What's new

“China ready to support Indian bid for UNSC”

Out of the G4 members, India has the smallest economy.

Germany and Brazil should definitely get in. I doubt any of the P5 will dilute their own veto powers though, so it will probably be a permanent seat without veto.

But India's 1.7 trillion dollar economy is growing at 8-9% a year and it will overtake many economies by the end of this decade. It is not too optimistic to think that it would be fourth largest behind China, US and Japan by 2020. It would only take a few years after that for it to overtake Japan as well.

Germany would not make sense. It is an "old" country that is heading for geopolitical insignificance over the long run and really Europe should end up with a single seat, as both France and the UK will also become unimportant in the future.

Brazil is a good chooce with it's large, relatively developed economy. It has a massive population and huge land area, coupled with immense agricultural, energy and mineral resources.

But India's 1.7 trillion dollar economy is growing at 8-9% a year and it will overtake many economies by the end of this decade. It is not too optimistic to think that it would be fourth largest behind China, US and Japan by 2020. It would only take a few years after that for it to overtake Japan as well.

Germany would not make sense. It is an "old" country that is heading for geopolitical insignificance over the long run and really Europe should end up with a single seat, as both France and the UK will also become unimportant in the future.

Brazil is a good chooce with it's large, relatively developed economy. It has a massive population and huge land area, coupled with immense agricultural, energy and mineral resources.

i agree. Indian economy is 9th biggest in world. we have surpassed Canada.

Actually, it does have quite strict parameters.

Charter of the United Nations: Chapter XVIII: Amendments

To amend the UN charter and allow new permanent members, you need unanimous support from ALL of the P5 nations, as well as a 2/3 majority in the general assembly. Both of which are extremely difficult to achieve.

You think I have a problem with the West? Who do you think is fueling our economic boom? :P

we understand the procedure to how to get reform of UNSC, we are talking about the campaign and the narrative. So, for what reason have you brought up the economy of india, perhaps to make a point how India is ineligble in your opinion. we are talking opinions not procedures.

You think I have a problem with the West? Who do you think is fueling our economic boom? :P

West is not doing any charity by investing in India or China. We give top returns and market for their investment & products. Also the loans from IMF are not aid either.

I have no problem with Germany being inducted but that would mean 4 Europen powers at table, which means that Europe is severely over represented which should be negated by inducting more countries from other continents like India & Japan.

I think Western analysts are wrong to assume that India will be able to sustain a high growth rate, just because China did. We are very different countries.

Decades ago, people were either saying that "China will join the top 5 economies" or that "China would collapse".

The truth is, no one knows what will happen, until it actually happens. There are just as many doomsayers as there are optimists.

Check out how many people thought China would collapse in the recent 2008 Credit Crunch (including Indian think tanks). They were all proved wrong, just as people who say that "China will be the number one economy" may be disappointed in the near future.

I think Western analysts are wrong to assume that India will be able to sustain a high growth rate, just because China did. We are very different countries.

Decades ago, people were either saying that "China will join the top 5 economies" or that "China would collapse".

The truth is, no one knows what will happen, until it actually happens. There are just as many doomsayers as there are optimists.

Check out how many people thought China would collapse in the recent 2008 Credit Crunch (including Indian think tanks). They were all proved wrong, just as people who say that "China will be the number one economy" may be disappointed in the near future.

So because analyst were predicting Chinese economy collapse and it din't you in turn are predicting Indian economy collapse ..just to carry on the trend hunh..nice logic.

So because analyst were predicting Chinese economy collapse and it din't you in turn are predicting Indian economy collapse ..just to carry on the trend hunh..nice logic.

I don't think it will collapse.

Sustaining a 10% growth rate for three decades, that feat has only been accomplished once in the modern era, by China.

It is a logical fallacy, to assume that just because China was able to do it, India will be able to do it too. Why not just wait and see?

There are multitude of opinions out there, and yes, most of the financial Analysts who live in NYC or the political ones who live in DC, have good idea about India and China if not in detail, they are aware of the fundamental differences, so no they are not predicting India's economic growth because of China did it, but the thing about Indian economy is it have timely adjustments, quarterly contractions and a brief recession in the last decade, and India is where it is. The post economic recession stimulus numbers of India is barely $8Billion compared to over $500Billion by China, so we came out of recession with flying colors as China did but with about 100th of the stimulus.

Just because China and India piled into one group only the shallow of the analysts think they will have the same trend of economic growth which cannot be farther from truth.

Economy of the country and UNSC arent related. We are not talking about IMF or any financial institution here.

Russia has a smaller economy then India. Arent they a permanent member? There's no defined criteria for UNSC and hence possibility of Japans or Germany's or Brazil's bid winning is as good as India's.

I don't think it will collapse.

Sustaining a 10% growth rate for three decades, that feat has only been accomplished once in the modern era, by China.

It is a logical fallacy, to assume that just because China was able to do it, India will be able to do it too. Why not just wait and see?

Again I don't see any facts on the basis of which you are making this claim..atleast other analyst make the claims on some established facts and figures precedence's..but more foolish assumption would be, that It can only be done once that too only by China

There are multitude of opinions out there, and yes, most of the financial Analysts who live in NYC or the political ones who live in DC, have good idea about India and China if not in detail, they are aware of the fundamental differences, so no they are not predicting India's economic growth because of China did it, but the thing about Indian economy is it have timely adjustments, quarterly contractions and a brief recession in the last decade, and India is where it is. The post economic recession stimulus numbers of India is barely $8Billion compared to over $500Billion by China, so we came out of recession with flying colors as China did but with about 100th of the stimulus.

Just because China and India piled into one group only the shallow of the analysts think they will have the same trend of economic growth which cannot be farther from truth.

Future predictions are notoriously unreliable. Even the top economic experts, at the biggest banks, were all shocked by the credit crunch (and their banks collapsed too).

There are just as many doomsayers as there are optimists. No one knows which side is correct until it actually happens.

I've been hearing "China collapse" stories all my life. Just as I've been hearing "China will be the biggest economy" stories.

Every expert has their own future prediction, and there is no way of knowing who is correct before it happens. As the old saying goes, ask ten economists the same question, and you will get ten different answers.

The only thing you can count on, is what you have today. And work hard for the future.

So according to A Chinese member , all western analyst talking about Indian sustained growth is wrong B.S and Chinese is correct ???Because they are different Country :coffee:(WOW!!That's what am talking about ,A Commendable post From so called Premium Member )

Future predictions are notoriously unreliable. Even the top economic experts, at the biggest banks, were all shocked by the credit crunch (and their banks collapsed too).

There are just as many doomsayers as there are optimists. No one knows which side is correct until it actually happens.

I've been hearing "China collapse" stories all my life. Just as I've been hearing "China will be the biggest economy" stories.

Every expert has their own future prediction, and there is no way of knowing who is correct before it happens. As the old saying goes, ask ten economists the same question, and you will get ten different answers.

The only thing you can count on, is what you have today. And work hard for the future.

no economist worth his salt was shocked by the credit crunch - just looking at the great bubble that the us consumerism had created it was only a matter of time before it burst...... It had been predicted time and time again

1. Sourceless article
2. If China was ready to embrace India and dump Pakistan, then what were they negotiating.
3. The Indian can say what ever they want doesn't change the fact that they withdrew their candidacy themselves. Sore losers talk a lot.

Back
Top Bottom