What's new

China Plane Crashes With 132 On Board; No Sign Of Survivors, Says Report

You shouldn't feel sorry, he's an Idiot Indeed, he was laughing at op and many other ones .... Can't be a mistake or fat fingers multiple times.

To give the benefit of doubt to @unrequitted_love_suzy, she must have been confused by the emoji which has tears and an open mouth which can in total look like a crying face. But she should have hovered the mouse on the emoji which would have popped up a text saying "Haha".

It is very difficult for modern commercial jet to lost all power even if 2 engine stall. Modern jet has a wind turbine for emergency use as it glide a while if it 2 engine stall during cruise.

1647940916641.png

1647940941626.png

You do not have to. No one does. The point is to indict obliquely.
Your assumption is based upon your attitude.

I need no lecture from anyone here on being concise about complex issues that the ignorant here love to bloviate their hearts out. I have explained complex technical subjects about aviation without using a single math equation and managed using analogies that lay people can understand. Most of the time, I received hostile reactions, about 9 out of 10 instances. That tells me what I need to know about the mentality of most people here, that they participate more to be hostile than to learn, and usually, the paragraphs that you sneered at are, to be blunt about it, the most dumb-ed down versions I can think up. Just one level up and you will need to enroll in a class.
No one preaching to you but just put up the fact that user-friendly interfaces/systems are more popular than complex systems and the world is transforming to such systems based upon availability. Just search about the rule of 'KISS', may it give you some vision.

For example, I used to teach Aircraft Battle Damage Repair (ABDR) when I was on the F-111. Depending on the damages to its flight controls system, I can make a jet fly again using a broomstick and alum from a six-pack of soda, and I explained how in this forum yrs ago. See if you can find it. You think it is easy to come up with an explanation for interested lay people without using any paragraphs? If you want Hawkings to be concise about physics, he would say "Physics works, so STFU.", but if you want the lay versions of what he knows, be ready to put up with a lot of paragraphs.
No argument on it as it is your personal experience. We are not discussing here the chemistry/physics/math or Hawkings. Just a simple fact that human psychology usually tends to adopt a simple and easy way if available, for a certain operation. Manufacturers are striving for such systems.

Five-nines of the people here are intellectually lazy, and I say that kindly. Too angry to do anything else but vent their spleens at US whenever there is a chance. Despite the wonderful invention call the 'internet' they will not even take some time to use the keywords search to verify if what I say is true. Why? Because they are terrified of having their beliefs even in doubts, let alone proved wrong. The horror of it.
You are just taking a simple sentence that could be understandable at the surface of the earth to the height of Mars or maybe Sun. Your style is the same as USA government to be dominant even they are totally wrong.
My friend, things are changing a lot, you have to synchronize with time and the world.

DOS to Windows is not possible unless there was a accommodating change in technology. Let us not get too much in-depth here, lest we end up with paragraphs. :rolleyes:
Here you again miserably failed to understand to grasp the concept for which the example was given.
Could you able to comprehend, why the computer, though in itself they are complex, for end-user they are way simpler, introduced in cockpits? Think of all calculations a crew has to do it themselves, and you trying to blow it out of proportion.

Comparing across commercial aircraft models, Boeing crash and fatality rate is horrible. Airbus is much better.

So much for those MBAs who think they are more talented than engineers.

The day C919 and C929 roll out, Boeing will be dead meat. Anything will be safer than Boeing.

1647951611172.png

Comparing across commercial aircraft models, Boeing crash and fatality rate is horrible. Airbus is much better.

So much for those MBAs who think they are more talented than engineers.

The day C919 and C929 roll out, Boeing will be dead meat. Anything will be safer than Boeing.

View attachment 826217

Please share your source.

Never in history have 2 aircraft of the same type crashed in such proximity of time. Statistical (im)probability is on your side. I would suggest take this flight without stress.
Yeah i am betting on it 😄
We would be fortunate if they find the FDR by next week. But let us say they find the flight data recorder (FDR) and the cockpit voice recorder (CVR) tomorrow.

Both devices cannot just simply be opened. The inspectors have to take note of any external physical damages before they can formulate a plan on how to open them. If there are external physical damages, simply opening the case could damage the internal recording components possibly losing the data. Even though today's technology that the data are on non-volatile FLASH modules, they will not take chances and simply take screwdrivers and wrenches to the devices. If the internal components are displaced because of the severity of the crash, the inspectors want to preserve whatever physical conditions there are before they can do any data extraction. Who found the devices and how were they transported off the crash site? Any dirt, water, or insects? If burnt, how severe?

So either take the flight or cancel. But unlikely we will get any technical update from the devices.
Ill just take the flight, considering the 800 series safety record so far. Other flights are A320’s the connecting is 737 short flight 2 hours so should fe fine i guess

So why are hundreds of US pilots STILL flies the Max?
Not just the US, pretty much across the world. May the victims rest in peace.

So, you think the 737 Max in USA hasn't crashed yet, and it crashed few times around the world when the airplanes are new should tell that 737 Max is a good product ? It's all the fault of pilots in other countries ? I think the world should forget about Boeing airplanes all together !
The B737 Max flaws have been worked on and the aircraft has been recertified. I was involved in B737 Max project post MCAS update, the FAA left nothing to chance during their evaluations.

You can pull out 737-800 casualties record. This is a very safe aircraft and perpendicular nose dive at cruise is only one case - the one we see now. Not to mention China has world BEST aviation safety.

View attachment 826151
You might be right about the statement regarding China's safety record, but having worked with CAAC in the past, we were shocked by the carelessness and unprofessionalism at times. Many I know in the industry have reflected on this, and recently some PAF and Pak Army Aviation guys said the same.

Last edited:
What about sudden power lost? Will it cause a nose dive like that?

i don't think, total catastrophic failure of control surfaces can be the cause but don't think power can cause that, even with complete power loss a plane can glide for miles (depends on altitude and speed at which the power was lost)

Back
Top Bottom