What's new

China & Pakistan kick off "Sea Guardians-2020" naval drill from Karachi.

No offence taken, but to clear up some mis-perception, here is a graphic data of average heights of people in each country. (watching too much Hong Kong movies can give you a wrong perception of average height of Chinese).
View attachment 598270

what about Pakistan. i was the shortest in my class with 178cm as a punjabi.

Only 1 Chinese warship participated in that exercise, and there are 4 ones in Pakistan now.
The news report said there are five PLAN ships, I suspect the missing 5th ship is a submarine since the joint exercise involved PC-3 Orion and anti-submarine drill.

Also the participation of a submarine rescue ship indicated a submarine is involved in the exercise, and a drill on rescue sailors from submarine at the sea bed.

Last edited:
Destroyers ko chalanay kay liya oil bhi hai??
etny ghareeb bhe ni hain jitna hm ny shor dl ho hy. agr 8 new Subs aur 4 type 54 k order kr skty hian to in ko operate krna mushkil ni ho ga. hamin China ko Naval base ke liy jaga deni chaiy un ki indian ocean mian presence se hm pe load km ho jay ga aur Gawadar bhe protect ho jay ga. Bhutto wali bt pe ab dobara amal krna chaiy. ghass kha lian gy but Item Bomb zaroor banian gy. ab hm ko apni Forces pe ziada invest krna chaiy halaat ziada kharab ho rhy hain aur Pakistan hr trf se ghir chukaa hy.

etny ghareeb bhe ni hain jitna hm ny shor dl ho hy. agr 8 new Subs aur 4 type 54 k order kr skty hian to in ko operate krna mushkil ni ho ga. hamin China ko Naval base ke liy jaga deni chaiy un ki indian ocean mian presence se hm pe load km ho jay ga aur Gawadar bhe protect ho jay ga. Bhutto wali bt pe ab dobara amal krna chaiy. ghass kha lian gy but Item Bomb zaroor banian gy. ab hm ko apni Forces pe ziada invest krna chaiy halaat ziada kharab ho rhy hain aur Pakistan hr trf se ghir chukaa hy.
Destroyers are too valuable and would need supporting vessels. We have only 4 feigates which are old and 8 more coming by 2025. First increase the number of frigates to atleast 12-14 then we should think about destroyers.

Destroyers are too valuable and would need supporting vessels. We have only 4 feigates which are old and 8 more coming by 2025. First increase the number of frigates to atleast 12-14 then we should think about destroyers.
PN Labels Type 21 as a destroyer

KARACHI: The sixth Pak-China joint Naval exercise, Sea Guardians 2020, commenced at Karachi, the Pakistan Navy said in a statement.

The spokesman for Navy said the opening ceremony of sixth bilateral exercise Sea Guardians-2020 between Pakistan Navy and PLA (Navy), was held at Pakistan Navy Dockyard, Karachi. The Deputy Commander of Southern Theatre Command PLA, Vice Admiral Dong Jun was the chief guest. The Commander Pakistan Fleet, Vice Admiral Asif Khaliq was also present at the occasion.

Vice Admiral Asif Khaliq welcomed the Chinese officers and personnel and alluded to the evergreen, warm and eternally cordial relations between the two countries in general and navies in particular. While highlighting the immaculate and sound planning for the exercise, the Admiral hoped that this exercise will prove to be another stepping stone in augmenting the interoperability and strategic cooperation between both the navies. Earlier, the Deputy Commander of Southern Theatre Command PLA, Vice Admiral Dong Jun thanked Pakistan Navy for hosting Exercise Sea Guardians and hoped to have a mutually benefiting and professionally rewarding experience from the exercise.

The Chinese flotilla comprising naval platforms along with PLA (Navy) Marines Corps Detachment, arrived at Karachi to participate in the exercise. During the exercise, front line destroyers and frigates along with air and other assets, Marines and Special Forces from Pakistan Navy and PLA (Navy) will carry out advance level joint drills and naval maneuvers in North Arabian Sea. In addition, during harbour phase, various professional and social activities will also be conducted. The activities of the exercise will also be witnessed by senior officials from both the navies.

The Exercise Sea Guardians-2020 is aimed at sharing professional experiences on contemporary and non-traditional threats at sea, improve security cooperation and promote safe and sustainable maritime environment in the region It is a reflection of strong bilateral military cooperation between Pakistan Navy and Chinese Navy and will foster greater bilateral cooperation between the two navies. The ceremony was attended by a large number of military officials from both the navies.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/59...KL3RQ_x5eaJDYYMLJVVGzjZfKQvTidE5-xKHO5gH6JFc8

微信图片_20200109012448.jpg
微信图片_20200109012504.jpg
微信图片_20200109012454.jpg
微信图片_20200109012458.jpg
微信图片_20200109012435.jpg
微信图片_20200109012306.jpg
微信图片_20200109012258.jpg
微信图片_20200109012319.jpg
微信图片_20200109012533.jpg
微信图片_20200109012537.jpg

Why is our navy mostly southerners? I dont see alot of northerners or north westerners. And before someone says "blah blah how do you know" well you can clearly tell by the facial structures and skin tones.

Why is our navy mostly southerners? I dont see alot of northerners or north westerners. And before someone says "blah blah how do you know" well you can clearly tell by the facial structures and skin tones.

Depends. Do you want to live at Sea, karachi or near sea bases for the rest of your working life?

However, there are pakhtoons in navy too.

I knew a naval officer who went to fixed wing instead of rotary as he did not want to spend that much time apart from land. He is a pakhtoon.

Had great stories from different port calls especially of morocco.

I am also a pakhtoon. A relative of mine was in the navy (although not as an officer).

Another cousin of mine recently joined the navy as well (although not as an officer).

Back
Top Bottom