What's new

CHINA PROVIDED Z10 HELICOPTER TO PAKISTAN

Is it really that surprizing, i mean its no secret Pakistan and China have very good relationship. I think however they should leave the Cobras in service, insted of passing them out they should get an overhaul and upgrade. They can still be extremely effective against insurgents and terrorists, they are very cheap to maintain also.

Is it really that surprizing, i mean its no secret Pakistan and China have very good relationship. I think however they should leave the Cobras in service, insted of passing them out they should get an overhaul and upgrade. They can still be extremely effective against insurgents and terrorists, they are very cheap to maintain also.

Spare part from US is the main problem. The reason why Pakistan is moving away from Western or even Turkey T-129 is the same old problem of possible sanction from the west.

Spare part from US is the main problem. The reason why Pakistan is moving away from Western or even Turkey T-129 is the same old problem of possible sanction from the west.

I dont think its that hard building spare parts for a platform that old. Hell if Iran can do it, i dont see any reason why Pakistan, China and Turkey cant. I can understand the choosing the WZ-10 over Turkish T-129 (As stated) but i dont see any reason to pass out these Cobras since they can be very cost-effective and cheap to maintain. I dont think overhauling and Upgrading them is that hard and costly, Turkey's TAI and Aselsan has done it before for Testing Purposes.

I dont think its that hard building spare parts for a platform that old. Hell if Iran can do it, i dont see any reason why Pakistan, China and Turkey cant. I can understand the choosing the WZ-10 over Turkish T-129 (As stated) but i dont see any reason to pass out these Cobras since they can be very cost-effective and cheap to maintain. I dont think overhauling and Upgrading them is that hard and costly, Turkey's TAI and Aselsan has done it before for Testing Purposes.
surprisingly it is very much pain stacking to get even spares or any upgrades. everything has to be approved.
it will be next to impossible in any situation with the west or india

surprisingly it is very much pain stacking to get even spares or any upgrades. everything has to be approved.
it will be next to impossible in any situation with the west or india

T129 Atak uses CTS-8004A engine which is known as main engine of famous USA Commance copters. It is one of the most reliable and proven engine which is also used on many European platforms. TAI received contact to produce 51 T129 Atak + 40 option but;
TEI is producing 300 CTS-8004A engine for Turkey's requirements. The production of power turbine blocks are inside of TEI's responsibility. The spare parts + Maintenance is also inside of seperate engine deal. Such steps are done to block a likely blockage in future.

Last edited:
So is Pakistan really provided with a Z-10 or was it a false rumour to stroke some egos here? Any pictures?

So is Pakistan really provided with a Z-10 or was it a false rumour to stroke some egos here? Any pictures?

that's exactly what i was thinking, there is no other news sources as well

so it all comes down to "Pictures, or it didn't happen"

T129 Atak uses CTS-8004A engine which is known as main engine of famous USA Commance copters. It is one of the most reliable and proven engine which is also used on many European platforms. TAI received contact to produce 51 T129 Atak + 40 option but;
TEI is producing 300 CTS-8004A engine for Turkey's requirements. The production of power turbine blocks are inside of TEI's responsibility. The spare parts + Maintenance is also inside of seperate engine deal. Such steps are done to block a likely blockage in future.

People are oversimplify of the so called TOT from US and western. Turkey has been building the F110 engine for years for their F-16 but do they still able to produce an independent F110 class engine?

The TOT does not mean 100% let you know how. Like some critical parts of blade will still be import. Same as CTS-8004A engine. That is how hold ransom over their allies.

If news is genuine as it is pak media, the helos are going to be evaluated by army in actual battle conditions before army places a firm order. China is desperate for export orders for the Z10 and they just may have superceded the slow acting Russians.

It's Empty weight is 5580 and Max TO weight is 7000 which make it with 1420 payload :/ can some knowledgeable person explain this please. AH64 can carry 5000+ Kg where as AH-1Z can carry around 3000 Kg.

China is desperate for export orders for the Z10 and they just may have superceded the slow acting Russians.
I dont know why a lot of Pakistani members think that China is desperate for export or for some reason China cannot test it within their territory? Its absurd to think that any country will hand over their important strategic weapon system to another country for testing and evaluation or for promotion. Please keep in mind that at this moment China itself is in the process of equipping and raising new sqds of Z10 units. Z10 is already tested, evaluated and approved for induction in Chinese forces. They do not need our stamp to confirm this.

On the contrary its Pakistan which is desperate and in need of attack choppers to replace the ageing Cobras. Plus from logistics, customization and sanctions point of view Z10 is the BEST chopper we could buy. This does not mean that T129 or other options are inferior. It just means that Z10 MEETS our requirements adequately and has the best chance of getting latest upgrades (when ever available) without any chance of sanctions.

millitary assistance from china will increase if they really are serious about the pak china corridor

I dont know why a lot of Pakistani members think that China is desperate for export or for some reason China cannot test it within their territory? Its absurd to think that any country will hand over their important strategic weapon system to another country for testing and evaluation or for promotion. Please keep in mind that at this moment China itself is in the process of equipping and raising new sqds of Z10 units. Z10 is already tested, evaluated and approved for induction in Chinese forces. They do not need our stamp to confirm this.

On the contrary its Pakistan which is desperate and in need of attack choppers to replace the ageing Cobras. Plus from logistics, customization and sanctions point of view Z10 is the BEST chopper we could buy. This does not mean that T129 or other options are inferior. It just means that Z10 MEETS our requirements adequately and has the best chance of getting latest upgrades (when ever available) without any chance of sanctions.

You are correct Z-10 has gone through testing and evaluation by Chinese forces and hence they started producing it on industrial pace. Z-10 are going to inducted in large numbers but one has to realise that exports are also very important. Other countries have different environment and mission objectives, so they have to evaluate and test all the parameters accordingly.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom