What's new

China plans to sell Pak an aircraft carrier and integrate it militarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan does not have enough Ships in inventory to defend a Aircraft carrier
Carrier defence , requires 5-7 Units (Frigates , Anti Submarine Units , Submarines)

Also the planes in our inventory do not have ability for short takeoff and landing
Aircraft carriers require specific planes with characteristics for power (take off) and then landing to safely land in permitted distance on Carrier

If we had may be 30 Frigate strong Navy, sure I would have believed the argument we can set aside 6-7 ships/submarines assigned duty for patrol and protect

At present I think we are better off to get 4 more Frigates from China (Type053)/Type054

Last edited:
china-plans-to-sell-pakistan-an-aircraft-carrier.jpg

China plans to sell Pakistan an aircraft carrier

Leave a reply
An official media report separately disclosed that China has planned to carry out a “large-scale upgrade” of China’s first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, and “sell it to Pakistan to compete with India”! It described Pakistan “as the best destination for it” and said that by then the Liaoning, which was commissioned into the PLAN in September 2012, will have served the Chinese Navy for about 18 years. Gwadar and Karachi are already described by Chinese Navy strategists as a “logistics base” and “PLA Navy (PLAN) base” respectively.

China’s aircraft carrier Liaoning

PLA Navy (PLAN) strategists are also emphasising the need for carrier battle formations in the East and South China Seas and have said that at least five to six aircraft carriers are required to meet operational needs. There are now clear indications that China has decided to build five aircraft carriers and launch them by 2025-2030. Two of them will be nuclear-powered. Whether a sixth aircraft carrier will be built is still uncertain but, meanwhile, some strategists are pointing to the huge expense of operating a single aircraft carrier.

China’s aircraft carrier Liaoning

China plans to operate five aircraft carriers in the near future, including two nuclear-powered ones that would be launched around 2025 to meet the evolving strategic shifts , according to Chinese military experts. A late entrant into aircraft carrier led naval battleship formations, China launched its first aircraft carrier ‘Liaoning’ in 2012, which was a refit of the former Soviet vessel bought from Ukraine. Subsequently, China launched its domestically-built second aircraft carrier and commissioned it for sea trials last year. The yet to be named ship is expected to be put into service by 2020. The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy will have five aircraft carriers in the near future, country’s official media reported, adding that China’s third aircraft carrier is currently being built in Shanghai.

https://militaryleak.com/2019/02/03/china-plans-to-sell-pakistan-an-aircraft-carrier/

Hi,

The 8 submarine contract popped out of nowhere---. And then came the big surprise---a contract for possibly 4 Type 054's--.

So---there is some truth to the news---.

Oil search / find in the ocean---. The find will further change the scenario---from 4 Type 054's---it may go to 8 Type 054's---.

Then---could a small jump ramp A/C carrier happen---absolutely---. And this change is miniscule to what else is happening with china and other powers in another region---.

Both china and pakistan got caught napping at their guard posts---they are just trying to catch up---. China more so---pakistan---not as much---.

Hi,

The 8 submarine contract popped out of nowhere---. And then came the big surprise---a contract for possibly 4 Type 054's--.

So---there is some truth to the news---.

Oil search / find in the ocean---. The find will further change the scenario---from 4 Type 054's---it may go to 8 Type 054's---.

Then---could a small jump ramp A/C carrier happen---absolutely---. And this change is miniscule to what else is happening with china and other powers in another region---.

Both china and pakistan got caught napping at their guard posts---they are just trying to catch up---. China more so---pakistan---not as much---.
I think the specific example given -- i.e., Liaoning -- is a stretch as it's currently an essential part of the PLAN, but I do think the Chinese will try marketing an aircraft carrier design when it's doable. But the Europeans tried it a few decades ago and, despite limited sales to Thailand, Argentina and Brazil, it's a tough sell due to the maintenance and operational costs involved.

I really doubt the speculations

• Sure we are getting 8 Submarines from China but also our old Submarines are from 1990's so some modernization is happening
8 Submarines arriving -> 2-3 Submarines reaching their Retirement Age​

• Sure we finally got 4 Type054 Ordered, but we still don't have strong 10-15 ship fleet of such ship these are first in a very long time. The British ships we had are actually quite old
4 Type 054 ships arriving -> 2-3 British Frigates approaching their end of life
The 1 OHP we had was also not well armed as well
  • With Arrival of Corvettes , we are about to induct 4-6 Such ships , when the number really should have been up to 20 , so we have long way to go, this is a new Experience for Pakistan Navy , these ships certainly can't protect a Carrier
China needs the Aircraft Carriers for South China , I think we will most likely get more
traditional Ships (F22P or Type 054)

The financial burden on Economy does not permits us to Expand the Navy fleet till 2025 from the look of things

The orders for Submarine/ Type054 and Corvettes will keep us active till 2025 and no real major addition is expected , at least I don't expect anything new to be added in Navy till 2025 based on economic data I am seeing for Pakistan

We might , and I say Might see the Istambol Frigate from Turkey come to Pakistan 2 Ships or so

Last edited:
Imran Khan knows the priorities the best.

He will not sign for that.

But if Chine sells, Pakistan may get it at easy rate and terms.

Won't be surprise.

I heard in past cost to run the Carrier for 1 year is about 1 Billion Dollars that is a huge sum of money, from Economic stand point the 1 Billion Dollar expense to operate a Carrier does not fits in plans

If Economy Permits
We can add Istambol Frigates from Turkey (2 Ships) , possible depends on economy
We can may be add 1 more Type 054 from China , possible depends on economy

Existing Plan (Sufficient till 2025)
8 Submarines
4 Heavy Frigates from China
2-4 Corvettes from Turkey
2-3 OPV from Europe

And this would be enough

Last edited:
I heard in past cost to run the Carrier for 1 year is about 1 Billion Dollars that is a huge sum of money, from Economic stand point the 1 Billion Dollar expense to operate a Carrier does not fits in plans

We can add Istambol Frigates from Turkey (2 Ships) , possible
We can may be add 1 more Type 054 from China , possible

And this would be enough
You can add 1 Type 055 DDG, which costs 0.9 billion dollars.

:p:

Hi,

For china---there is too much at stake ( south china seas )---so everything is possible---.

China is not going to leave its only feasible flank weak at any cost---.

Then oil find in pakistan's offshore drilling would bring about more security chalenges---.

Readers must remember---there was nothing happening for pak navy---till the indian submarine surfaced close to pakistan's ocean boundary---and then things changed---.

@LKJ86

Yes 1-2 Type 055 DDG ships would be welcomed but all depends on Economy , the present focus is really on economy now.

The existing weapons we have are more then sufficient to prevent any misadventure

Having 2 Type055 DDG permanently stationed around Gawadar area would be a great deterrent

Last edited:
Lol...

Even indian higher up officials are unsophisticated cow urine drinkers who write idiotic gibberish on urine high :lol:

Other than US, literally no country has any meaningful power projection capabilities for a long, hard-fought sustained conflicted thousands of miles away from the mainland. Having one or two ACCs is pretty “local” and even then, Pak has zero use of an ACC bc our primary enemy is next door and totally contained within meaningless ganga plains with no strategic geopolitical leverage.

20 are minimum soon you would have Indian Navy with around 80 to 88 Frigates and Destroyers and Corvettes which means Pakistan at least need one third of Frigates and Destroyers to counter that other wise say good bye to your survival. But as you lack basic common sense I expected crap reply from you
And how we maintain those destroyers use the commonsense if you have, 7-8 is enough for PN, PN had different strategy than you thought, PN relying on supersonic/subsonic anti ship missiles from air/land/surface/subsurface to deny IN in Arabian sea ever heard saturation attacks HARZAT @Zarvan ;):enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom