. It will take a longer time to recoup investment back that is all.

TGV, ICE, Amtrak's fast rail all operate with profit. Maybe the "all making losses" holds true for China but elsewhere they are forced to turn a profit because there are no trilion dollar safety nets behind.

An international comparison of railway organisational and planning frameworks | Anzir Boodoo - Academia.edu

we are not protecting grand theft on the People. We are trying to crush it.

I didn't say that. i wished you luck on it and the sentence after means that corruption is in human nature. Power corrupts slogan.

Some parts or regions in our country have to suffer from unscrupulous gross mis mangement of water safety and pollution. it is affecting some part of China but not as devastating as 1 billion folks will die tomorrow

Never said billion will die. It's just gonna be one huge clean-up bill.

After China's multibillion-dollar cleanup, water still unfit to drink | Reuters

Insight: China's losing battle against state-backed polluters | Reuters

read the 2nd link. Kind of a never ending circle. If they stop polluting the profit goes away, and the danger of defaults and crashes looms and if they dont stop, who knows what cancerous stuff will come around sapping the funds allocated to the health ministry which i predict will skyrocket in the coming years due to rampant pollution and empowerment of people demanding better treatment from the state.

As long as the properties prices do not crash on a hard landing then let the market to digest the surplus units gradually

I agree but, they thought the same in the US.

1 House prices are rising slower than real growth in the economy or real growth in the income.

had the biggest gain last month from February, with prices increasing 3.7 percent
12x~3% = 36% impressive GDP growth!

Your math ^^

while those in Shanghai, the country’s financial center, jumped 0.5 percent from February.

Your quote given the data holds true only for Shanghai. Barely.

2 Curbs are coming so the prices will start to fall very soon.

This wont be the first time curbs will be employed.

Article is there to read. It's facts, you are speculating. Come back with some links.

This just goes to show how ignorant you are about the nuclear inspection regime in Iraq.

Did you know that Saddam Hussein tried to kill inspectors? Did you know that by agreement, UN nuclear inspector chiefs CANNOT be an American? Do you even know how many teams there were?

He could have tried to kill inspectors, its possible. But can you provide a source for that claim. Why does the IAEI chief have to be a American ?

But back to my point America has gained nothing from the war. There were no WMD's in Iraq, no links to al-Qaeda or 9/11. The oil has gone to China and others, the democracy and nation building project has failed. So what was the war for ? And what has america gained after all of this.

And how exactly is it different from US subprime crisis.

When things were going great in US,investor's asset value seemed to be Intact.

If your supply is greater than demand and you are keeping prices high by manufacturing scarcity,it is a bubble that would burst once absorption power of market's end.

You know there is a difference, US people will most likely earn what they earn now, but China like India, the people's salary has tons of growth potential. So Chinese people will one day be able to afford these, but Americans can afford the same thing.

Now THAT is sad. When so many Chinese live on about $2/day, what make you think property values in these empty cities -- plural -- have any meaning?

we can improve on that. We are not proud of it.

I think you must be proud of the growing no of poor people in usa, do you?

Is Detroit empty?

it is not empty but it is going broke

I dont think detroit is the only one in america that goes broke.

BTW I think you must be a victim of the us subprime loan crash!?! and thus your credit card application is rejected!

Back
Top Bottom