What's new

China signals ban on eating dog meat

There are majority Chinese that support it. I am one of them. I love dogs as well as cats.

Then you don't eat...why stop others from eating them?
Isn't this the same argument people use when Hindus object to beef eating?

• First animal cruelty law in China was passed in 2001. Never enforced.
  • Wet markets are violating every possible article in sanitary code, yet never closed, while sanitary guys somehow manage to close even top tier supermarkets.
  • Hunting is effectively banned in China since 2002 or 2003
  • A loophole allowing consumption of wild animals that never been "hunted" was closed after SARS, yet that was again never enforced
  • First biosecurity laws were passed after SARS, but organs instituded by them weren't ever created
  • Several provinces, and cities already have specific prohibition of dog meat (i.e. Beijing, and Yanbian out of all places,) but who knows
  • State veterinary inspection was supposed to ensure a 100% pig flu vaccination rate, and raise of veterinary standards by 2006, and then when 2009 hit, by 2012. Not a single thing was done. Now we have again the chicken flu, pig flu, and asf
  • The last untreated sewage dump must've been closed by the time of10th 5 year plan, and when they failed that, it was moved to 11th, and then 12th... Even in Guangdong, only Zhujiang delta is relatively clean, upstream it's still blackwater. If one is tired of living, he drink a cup from Yellow river

There are no animal cruelty laws in China. I've been following that issue for a while. None have ever been passed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_welfare_and_rights_in_China

As for the other instances, yes, I'm worried that laws will not be strongly regulated.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...signals-end-to-dog-meat-consumption-by-humans

I really hope this passes. In addition to banning the wildlife trade, China needs to ban the eating of dogs and cats if it wants to improve its image around the world. In addition, it needs to better regulate its wet markets, even though there is no proof Covid-19 came from there.

Shenzhen just banned the eating of dogs and cats. Shenzhen is typically the first city where future policies are introduced. Hopefully all of China will follow soon.

Many Chinese are against this signal, it's not legal to ban eating dogs because foreingers don't like it.

Banning of eating wildlife animal is not the way, regulating the control is the way. Only licenser that being trained and approved with proper hygiene way of treating them can slaughter or process the meat before shipped to restaurant.

In fact, one of the major source or virus is chicken even heavily regulated and control worldwide. Every year , many cases of H1N1 and other flu still happened and result in transmission to humans. It just a matter of time, more stronger mutation may happened and another epidemic will happened. And shall we banned the sales of chicken?

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...signals-end-to-dog-meat-consumption-by-humans

I really hope this passes. In addition to banning the wildlife trade, China needs to ban the eating of dogs and cats if it wants to improve its image around the world. In addition, it needs to better regulate its wet markets, even though there is no proof Covid-19 came from there.

Shenzhen just banned the eating of dogs and cats. Shenzhen is typically the first city where future policies are introduced. Hopefully all of China will follow soon.

I hope that this will be followed by ban on drinking black soap and items of rats. One more pandemic derived from rat food is looming on the old world originated from China

Some People in northeast India also eat dog meat.
It not good to ban something because of other people. Dogs are domestic animals so if some one want they can eat it. What is problem?
Wild animals eating should be banned.

Does China wants to be truly independent? Shouldn't make decisions just to placate foreigners.

That said, I hope she bans dog and cat eating. But do it because Chinese want it.

I hope that this will be followed by ban on drinking black soap and items of rats. One more pandemic derived from rat food is looming on the old world originated from China

Chinese people do not eat bats and do not eat bat soup. The pictures circulating on the internet are from the Pacific Island of PALAU. The Chinese girl who was eating bat soup was a travel hostess doing a video on specialties FROM PALAU.

Chinese also by and large do not eat rats. I don't know if there are isolated individuals in Guangdong and Guangxi who eat rats, but by and large, that's mostly something found in Vietnam. Those two provinces I named are bordering Vietnam and may have some influence from there but if you see videos of Asians eating rats on the internet, they are most likely from Vietnam or Cambodia.

Does China wants to be truly independent? Shouldn't make decisions just to placate foreigners.

That said, I hope she bans dog and cat eating. But do it because Chinese want it.

The vast majority of Chinese do not eat dogs and cats. The vast majority of Chinese consider them pets.

So why should China let a small group of dog and cat eaters continue to ruin the image of the vast majority of the country? Isn't that stupid?

In the future, with the rise of the middle class, China will consume more beef. It is better to build farms in the country. Importing beef from the United States and Australia is very expensive and faces food quality issues
India exports beef I think.

Many Chinese are against this signal, it's not legal to ban eating dogs because foreingers don't like it.
Not only foreigners don't like IT. @tower9 and myself are two Chinese who are against it too. Maybe a lot more other Chinese.

The world should force the Chinese to go vegetarian.

This banning of one disgusting meat is of zero consequence. They will simply replace it with another more disgusting one.

What about bat meat?

Pangolins?

@Beast I agree 500% on chicken. It's a disgusting meat. Most frequent fliers learn very quickly to stay away from chicken on long distance flights. Especially originating from Asia.

India exports beef I think.

Not only foreigners don't like IT. @tower9 and myself are two Chinese who are against it too. Maybe a lot more other Chinese.

Majority Chinese don't eat dog and against banning eat dog. I don't want political correctness destroy China, I don't want the minority kidnap the majority.

If China bans eating dog I will eat dog.

The world should force the Chinese to go vegetarian.

This banning of one disgusting meat is of zero consequence. They will simply replace it with another more disgusting one.

What about bat meat?

Pangolins?

@Beast I agree 500% on chicken. It's a disgusting meat. Most frequent fliers learn very quickly to stay away from chicken on long distance flights. Especially originating from Asia.

India actually has a vegetarian rate of 38%. That is actually impressive. lol

Majority Chinese don't eat dog and against banning eat dog. I don't want political correctness destroy China, I don't want the minority kidnap the majority.

If China bans eating dog I will eat dog.

See you in jail!

Back
Top Bottom