What's new

CHINA RUMORED TO SHARE STEALTH FIGHTER TECH WITH PAKISTAN

But JF-17 is a light weight combat jet:p:, PAF need 5th gen medium weight combat jet to replace F-16 in front line service:pakistan::china:

I don't think so.

JF-17 block 3 will be a very good addition and I am sure it will be better than F-16 block 50/52 in service with PAF.

We don't need to replace F-16 now because we have to replace Mirages and F-7PGs first.

First Scenario:-

150 JF-17 will make 8 squadrons means all F-7PGs would be retired by the completion of 150 JF-17.

150 JF-17 + 76 F-16s takes the total strength of PAF fighter squadrons to 12 so there will be 6 more fighter squadrons which will require replacement.

6 squadrons replacement could be two 5th Gen fighter jet squadrons means 36 fighter jets and 4 squadrons of 4th gen jets (J-10, J-11, F-16s etc) .

And 45 initial F-16s purchased between 1984-87 will need replacement starting from 2024 because their service of 40 years/8000 hours will end at that time. We can go for 2000 hours lifespan addition to keep them running till 2034. Rest of F-16s don't require replacement now not even 13 Jordan F-16s.

Second Scenario:-

PAF goes for 250 JF-17 which will make 12 Fighter jet squadrons + 4 already used squadrons of F-16s + 2 squadrons of 5th gen jets to have total of 18 fighter squadrons.

Second one more feasible in current situation. But nice ideas very realistic and reasonable.
I don't think so.

JF-17 block 3 will be a very good addition and I am sure it will be better than F-16 block 50/52 in service with PAF.

We don't need to replace F-16 now because we have to replace Mirages and F-7PGs first.

First Scenario:-

150 JF-17 will make 8 squadrons means all F-7PGs would be retired by the completion of 150 JF-17.

150 JF-17 + 76 F-16s takes the total strength of PAF fighter squadrons to 12 so there will be 6 more fighter squadrons which will require replacement.

6 squadrons replacement could be two 5th Gen fighter jet squadrons means 36 fighter jets and 4 squadrons of 4th gen jets (J-10, J-11, F-16s etc) .

And 45 initial F-16s purchased between 1984-87 will need replacement starting from 2024 because their service of 40 years/8000 hours will end at that time. We can go for 2000 hours lifespan addition to keep them running till 2034. Rest of F-16s don't require replacement now not even 13 Jordan F-16s.

Second Scenario:-

PAF goes for 250 JF-17 which will make 12 Fighter jet squadrons + 4 already used squadrons of F-16s + 2 squadrons of 5th gen jets to have total of 18 fighter squadrons.

@Zarvan what part of f-22 not for export, not even to israel but f-35 available to key allies dont u understand???, now apply that to China. Exceptional weapons like j-20 are a symbol of the indigineous excellence of a nation, excellence which is achieved by decades of hard work, countries that achieve such milestones dont want to part with that, not even for closest allies because they want their highest techs to be exclusively only for thier own consumption and understandibly so....we have learned a lot from evolution of jf-17 and decades of overhauling of mirages etc and handling of f 16's, time to go solo in the 5th gen program, u have to believe that we can achieve that. Let me put it this way, China wont export j 20 as a whole package but they can deliver some sensitove techs needed for a Pakistani 5th gen program to lift off. Didnt jf 17 teach us that having an inhouse platform is priceless as in control of all its features, we need inhouse platforms now that we have complete control over, even the closest allies cannot be relied upon when posh comes to shove. To me a relitively inferior 5th gen Pakistani platform is a million times more valuable than 200 exported j 20's.....

Best if Technology from These Projects are applied to the JF-17

Stealth Shaping, Aesa Radar, IRST, EW RF Jamming Sensor built into the airframe Preferably with GaN, Fused Avionics, E/O Targetting Pod, Supercruise capable engine and airframe modification to enable it, Advanced IFF capability, Fast Data Gigabit Ethernet between Sensors, Latest Mission Computer, PL-10E WVR Missile, PL-15 BVR Missile, Helmet Mounted Display, more use of composites and better build quality to minimize RCS/IR signature, APU (Auxillary Power Unit) so plane can start fast and autonomously, retractable refueling probe, integrated internal rotary cannon into the top of the airframe, stealthy/Low IR signature Nozzle for engine exhaust, refueling probe Modern and highly secure Datalinks.

These are the key Techs

Everyone wants Gripen E.
That is obvious, LOL.

@Zarvan what part of f-22 not for export, not even to israel but f-35 available to key allies dont u understand???, now apply that to China. Exceptional weapons like j-20 are a symbol of the indigineous excellence of a nation, excellence which is achieved by decades of hard work, countries that achieve such milestones dont want to part with that, not even for closest allies because they want their highest techs to be exclusively only for thier own consumption and understandibly so....we have learned a lot from evolution of jf-17 and decades of overhauling of mirages etc and handling of f 16's, time to go solo in the 5th gen program, u have to believe that we can achieve that. Let me put it this way, China wont export j 20 as a whole package but they can deliver some sensitove techs needed for a Pakistani 5th gen program to lift off. Didnt jf 17 teach us that having an inhouse platform is priceless as in control of all its features, we need inhouse platforms now that we have complete control over, even the closest allies cannot be relied upon when posh comes to shove. To me a relitively inferior 5th gen Pakistani platform is a million times more valuable than 200 exported j 20's.....

Hazrat's word is final! J20 for achar

You are comparing China to USA, seriously man and keep living in bubble that J-20 is not for export those in PAF are having good laughter time at your thoughts I can tell you that.

You are comparing China to USA, seriously man and keep living in bubble that J-20 is not for export those in PAF are having good laughter time at your thoughts I can tell you that.

The J-20 will be more expensive than the J-31, but China has never said that the J-20 will not be available for export.

I think the J-20 will definitely be available after 2020.

O bholey badshah, wise men say once u show them how its done u domt matter anymore......the thing we are discussing, in this regard every power is the same, russian indo 5th gen deal went up in flames over the same issue. People dont wanna share the best they got, its human instinct, friend or not....China se dosti himalaya ke paharon se unchi hai par j 20 aus se ooncha aurta hai asi liye its off limits...

The J-20 will be more expensive than the J-31, but China has never said that the J-20 will not be available for export.

I think the J-20 will definitely be available after 2020.
Sir I have no clue why we want J-20 and not J-31 as I am not good at features of fighter jets I am just telling the news what I am getting from my sources which are credible. I always thought J-20 to be way bigger for a stealth jet but people say that is not a issue, so you from this you can know How much I lack in knowledge of fighter jets I am just telling the news I have

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom