What's new

China swimmer Ye Shiwen 'clean', says British Olympic Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye Shiwen entered her second event (200m individual medley), and won her SECOND Gold medal. :cheers:

BBC Sport - Olympics swimming: Ye Shiwen wins second gold at London 2012

I was worried that the open accusations of illegal doping in the international media would have put her off. But luckily it did not. :)

Everybody was worry and I'm glad she proofed those haters wrong. She has a natural talent that the Australian swimming coach Ken Wood describes best:

"At 5 feet 8 and 141 pounds, Ye has better power-to-weight ratio than counterparts in other countries, he said. There are also her hands—which the 6-foot-2 Wood says are as big as his—and her size 10.5 feet, which turbocharge her strokes".

God wants her to be the best and no one can deny her!

In the west, Ye Shiwen has become a target of cynicism and suspicion. Two powerful wins in the pool have made her the new face of a Chinese swimming regime accused of doping and duping.
But in China, the 16-year-old with broad hands and freestyle afterburners that have stunned observers in London is being hailed as a miracle by her millions of new fans and aspiring swimmers alike.
On the first night at the Olympic pool, her world-record breaking time in the 400m individual medley had jaws dropping to the floor. American Elizabeth Beisel was the pre-race favourite and Olympic champion Stephanie Rice couldn’t be discounted. Instead, Ye shaved five seconds off her best time to detonate her rivals in breathtaking fashion, beating a split time by American male star Ryan Lochte in the process.* Doping accusations followed almost immediately.
Last night, Ye made it gold number two, beating Australia’s Alicia Coutts into silver in the 200m version of the event. The same dominance wasn’t evident but even an Olympic record for Coutts wasn’t enough to secure Australia’s second gold. Ye set a new Olympic record herself (2.07.57) to cement her reputation as the bright new star of women’s swimming. And she will only get faster.
China’s media censorship has prompted some commentators to suggest that the furore now surrounding Ye is unfolding in a news vacuum in her home country. China blocks social media sites like Twitter but have their own state-approved version in web portals like Sina Weibo.
The Chinese were quick to use Weibo to condemn allegations against their new prodigy and ask for an apology by media outlets, like the BBC in Great Britain, that questioned her credibility within moments of the breathtaking swim, in which she hauled in Beisel as if she was stuck in neutral.
‘‘Ask foreign media to apologize! Good luck Ye Shiwen, show them what you can do in the 200m!,’’ wrote mena1988, while xiaomogu declared the entire Games a write-off: ‘‘Nothing to say, too ridiculous, the London Olympics is such a failure.’’
Another post from fengmi1994 said Chinese athletes weren’t doping and described her wonder swim in the 400m IM as a "miracle".
‘‘I remember this girl said, ‘‘Please tell those journalists, Chinese athletes do not dope’’ F#k!! They still subject her to testing. So what if she’s only 16? It’s called the power of youth. It was a miracle. Strongly request foreign media to apologize to Ye.’’
Ye, Chinese coaches and the Australian coaches she works with have strongly denied any doping was involved. And the American swimming team has distanced themselves from inflammatory comments made by countryman John Leonard, the executive director of the World Swimming Coaches Association, that put an asterix squarely behind all of Ye’s performances.
Australia’s Coutts came out strong in support of Ye after her silver in the 200m IM, saying the teenager had never recorded a positive result despite stringent testing and shouldn’t be cast as a drug cheat because of China’s record.
‘‘I like to believe innocent until proven guilty. As far as I’m concerned I think she is an amazing swimmer and it’s just amazing that I got to be as close as I was with how amazing she is,’’ Coutts said.

Culture clash: a target in the west, Ye celebrated as a

come on.. face it... she is using drugs.. state sponsored drugs!!.. china is one of the worst countries for doping, just look at the 80's, 90's even the 2000's... you would be stupid if you thought they have changed at all. they havent.. all they have done is made drugs that are not detectable by currect standards. just because a test came up with nothing, does not mean she is not doping... it is impossible for a swimmer, to knock 5 seconds of a PB in 6 months!!!!... when you do a 400 metre race, you do not go a certain speed for the first 3 and a half legs, then on the last 50m go faster then you have the previous 350m... there is such thing as lactose which prevents that for starters... she even swam faster then her male counterpart!!!! then she got out of the pool and walked around etc like she barely even had a swim!!! lol... this is not possible.. even if someone from my pown country pulled off the same feat, i would say they are doping too...

china will do anything to win, they are the biggest drug cheats in history... u just need to look at their attitudes to prove it... look at the badmitton, the chinese team tanked their match so they would not have to face their countrymen before the medals and could face them in the final... they were booed by the crowd and all.. they try to maximise their medal chances by using sneaky underhanded tactics like this... so of course they will dope too.. china attitude has not changed one bit... they are no different to like that were 20 years ago.. sorry there is a difference, these days they are better at it... i cannot wait for the IOC to create a test that actually detects the chinese - state made performance enhancing drugs, then we can expose them for the rot and ***** they truly are

come on.. face it... she is using drugs.. state sponsored drugs!!.. china is one of the worst countries for doping, just look at the 80's, 90's even the 2000's... you would be stupid if you thought they have changed at all. they havent.. all they have done is made drugs that are not detectable by currect standards. just because a test came up with nothing, does not mean she is not doping... it is impossible for a swimmer, to knock 5 seconds of a PB in 6 months!!!!... when you do a 400 metre race, you do not go a certain speed for the first 3 and a half legs, then on the last 50m go faster then you have the previous 350m... there is such thing as lactose which prevents that for starters... she even swam faster then her male counterpart!!!! then she got out of the pool and walked around etc like she barely even had a swim!!! lol... this is not possible.. even if someone from my pown country pulled off the same feat, i would say they are doping too...

china will do anything to win, they are the biggest drug cheats in history... u just need to look at their attitudes to prove it... look at the badmitton, the chinese team tanked their match so they would not have to face their countrymen before the medals and could face them in the final... they were booed by the crowd and all.. they try to maximise their medal chances by using sneaky underhanded tactics like this... so of course they will dope too.. china attitude has not changed one bit... they are no different to like that were 20 years ago.. sorry there is a difference, these days they are better at it... i cannot wait for the IOC to create a test that actually detects the chinese - state made performance enhancing drugs, then we can expose them for the rot and ***** they truly are

Sore loser Indian. :rolleyes:

Sore loser Indian. :rolleyes:

not a sore loser at all.. im a realist and i tell it how it is... china is the sneakiest dirtiest country of them all... you have a state sponsored drug program.. u make drugs that are not detectable by current standards, just to win.

why dont you win honestly??

not a sore loser at all.. im a realist and i tell it how it is... china is the sneakiest dirtiest country of them all... you have a state sponsored drug program.. u make drugs that are not detectable by current standards, just to win.

Watch the video from the Chairman of the British Olympic Association. :lol:

BBC News - China swimmer Ye Shiwen clean, says British Olympic Association

In his own words: "She is clean, she passed the test, and that is the end of the story. It is regrettable that there is so much speculation without proof."

post reported

Shame on those "news commentators" and "coaches" overseas who openly accused our 16-year old gold-medal winning athlete of illegal doping, when they could have simply waited one day until the drug test results came out.

--------------------------

BBC News - China swimmer Ye Shiwen 'clean', says British Olympic Association

120730081118-ye-shiwen-swimmer-story-top.jpg

--------------------------

These accusations came about, after it turned out Ye Shiwen was faster in the last half of her event than both Lochte and Phelps were in the men's finals:

Chinese swimmer stuns with Lochte-beating split - CNN.com

China's Ye Shiwen staggered the world – even Ryan Lochte | The Guardian

how can a non white be better than white!!

post reprted for what?? telling it how it is?? what i believe?? good onya lol

fact is china cheats!!... you are CRAZY to think a female, can swim faster then a man!!... there is only 1 man... ONE!!!! man who has swam a lap in the 400m faster then YE... that is michael phelps... she was faster then every other man....

so what you people want others to believe is.. no different to this.... you have usain bolt, running 100metres... and u have a women running 100m too.. in the last 25 metres of the race, your saying it is possible that the female can come from behind in the final 25 metres, and run faster then the male counterpart and win ??? ... or u have runners in 400m race.. int he last 50 metres, from behind a chinese athlete runs at incredible speed, faster then the previous 350m.. and is able to finnish that 50 m faster then usain bolt???

it is the same thing.. it does not happen.. it is physically impossible.. china cheats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom