What's new

China signals ban on eating dog meat

Yum roast duck. I find chinese/east asians do this the best with asian duck and get good crispiness esp.

In west the duck is too fatty for me.
A little fat is essential. It just really juicy with fat. :D

Anyways, I am off. Have a nice day guys.

In Northern China, the main meats are lamb, beef and pork.
The Mongols consumed a lot of lamb, goat meat and horse meat. Perhaps people living in Inner Mongolia are also influenced by Mongolia, but they eat less horse meat because of a shortage of supplies

The Mongols consumed a lot of lamb, goat meat and horse meat. Perhaps people living in Inner Mongolia are also influenced by Mongolia, but they eat less horse meat because of a shortage of supplies

Northern China has a lot of wide open plains so lamb has always been a very popular animal. This is the biggest difference between Northern vs Southern Chinese cuisine, the North has always eaten a lot of lamb and not much seafood.

Northern China has a lot of wide open plains so lamb has always been a very popular animal. This is the biggest difference between Northern vs Southern Chinese cuisine, the North has always eaten a lot of lamb and not much seafood.

North has a lot of mixing with Mongols and Buryats a group that originates from Siberia they have their own republic in Russia as well so diet I am guessing in Northern regions of Inner Mongolia, and Heiloongjiang
are probably similar cusine hearty, meaty just like in Central Asia

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...signals-end-to-dog-meat-consumption-by-humans

I really hope this passes. In addition to banning the wildlife trade, China needs to ban the eating of dogs and cats if it wants to improve its image around the world. In addition, it needs to better regulate its wet markets, even though there is no proof Covid-19 came from there.

Shenzhen just banned the eating of dogs and cats. Shenzhen is typically the first city where future policies are introduced. Hopefully all of China will follow soon.
How is there no proof it started in the wet market? Where else do you think it started then?

In the future, with the rise of the middle class, China will consume more beef. It is better to build farms in the country. Importing beef from the United States and Australia is very expensive and faces food quality issues

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...signals-end-to-dog-meat-consumption-by-humans

I really hope this passes. In addition to banning the wildlife trade, China needs to ban the eating of dogs and cats if it wants to improve its image around the world. In addition, it needs to better regulate its wet markets, even though there is no proof Covid-19 came from there.

Shenzhen just banned the eating of dogs and cats. Shenzhen is typically the first city where future policies are introduced. Hopefully all of China will follow soon.

Won't work... It will just go underground.

When you don't have moral compass against right or wrong... You cannot change bad habits.

Won't work... It will just go underground.

When you don't have moral compass against right or wrong... You cannot change bad habits.

It will work because now you have the law to enforce it. Yes, a part of it will go underground but the point is that the practice cannot be practiced in the open anymore and will gradually become less and less frequent. Look at what's happened in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc.

How is there no proof it started in the wet market? Where else do you think it started then?

The first batch of confirmed cases had no relation to the wet market.

Whats so special about dogs that you are contemplating banning it?

I thought you should allow people what they want to eat...what changed?

Nei sik m sik gong guangdunghwa a?
Wo bu hui shou Guangdong hua. :D
But I did understand what you said. I mainly speak ke ja.

Whats so special about dogs that you are contemplating banning it?

I thought you should allow people what they want to eat...what changed?
There are majority Chinese that support it. I am one of them. I love dogs as well as cats.

Wrong move. Pigs are more disgusting. They should be banned first from the whole world

Do you know the so-called "Spanish Flu" that erupted in 1918 and killed 500 million people around the world over the course of the pandemic was a pig respiratory virus transmitted from the pigs to the humans in the pig farms in Spain and then spread to all over the world. There has been no virus which has caused more human suffering than that Spanish pig flu virus but in news they conveniently remove its connection with the swines and pigs and that too with the "safe farmed" pigs and not some "wild" pigs. The most recent swine flu pandemic was in 2009 started in USA again from the farmed pigs.

Just read the history of Spanish flu in this article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu
And another beauty the swine flu of 2009 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_influenza

Last edited:
Hey thanks China - looks like YOU ARE READING MY POSTS! Here is what I wrote a few days ago in another thread.

But let's be honest, eating every dog and cat that moves, and eating every donkey and wild animal that moves, doesn't exactly gives a very good impression of China as a major power. Chinese government needs to put a ban on this ASAP to improve the image of China as a responsible, major power.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chin...top-uk-think-tank.659991/page-2#post-12204942

I don't know why China just picks on some selected animals and bans the consumption of their meat. This act, though I still welcome, doesn't feel sincere. What she should really promote is the law against animal cruelty. She should foster the compassion among her citizens towards animals, instead of just making a duck-tape law in order to soften the protests from other countries.
  • First animal cruelty law in China was passed in 2001. Never enforced.
  • Wet markets are violating every possible article in sanitary code, yet never closed, while sanitary guys somehow manage to close even top tier supermarkets.
  • Hunting is effectively banned in China since 2002 or 2003
  • A loophole allowing consumption of wild animals that never been "hunted" was closed after SARS, yet that was again never enforced
  • First biosecurity laws were passed after SARS, but organs instituded by them weren't ever created
  • Several provinces, and cities already have specific prohibition of dog meat (i.e. Beijing, and Yanbian out of all places,) but who knows
  • State veterinary inspection was supposed to ensure a 100% pig flu vaccination rate, and raise of veterinary standards by 2006, and then when 2009 hit, by 2012. Not a single thing was done. Now we have again the chicken flu, pig flu, and asf
  • The last untreated sewage dump must've been closed by the time of10th 5 year plan, and when they failed that, it was moved to 11th, and then 12th... Even in Guangdong, only Zhujiang delta is relatively clean, upstream it's still blackwater. If one is tired of living, he drink a cup from Yellow river

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom