What's new

China takes rights activists into custody

This is so sad. India must stand with the downtrodden, abused Chinese citizens. Don't worry - one day your children will too have rights. Perhaps your grandchildren. Remember, African Americans were disenfranchised till the 1960s even if slavery ended in America in 1865. So even if China has become a peoples' republic - perhaps by 2045 or so, they might catch up with the democratic states. Till then, martyrs like these will continue to take baby steps toward China becoming an open, free society.

I love this Y@nkee clown ... the best advertisement for Amriki these days. Do pls carry on.

OTOH, Prof Tiki is actually making some sense ... I'd have to take back what I said about him.

Arrrggghhh...more communists. When will it ever end? What's Amriki - is it a commie slang for America, by any chance?

We both know the answer to that.

Like I said, Hong Kong has never been a Democracy. We can't elect our top leaders, and we don't have universal suffrage.

Yet this is still one of the most advanced cities on Earth. And no, I don't see the need for democracy. Especially if you cite India as an "example" of a democracy in a developing country.

We are talking for the Mainlainders who are known to be some of the most Stammering People.

. . .

You're right Indians need to stop eating with one hand and wiping their A** with the other. Might get it mixed up one of these days.

Please do not get carried away and use abusive language. We understand how difficult it must be to rise up against prevalent injustices in China at the moment. If you said something against the Chinese govt., it would be akin to a white man speaking out in Mississippi against the Ku Klux Klan in their hey days. As Indians, we have always done our best to support those who speak out against tyranny. But truth be told, I am slightly disappointed with the Indian govt. for not doing more against the Burmese junta.

i was right abt u

Tanlixiang was once friendly to Indians here too. :D

Like I said, the China/India relationship is one of those very rare cases, where increased cultural contact may actually increase hostility.

Then why do the majority of Indians practice open defecation?

In trying to imply that we are a "lower species", your argument backfired on itself.

Buddy ... get a grip. Macaulay b@stards are not worth you dragging yourself through the mud.

Let the professor and the clown have it ... really.

Please leave this forum or at least this thread. We are looking for independent thinkers like Mr. Ai. Your one sided propaganda is becoming a huge bore and you are just taking up bandwidth now. Bring some intelligent ideas/debate to the matter at hand or just report back to your CPC boss that you are failing in your duty to amuse people any more.

You seems to have this curious belief only people sharing your opinions are independent thinkers. Oh the irony!

And please don't talk about intelligent debate, I fail to see the ideological struggle sessions you're so fond of has any intelligence in them. They invariably remind me of the worst days of communism in China. Maybe zealots everywhere are the same.

Oh, by the way, if anyone here has any intelligent ideas to spare, why not join the two threads I recently started. One's about gangster politics in Chongqing and future political direction of the princelings, another was about the popular protest in Nanjing and problems of local governance in China. Both of those thread started with some of the best recent Western journalism on China.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/100417-show-them-money-old-china.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/98880-nanjing-tree-fight-refreshingly-free-stability.html

A shame most critics here are full of ideologies and short on ideas, thus unable to contribute to any nuanced discussion.

Back
Top Bottom