What's new

CHINA PROVIDED Z10 HELICOPTER TO PAKISTAN

So you have better sensors than countries with years of experience building choppers and a massive industrial capability and R&D ...?

Even a MANPAD can bring down a chopper.. i specifically asked you.. "What do you think SAMs are used for ?" ... Nobody has the money or low iq to use sams to protect armour columns..
The RWS 300 sensors on board are from SAAB

Where do you think we will be using the batteries???

The RWS 300 sensors on board are from SAAB

Where do you think we will be using the batteries???

I dnt know much about the sensors onboard the Z-10 ... but specs seem solid.

SAM batteries arent that mobile or cheap to be used for that... they are used to protect important assets... and not fast moving armour columns or troops.

I dnt know much about the sensors onboard the Z-10 ... but specs seem solid.

SAM batteries arent that mobile or cheap to be used for that... they are used to protect important assets... and not fast moving armour columns or troops.
IA has ordered 2 Akash regiment consisting of around 2000 missiles.....each missile will cost around 7 crore
IA is going to place more orders and I think they will be used for armoured column protection also because MANPADS will be ineffective against gunships with 10 km missile range And 7crore is nothing compared to a 150 crore gunships
But I am not sure....you could be right

Last edited:
IA has ordered 2 Akash batteries consisting of around 2000 missiles.....each missile will cost around 7 crore
IA is going to place more orders and I think they will be used for armoured column protection also because MANPADS will be ineffective against gunships with 10 km missile range And 7crore is nothing compared to a 150 crore gunships
have you ever played chess?

if you have then you would know there is always someone protecting the other. in todays warfare satellites pin point enemy targets then drones are used as decoys heli's and fighter aircraft strike with pin point accuracy using smart weapons. So it is not so easy to say that 150 crore thing can be downed by 7 crore missle.

IA has ordered 2 Akash batteries consisting of around 2000 missiles.....each missile will cost around 7 crore

Do you even know how many launchers are there in a battery? like seriously...

Its like im talkin to a teenager/fanboy.

please do read
Akash (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you China for WZ10. I personally believe China wants WZ10 to be battle tested & Pakistan is the place where WZ10 limits will be tested. I still hope Pakistan goes for MI28 as MI28 is a heavy weight attack helicopter.
Different type of copters in arsenal will just cause logistic nightmare to you. You have to pay much more than expected for battle readiness. What should be done is to better proceeding to receive more from China.

In terms of performance, I had prepared a comparison list a while ago which put best NATO copters on table. According to those figures, T129 provides more or less an AH-1Z capabilities.

t-129atak-2.jpg
problem is USA, it will not allow pakistan to get the system so easily, if it does, it will restrict the sale at times of need. engine is the issue.
USA is not allowing the sale of cobra already. india has very strong lobbying in USA

problem is USA, it will not allow pakistan to get the system so easily, if it does, it will restrict the sale at times of need. engine is the issue.
USA is not allowing the sale of cobra already. india has very strong lobbying in USA
Sir,
what I have read is AH-1F old ones were offered to Pakistan for 200 mil, where as the AH-1Z will be available some time in 2015 when the deliveries to US armed forces are complete.

There was also some news regarding sale of engines for ATAK-T129 for a third country and also a possibility that the Canadian engine manufacturer can re-export. Still it is not clear if this news is in regards to Pakistan or some other country.

Sikorsky Turkey is also trying to do some deals with Pakistan but at what stage they are is not known.

Sir,
what I have read is AH-1F old ones were offered to Pakistan for 200 mil, where as the AH-1Z will be available some time in 2015 when the deliveries to US armed forces are complete.

There was also some news regarding sale of engines for ATAK-T129 for a third country and also a possibility that the Canadian engine manufacturer can re-export. Still it is not clear if this news is in regards to Pakistan or some other country.

Sikorsky Turkey is also trying to do some deals with Pakistan but at what stage they are is not known.
AH-1Z deal is not a done deal, there is very strong opposition from india.

I have my doubts. Attack helos are mucho dinero, so it's unlikely China will simply "give" it away.

I am already aware of that. Pakistan should stop thinking about US weapons, Russia is the best choice for PD & second is China.

Guys what is going on here ?o_O How can 3 helicopters stir such emotions on all sides ? Pakistan needs the helicopters and China needs combat data to improve future designs. The helicopters for the data no more no less. For those looking for ulterior motives for this "gift" there it is.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom