What's new

China surpassing U.S. with 54.9 petaflop supercomputer

You really exaggerate about my remarks. I am not pessimistic, let alone overly pessimistic. :)

Not like some others here, I simply think it as: well, it is a good achievement but there is still a long way to go since a lot of the most important components are not indigenous yet.

no actually ephone is overtly pessimistic to the level of approaching depression

he says if the usa doesnt give us the CPUs we have zero supercomputer
It sounds like we are begging the Americans for mercy while the yanks are laughing at the banks

Native? How Native???

I talked to my dad and his colleagues more than enough, many of them research scientists from different type of research institutes,

"native" is really a funny/debatable word in scientific fields of China.

Are you making some really dubious comment here? We don't know who your dad is, and not interested at all.

I bring up an official article, then you bring up your dad, what is the fcking problem with you?

Where did you get that implication?

I have no idea where you get this type of american thinking: if not friend, must be enemy???

you cant quantify and are you implying Tianhe 2 is 100% american?

I have enough credentials to have more information than most of people here who like to do "夸夸其谈" BTW, my dad passed away already, though not communist, contributed his entire life to CHINA. His death was also direct result of years field test hardship. The real people who contribute to the development of China, especially military tech related, really sees our shortcomings much more clearly and deeply... they will not be the ones here 夸夸其谈, 大吹法螺

Are you making some really dubious comment here? We don't know who your dad is, and not interested at all.

I bring up an official article, then you bring up your dad, what is the fcking problem with you?

You really exaggerate about my remarks. I am not pessimistic, let alone overly pessimistic. :)

Not like some others here, I simply think it as: well, it is a good achievement but there is still a long way to go since a lot of the most important components are not indigenous yet.

Thank goodness you are curable!:cheers:

How far away are we from getting our own indignous CPUs which can power our supercomputer to the top?

Let me ask you a question hypothetically: Let's say we bought a french sonar system, though old but still better than ours, we did some reverse engineering, make a little bit modification, install it on our subs....

Do you call that "OURS" or "Imported"???

Where did you get that implication?

I have no idea where you get this type of american thinking: if not friend, must be enemy???

I have enough credentials to have more information than most of people here who like to do "夸夸其谈" BTW, my dad passed away already, though not communist, contributed his entire life to CHINA. His death was also direct result of years field test hardship. The real people who contribute to the development of China, especially military tech related, really sees our shortcomings much more clearly and deeply... they will not be the ones here 夸夸其谈, 大吹法螺

Then don't believe it and don't read it at all, but you don't need to show off your smarta$$ behavior, won't you?

I am not your concern to cure or not to cure.

As for our own CPUs, why don't you email your questions to those Tianhe-2 scientists directly? I have never said that I know the progress.

Thank goodness you are curable!:cheers:

How far away are we from getting our own indignous CPUs which can power our supercomputer to the top?

Let me ask you a question hypothetically: Let's say we bought a french sonar system, though old but still better than ours, we did some reverse engineering, make a little bit modification, install it on our subs....

let me ask you back

if a Chinese chef who uses american ketcup and imported pork from say France for a sweet and sour pork dish out of a Beijing kitchen. is it a Chinese dish or a French dish or an american dish?

I am not your concern to cure or not to cure.

As for our own CPUs, why don't you email your questions to those Tianhe-2 scientists directly? I have never said that I know the progress.

I am just asking for your estimation based on your CS knowledge

You compare cooking to military tech or high tech?

As for the estimation, how could CS knowledge will get an estimation???

let me ask you back

if a Chinese chef who uses american ketcup and imported pork from say France for a sweet and sour pork dish out of a Beijing kitchen. is it a Chinese dish or a French dish or an american dish?

I am just asking for your estimation based on your CS knowledge

If the hull, electronics, nuclear propulsion system, and torpedoes are all Chinese in your hypothetical submarine, is it ours or imported? :lol:

You compare cooking to military tech or high tech?

I am giving you an analogy which you cannot answer

all the rest of the world who are engaging in the making of supercomputers are doing the same thing - using american CPUs
and still the supercomputer belongs to their country, be it Japan, UK, France or Germany

As for the estimation, how could CS knowledge will get an estimation???

I thought you are keeping yourself abreast with the latest tech development in China and have your insight into that!

If the hull, electronics, nuclear propulsion system, and torpedoes are all Chinese in your hypothetical submarine, is it ours or imported? :lol:

imported because the paint brushes are from india!

You simply do not understand the difference between U.S.'s relation with other western countries and U.S. relation with China.

What is the likelihood U.S. cut off japan, germany, u.k.??? They are in the same alliance.

As for others, you simply cannot tell the difference of core vs peripherals.

I am giving you an analogy which you cannot answer

all the rest of the world who are engaging in the making of supercomputers are doing the same thing - using american CPUs
and still the supercomputer belongs to their country, be it Japan, UK, France or Germany

I thought you are keeping yourself abreast with the latest tech development in China and have your insight into that!

imported because the paint brushes are from india!

You simply do not understand the difference between U.S.'s relation with other western countries and U.S. relation with China.

What is the likelihood U.S. cut off japan, germany, u.k.??? They are in the same alliance.

As for others, you simply cannot tell the difference of core vs peripherals.

of course I do

even without intel we can still make our supercomputers albeit not yet as high in the ranks, yes or no!?

which country can make as many peripherals as we can? Japan or Germany?

Back
Top Bottom