What's new

China plans to sell Pak an aircraft carrier and integrate it militarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani navy has 20,000 plus personnel. the aircraft carrier requires at most 5000 personnel.
the article is BS. I see a world without aircraft carriers.
For keeping an AC you need to spend money equivalent to a province...

For keeping an AC you need to spend money equivalent to a province...
I should have rephrased "I see a world without aircraft carriers for all the 2nd tier powers"

No even Pakistan Navy shows minimum requirement as 20 ships dude I live in reality which you are trying to ignore

Minimum requirement has indeed increased with CPEC. 20 surface ships of varying types sound sensible, not figuring in the cost of operations and maintenance.

The news is just preposterous.

1. Pakistan does not have the capacity to operate an AC. Factor in the aircraft for it & it gets even more problematic. Not to forget the AC battlegroup, which would require diversion of naval assets that could be more handy and efficient elsewhere during a conflict period.

2. China will not sell or lease its AC. Presently only Type 001 Liaoning is operational. Type 001A is complete but in early trials & operations phase. Still some time to go for Type 002 & Type 003. To say that PLAN will handover it's only operational AC (Liaoning) is criminal to think of. PLAN needs every asset on its Asia-Pacific front & has shown no interest of major deployments in the 'Sindhi Samand' or 'Sindhu Sagar' aka the Arabian Sea & the Indian Ocean. For that China prefers to enable Pakistan Navy (PN), but only to a capacity which PN can handle in order to secure CPEC. Nothing more nothing less. AC would be an 'overkill.'

This is usual Indian military, bureaucratic, and think-tank chauvinism to ensnare Indian government & public into exceeding to their parochial interests & demands.

Last edited:
No chance, not needed.

But let's have a bit of speculation bit of fun, and my personal predictions based on what I know.

1. Follow up order for 054A or next class boat, 4 to 8 possible, depending on finances.

2. More missile craft, OPV's, Corvette class vessels.

3. More subs, after current program is completed.

4. Limited destroyer programme, for fleet AAW.

5. Nuclear powered HK subs.

6. Formulated and calibrated 2nd and 3rd strike capability.

was this thread about Aircraft Carrier China PN or a slug match between ????

No chance, not needed.

But let's have a bit of speculation bit of fun, and my personal predictions based on what I know.

1. Follow up order for 054A or next class boat, 4 to 8 possible, depending on finances.

2. More missile craft, OPV's, Corvette class vessels.

3. More subs, after current program is completed.

4. Limited destroyer programme, for fleet AAW.

5. Nuclear powered HK subs.

6. Formulated and calibrated 2nd and 3rd strike capability.

Hi,

On top of the list should be sub kiloton nuc tipped torpedo---the ultimate weapon---.

Last edited:
I like the idea though. China should help Pakistan get militarily very strong which will make sure it have a strong ally in IOR against any indian black mailing.
China will make you strong...so you can be a good "hammer" when the time calls for it. Just like China helps you economically.....so you can be a good "paymaster" (aka phattened up consumer market)for feeding her economy.
China owns 60% of Pakistans stock exchange, so It makes sense that China integrate Pakistan politically and militarily.

Pakistani navy has 20,000 plus personnel. the aircraft carrier requires at most 5000 personnel.
the article is BS. I see a world without aircraft carriers.

While my comment was tongue and cheek, it is close to the truth. I stated that the Aircraft Carrier would require more personnel than PN has sailors (not quite the same as personnel). If you look into ALL the ships that PN currently operates from Frigates and Subs, to mine hunters, missile boats and replenshiment tankers, the total sum of the complements is in the 3000 to at most, 3500 personnel range. Go ahead and go to wikipedia to check the complement of each vessel and add them up. I added an additional 500 (to get to 3500) just to square with vessel that didnt have wikipedia pages (but I think it would be a gross over-estimate), and it is barely more than the complement of the Liaoning which is 2,626. That is the dramatic increase in personnel needed just to operate this one vessel, that too one that PN doesnt have the means to actually protect (not enough true frigates and no destroyers to speak of, even after 2030)

china will operate it on behalf of pakistan ,so that it can have an eye on arabian sea.later china can recieve expenses incurred on this ship.

Handing over to china? I don't think it is good idea...

So says the fake Muslim who also happens to belong to a slave race to indian hindus............:lol:

Let's not give judgements on how much of a Muslim some one is, specially when you yourself might be far from being what make a Muslim a Muslime.

This seems like an incredibly stupid idea. The Pakistani navy does not have the neccesary vessels and firepower to protect such an important asset, this certainly wont chance around 2020 or even many years after considering the budget limitations.

An aircraft carrier without proper surface fleet will be a sitting duck, until Pakistan navy aquire 8 type 54 frigates and 2 heavy destroyers along with all those subs which are on order , an A/C will be useless.

Yeah thats true and after that Pakistan Navy have plans for inducting Star destroyers.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom