What's new

China starts the evacuation of citizens from Vietnam

As I have said to you, that was the year Ho Chi Minh declared president of VN Communism in the North, meanwhile the French-still control the South and later US-back South Regime. Real unification happened in 1975, while in China unification is already established in 1949. Speaking of Party-led country status, we are older than you.

I don't care about party-led because I'm not belonging to any party.
As I know, China still not unification until now ...

You are wrong about French control, our National Day after the famous incident "August Revolution"

------------

The August Revolution (Vietnamese: Cách mạng tháng Tám), also called the August General Uprising (Vietnamese: Tổng Khởi nghĩa tháng Tám) by the Indochinese Communist Party and known in the West as the Vietnamese Revolution, was a revolution in Vietnam.

On August 19, 1945, the Việt Minh under Hồ Chí Minh began a revolution against French colonial rule in Vietnam. From August 19 onwards, demonstrations and uprisings against French rule broke out in cities and towns throughout Vietnam. Given Japan had surrendered to the Allies at the end of World War II, the Japanese forces in Indochina stepped aside and allowed nationalist groups to take over public buildings in most of the major cities. While the Japanese allowed the nationalist groups free run of the country, they kept former French officials imprisoned.

At the time, the Vietminh were being provided with minor supplies by the United States to fight the Japanese.

-------------

On August 22, 1945, OSS agents Archimedes Patti and Carleton B. Swift Jr. arrived in Hanoi on a mercy mission to liberate allied POWs and were accompanied by Jean Sainteny, a French government official.[22] The Japanese forces informally surrendered (the official surrender took place on September 2, 1945, in Tokyo Bay) but being the only force capable of maintaining law and order the Japanese Imperial Army remained in power while keeping French colonial troops and Sainteny detained.[23]

Japanese forces allowed the Viet Minh and other nationalist groups to take over public buildings and weapons without resistance, which began the August Revolution. After their defeat the Japanese Army gave weapons to the Viet Minh. In order to further help the nationalists, the Japanese kept Vichy French officials and military officers imprisoned for a month after the surrender. OSS officers met repeatedly with Ho Chi Minh and other Viet Minh officers during this period and on September 2, 1945, Ho Chi Minh declared independence from France for Vietnam.[24]

The Viet Minh had recruited more than 600 Japanese soldiers and given them roles to train or command Vietnamese soldiers.

Last edited:
I don't care about party-led because I'm not belonging to any party.
As I know, China still not unification until now ...

You are wrong about French control, our National Day after the famous incident "August Revolution"

The August Revolution (Vietnamese: Cách mạng tháng Tám), also called the August General Uprising (Vietnamese: Tổng Khởi nghĩa tháng Tám) by the Indochinese Communist Party and known in the West as the Vietnamese Revolution, was a revolution in Vietnam.

On August 19, 1945, the Việt Minh under Hồ Chí Minh began a revolution against French colonial rule in Vietnam. From August 19 onwards, demonstrations and uprisings against French rule broke out in cities and towns throughout Vietnam. Given Japan had surrendered to the Allies at the end of World War II, the Japanese forces in Indochina stepped aside and allowed nationalist groups to take over public buildings in most of the major cities. While the Japanese allowed the nationalist groups free run of the country, they kept former French officials imprisoned.

At the time, the Vietminh were being provided with minor supplies by the United States to fight the Japanese.
Don't talk nonsense. The date of revolution in China is still older. CPC-PRC existed at the time of KMT-ROC. CPC only declared existence of PRC in 1949 after control China main proper. You didn't gain control until 1975. 1945 is your so called independent day but you technically never control the country fully. The country was not in full unification until 1975. It's a fact that you can't argue with. When it comes to communist revolution, Soviet Union is the oldest, next is us, 3rd is North Korea, 4th is You. In fact, you might be the youngest if we count Cuba and other former Communist like West Germany, Poland, etc....

Don't talk nonsense. The date of revolution in China is still older. CPC-PRC existed at the time of KMT-ROC. CPC only declared existence of PRC in 1949 after control China main proper. You didn't gain control until 1975. 1945 is your so called independent day but you technically never control the country fully. The country was not in full unification until 1975. It's a fact that you can't argue with. When it comes to communist revolution, Soviet Union is the oldest, next is us, 3rd is North Korea, 4th is You. In fact, you might be the youngest if we count Cuba and other former Communist like West Germany, Poland, etc....

Xunzi, you are trying to persuade me that the National Day of PRC is another day than 10.10. 1949 ??

As I have said to you, that was the year Ho Chi Minh declared president of VN Communism in the North, meanwhile the French-still control the South and later US-back South Regime. Real unification happened in 1975, while in China unification is already established in 1949. Speaking of Party-led country status, we are older than you.

I repeat, Vietnam in 1945 still not divide into South Vietnam and North Vietnam. That division happen in 1954.

And China in 1949 still have not Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan ... so far Taiwan still apart ... so why you use the sentence "China unification is already established in 1949"

Last edited:
Xunzi, you are trying to persuade me that the National Day of PRC is another day than 10.10. 1949 ??
Let say we have a different way to characterize our unification date. This is why we need to rank based on Communist revolution or the date Communist Party was found in respective country. Soviet Union was the oldest with CPSU found in 1912. China CPC was found in 1921. Communist Party of Vietnam was found in 1930. Soviet Union revolution and successfully unified the country in 1922, China in 1949, Vietnam in 1975.

Japan does keep very good environment , very clean and beauty.

If the free visa policy is true , it is really amazing .

A high developed country opens its gate to a developing country with free visa , never heard that before.

About the earthquake , not a big deal ,I have some relatives work there ,they are used to it now.

Yes, it looks to be a very interesting place. I look forward to visiting there and other countries on my trip to Asia.

Let say we have a different way to characterize our unification date. This is why we need to rank based on Communist revolution or the date Communist Party was found in respective country. Soviet Union was the oldest with CPSU found in 1912. China CPC was found in 1921. Communist Party of Vietnam was found in 1930. Soviet Union revolution and successfully unified the country in 1922, China in 1949, Vietnam in 1975.

You said something nonsense ... so you should consider North, South Korea has no National Day, and same to China ... because you all still not unified the country.

We not date as Revolution, but the Revolution itself give the control to Viet Minh throughout the country, and after completed, we declared the National Day. Vietnam is not divide, so unification term at the time meaningless
August Revolution in August, and National Day in 2. September

I repeat, Vietnam in 1945 still not divide into South Vietnam and North Vietnam. That division happen in 1954.

And China in 1949 still have not Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan ... so far Taiwan still apart ... so why you use the sentence "China unification is already established in 1949"
1945, your country is colonized by France. Then later the country is split in half. HongKong, Macau, and Taiwan are greater China. They are not China main proper. Technically, we need to use the date the ruling party was found or the official date of unification or the date you were recognized by the UN. Whatever you choose, we are older. Size, power, strength, age, whatever you want to compare, we are the bigger brother.

1945, your country is colonized by France. Then later the country is split in half. HongKong, Macau, and Taiwan are greater China. They are not China main proper. Technically, we need to use the date the ruling party was found or the official date of unification or the date you were recognized by the UN. Whatever you choose, we are older. Size, power, strength, age, whatever you want to compare, we are the bigger brother.

bad argument.
so which date, you want our govt send the greeting message as China National Day ?

You said something nonsense ... so you should consider North, South Korea has no National Day, and same to China ... because you all still not unified the country.

We not date as Revolution, but the Revolution itself give the control to Viet Minh throughout the country, and after completed, we declared the National Day. Vietnam is not divide, so unification term at the time meaningless
August Revolution in August, and National Day in 2. September
You are correct, North and South Korea are not complete country. While we may have no control over Taiwan domestic policy, we have complete control over the sovereignty. The UN doesn't recognized Taiwan as independent.

You cannot called yourself national day when you are not even in control of the country destiny. If you want to strictly talk about the day of modernization or national day, then China was found in 1911 depending on the control regime. The control regime founding day and their official unification is very important in determine the age of the country.

bad argument.
so which date, you want our govt send the greeting message as China National Day ?
Depending on the official representation, 1949 to PRC, 1911 to ROC. We don't accept informal date.

You are correct, North and South Korea are not complete country. While we may have no control over Taiwan domestic policy, we have complete control over the sovereignty. The UN doesn't recognized Taiwan as independent.

You cannot called yourself national day when you are not even in control of the country destiny. If you want to strictly talk about the day of modernization or national day, then China was found in 1911 depending on the control regime. The control regime founding day and their official unification is very important in determine the age of the country.

1. Accept your tricky way to call Taiwan ... I just confused that Taiwanese people never obey your rule.
2. The country was found in 10.10.1911 is R. O. C. which the rulers place the capital in Taiwan Hsien now ... not P.R.C
so PRC never consider 10.10.1911 as National Day but Taiwan did ...
3. in 1945, Viet Minh controls nation-wide ... you are lack of knowledge about Vietnam.
4. In officially, every country send the greeting message to Vietnam in 2 Sept for celebrating Vietnam National Day, next year 70 years

310721494153.jpg

Taiwanese not evac, they keep telling us "We are not Chinese, we are Taiwanese, we not agree with Chinese acts and statement"

Taiwan_ROC_Passport.jpg

Last edited:
1. Accept your tricky way to call Taiwan ... I just confused that Taiwanese people never obey your rule.
2. The country was found in 1.1.1912 is R. O. C. which the rulers place the capital in Taiwan Hsien now ... not P.R.C
so PRC never consider 1.1.1912 as National Day but Taiwan did ...
3. in 1945, Viet Minh controls nation-wide ... you are lack of knowledge about Vietnam.
4. In officially, every country send the greeting message to Vietnam in 2 Sept for celebrating Vietnam National Day, next year 70 years
1. There is no official title called "Taiwan". It is Chinese Taipei or officially called "Republic of China". Obey or not, nobody care. International recognition determine sovereignty.
2. 1911 is "Chinese revolution" date that people in China recognized and even CPC. We know that year is an important year as it is the year Qing was overthrew.
3. You never did. No one recognized it. In fact, when Ho Chi Minh declared president in 1945, he tried to get the US recognized but was completely ignored. It was a self-proclaim president of a country that are still in the mid of colonial battle. Japan colonized for a short period in 1945, then French re-colonized again until the split. Didn't gain full until 1975. It is fact and not worth to debate. Ask the world.
4. You decide to call yourself national day before the egg even hatched. As respect, people send flower to you on the date you decided but that is why I called it informal. We can easily changed our national day and people will send flower to us whatever year we want but you see, we care about formal status. So 1949 is our national day. As I told you already, the revolution date is the most important in deciding the age of a modern successive state.

1. There is no official title called "Taiwan". It is Chinese Taipei or officially called "Republic of China". Obey or not, nobody care. International recognition determine sovereignty.
2. 1911 is "Chinese revolution" date that people in China recognized and even CPC. We know that year is an important year as it is the year Qing was overthrew.
3. You never did. No one recognized it. In fact, when Ho Chi Minh declared president in 1945, he tried to get the US recognized but was completely ignored. It was a self-proclaim president of a country that are still in the mid of colonial battle. Japan colonized for a short period in 1945, then French re-colonized again until the split. Didn't gain full until 1975. It is fact and not worth to debate. Ask the world.
4. You decide to call yourself national day before the egg even hatched. As respect, people send flower to you on the date you decided but that is why I called it informal. We can easily changed our national day and people will send flower to us whatever year we want but you see, we care about formal status. So 1949 is our national day. As I told you already, the revolution date is the most important in deciding the age of a modern successive state.

bad argument ... ashame for the way you argue ...
You are wrong to say Viet Minh not control all Vietnam in 1945, but yourself CPC never put a foot on Formosa ... to be called liberate or unify ...

Ho Chi Minh get the power with the help of US and Japanese, please check. US staff beside him ( in person ) when he declared the national day.

2. When CPC found ? 1921 ... then 1911 for what ? Still Republic of China ...
4. If you want, you change your country name to R. O.C and National Day to 10.10.1911

Last edited:
Yes, I know. You gain $240-300 billion annual trade surplus with U.S while you gain $24-30 billion in annual trade surplus with us. Do the math, genius
Which means you are insignificant compare to China's other trade partners. Which means trading 50% less with vietnam isn't going to affect China's economy. It only means it will cost more (through inflation) for you guys to make up that difference which most viets cannnot afford.

So Vietnamese go Japan freely without Visa policy ?
The viets are probably staying illegally but don't let this viet fool you. If a viet want to visit Canada, the government require the viet to put up a huge sum of money as collateral before the viet can visit canada in case the viet stay illegally. The japs are not stupid so they are probably doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Which means you are insignificant compare to China's other trade partners. Which means trading 50% less with vietnam isn't going to affect China's economy. It only means it will cost more (through inflation) for you guys to make up that difference which most viets cannnot afford.
Buying from you means buying quantity. Buying from U.S and its allies means buying in quality. With $36 billion of purchases we buy from you annually, we will shift that to them.

The viets are probably staying illegally but don't let this viet fool you. If a viet want to visit Canada, the government require the viet to put up a huge sum of money as collateral before the viet can visit canada in case the viet stay illegally. The japs are not stupid so they are probably doing the same thing.
You mean If a Vietnamese is rich , he can go to Japan and Canada freely without a visa.

If he is not rich , he needs to pledge a lot of money to Jap and Canada Gov?

Back
Top Bottom