What's new

China surpassing U.S. with 54.9 petaflop supercomputer

You seem to not understand what I am saying.

What I have said is not totally targeting at you but the general public here.

There are indeed members here who "dismiss US' capabilities and exaggerate our achievement" as if we are already on the top the world for a long time.

Why don't you take time to read those comments from several threads related to this super computer list thing for the past week???

BTW, there are also members who say: "chips are nothing???" Seriously???

There are enough idiots already. I do not think "韬光养晦" is old fashioned either.

nah, you are taking the whole thing way too seriously!

You seem to not understand what I am saying.

What I have said is not totally targeting at you but the general public here.

There are indeed members here who "dismiss US' capabilities and exaggerate our achievement" as if we are already on the top the world for a long time.

Why don't you take time to read those comments from several threads related to this super computer list thing for the past week???

BTW, there are also members who say: "chips are nothing???" Seriously???

There are enough idiots already. I do not think "韬光养晦" is old fashioned either.

There are also some idiot who is having sour grape and claim chips are everything, all other for super computer is nothing. Check out some of the comment about news of Tianhe -2. Instead of just only pointing only things you want to point out. Why not you check the overall picture.

It's funny, how you try to claim Chinese forumer are boastful while the racist white supremacy comment of Chinese being good for nothing are totally ignore by you. More or less show what kind of things you trying to spread here.

Chips are nothing???

Well, do we have the ability to manufacture those chips???

Where are we in our chip technology rank list???

"Chips are nothing???" This has to be the most idiotic comment I have ever heard of.

Why don't you ask the Tianhe-2's main scientists whether they agree with what you have said.

I cannot believe even today there are still those "买椟还珠" type of people.

The chips are nothing compare to the overall build, power consumption design and cooling system distribution. Those chips can found in any available commercial computer but super computer design is unique and difficult to master.

Chips are nothing???

Well, do we have the ability to manufacture those chips???

Where are we in our chip technology rank list???

"Chips are nothing???" This has to be the most idiotic comment I have ever heard of.

Why don't you ask the Tianhe-2's main scientists whether they agree with what you have said.

I cannot believe even today there are still those "买椟还珠" type of people.

We are replaced those chip with domestic(loongson) in future. But the design,cooling system, power distribution can replaced with what? American design?

TIan he-2 design is unique and complete design by the Chinese scientist. You cant find it in another countries.

In the future?

We are not talking about something that is not realized yet.

You can talk about all the fanfare we China send ships to Mars and beyond... However, all of those have not happened.

BTW, you are telling me design, cooling system, power distribution and etc are more important than chips???

Do you calculate using those "cooling system, power distribution and etc" or using chips???

Chips are super computer's brain. As for its architecture design, well, it is also very important. However, I would not think that is more important than chips.

No matter how beautiful the case is, I will not think it is more important than the crown-jewel inside.

We are replaced those chip with domestic(loongson) in future. But the design,cooling system, power distribution can replaced with what? American design?

Let me tell idiot like you.

If there are no chips from U.S. or the west, we will for sure not have this super computer. Actually, we will have zero on the top 500 list.

You can put our China-made Chips there and let's see how fast they can run. If our chips are already good enough, why our more than 60 top 500 super computers do not run on our own chips???

what a moron.

There are also some idiot who is having sour grape and claim chips are everything, all other for super computer is nothing. Check out some of the comment about news of Tianhe -2. Instead of just only pointing only things you want to point out. Why not you check the overall picture.

It's funny, how you try to claim Chinese forumer are boastful while the racist white supremacy comment of Chinese being good for nothing are totally ignore by you. More or less show what kind of things you trying to spread here.

In the future?

We are not talking about something that is not realized yet.

You can talk about all the fanfare we China send ships to Mars and beyond... However, all of those have not happened.

BTW, you are telling me design, cooling system, power distribution and etc are more important than chips???

Do you calculate using those "cooling system, power distribution and etc" or using chips???

Chips are super computer's brain. As for its architecture design, well, it is also very important. However, I would not think that is more important than chips.

No matter how beautiful the case is, I will not think it is more important than the crown-jewel inside.

Let me tell idiot like you.

If there are no chips from U.S. or the west, we will for sure not have this super computer. Actually, we will have zero on the top 500 list.

You can put our China-made Chips there and let's see how fast they can run. If our chips are already good enough, why our more than 60 top 500 super computers do not run on our own chips???

what a moron.

From your idiotic comment. Clearly you know nothing about China and what's happening. You just come here trying to pass off comment to suppress any achievement of China.

Let me ask you a question. How much do you know of Loongson chips? You clearly have no idea and you are so quick to put it off? Clearly this shows your mentality and purpose of posting your nonsense in this thread.

If Intel don't sell Chips. Loongson can take over. As simple as that. But why would Intel do that? The competition is already so intensive. Stop selling to China will be like shooting its own foot.

As I say again. Every Super computer design is unique and cannot be replicated. It has its own cooling system and power distribution arrangement. It needs a national level effort to make it happen.

In 2015, Tianhe-2A will reach 100 petaflops and it will use the indigenous chips.

But this is still nothing compared to our undergoing quantum supercomputer, which will be the next revolutionary groundbreaking achievement.

I do not know anything about China???

My CS degree is from the best Univ in China. My dad was the chief scientist designing one of the most important components for...
and he has won "国家科技进步一等奖"...

I know nothing??? What a joke.

If Loongson is that good, why don't we use it???

As for quantum computing or the next gen 100-petaflops, before it is realized, let's not bring those fanfare this loud. When members here laugh at indian members for similar types of talks, they do not realize they are doing exactly the same type of talking.

Well, ask any important person from CS field that "cooling system, power distribution and etc" is more important than chips, see what will be his response? That person can be your school's professor, or any higher-level tech companies research scientist and etc.

From your idiotic comment. Clearly you know nothing about China and what's happening. You just come here trying to pass off comment to suppress any achievement of China.

Let me ask you a question. How much do you know of Loongson chips? You clearly have no idea and you are so quick to put it off? Clearly this shows your mentality and purpose of posting your nonsense in this thread.

If Intel don't sell Chips. Loongson can take over. As simple as that. But why would Intel do that? The competition is already so intensive. Stop selling to China will be like shooting its own foot.

As I say again. Every Super computer design is unique and cannot be replicated. It has its own cooling system and power distribution arrangement. It needs a national level effort to make it happen.

My CS degree is from the best Univ in China. My dad was the chief scientist designing one of the most important components for...

Well, ask any important person from CS field that "cooling system, power distribution and etc" is more important than chips, see what will be his response? That person can be your school's professor, or any higher-level tech companies research scientist and etc.

you are not participating in Tianhe 2 production arent you?
how much of Tianhe 2 is Chinese? 20% 40% 60% ...

If Loongson is that good, why don't we use it???

As for quantum computing or the next gen 100-petaflops, before it is realized, let's not bring those fanfare this loud. When members here laugh at indian members for similar types of talks, they do not realize they are doing exactly the same type of talking.

Godson is still able to power our indigenous petaflops supercomputer, so we are 2-3 years behind USA in the CPU department.

HPCwire: China Deploys First Petaflop Supercomputer with Native Chips

I do not paticipate in Tianhe but it has a very close relationship to my Univ as well.

As for how much of Tianhe 2 is Chinese???

Before the chips are 100% design in China and made in China, the so-called "NO. 1" will always have a double quote or question mark.

Just like our highly fanfared J-20, before the engine is 100% design/made in China, I would consider our air force to be much less reliable during war efforts.

you are not participating in Tianhe 2 production arent you?
how much of Tianhe 2 is Chinese? 20% 40% 60% ...

I do not paticipate in Tianhe but it has a very close relationship to my Univ as well.

As for how much of Tianhe 2 is Chinese???

Before the chips are 100% design in China and made in China, the so-called "NO. 1" will always have a double quote or question mark.

Just like our highly fanfared J-20, before the engine is 100% design/made in China, I would consider our air force to be much less reliable during war efforts.

you cant quantify and are you implying Tianhe 2 is 100% american?

Back
Top Bottom