What's new

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: PM approves over $38bn projects

The stock market is rising as the haven for black money, that is all. The one thing is the improved exchange rate, which will succumb to the underlying imbalances of imports exceeding exports, sooner or later. All the rest is shell games. The power sector continues to be a disaster, and the other basic weakness of law and order, security and social development all remain abysmal. Anything else you wish to add?

Ok man, here's the deal. You can ONLY discuss with someone who has an open mind to listen or understand that something may be different in reality from his own perspective. You just want to criticize the government due to your personal political affiliation I take it? Then, no common sense will make sense and al negative stuff will come out. In which case, no need to further add anything here. SO with all the negativity, what's your point? Here's what I am getting, Pakistan is a f'd up place and a disaster. So what you are saying is the Americans knew two decades ago.....so what's the solution? Break Pakistan down into multiple pieces? Your party gets one, the other guys gets another one and the other guy gets the rest. Way to go???

PML-N history fart big and do nothing.... They are very good in creating hype.... Election win on metro bus no where in world govt won election by running buses and that also on one road.....

This Gaddni based coal plant will be run through import of coal extracted by China from Africa... I have seen those big ships when I used to go at seaport... When i asked from the guys about coal they said it's chines coal from Africa...

PML-N history fart big and do nothing.... They are very good in creating hype.... Election win on metro bus no where in world govt won election by running buses and that also on one road.....

This Gaddni based coal plant will be run through import of coal extracted by China from Africa... I have seen those big ships when I used to go at seaport... When i asked from the guys about coal they said it's chines coal from Africa...

Pakistan barely have started extracting Thar coal, so in short terms basis imported coal is needed. Anyway from OP list this is also included.

3.5MT/A coal mining project Thar Block-II SECMC $800 million. So 3.5 million tons a year, there is another project of 6.5 million tons a years as well from Thar.

Ok man, here's the deal. You can ONLY discuss with someone who has an open mind to listen or understand that something may be different in reality from his own perspective. You just want to criticize the government due to your personal political affiliation I take it? Then, no common sense will make sense and al negative stuff will come out. In which case, no need to further add anything here. SO with all the negativity, what's your point? Here's what I am getting, Pakistan is a f'd up place and a disaster. So what you are saying is the Americans knew two decades ago.....so what's the solution? Break Pakistan down into multiple pieces? Your party gets one, the other guys gets another one and the other guy gets the rest. Way to go???

Pakistan's breaking up will serve no one well, so it is an outcome to be avoided. The better option would be to get all these idiots called politicians to get along with each other and get the election cycle going on a regular basis without military intervention.

PS: I have no personal political affiliations.

Last edited:
uuuuuffffffffffff Projects Announced Projects Announced Projects Announced Projects Announced .

HMmmm But sadly Work is So slow on These Projects I wish To be be Alive to see these Projects Get Completed.:(

Anyway:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::china::china::china: Allah Bless You CHINA At lest you are trying your Best from your Side @Chinese-Dragon

I am only interested in the completion dates. What are they for any of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's announced / approved big projects so far?

Pakistan's breaking up will serve no one well, so it is an outcome to be avoided. The better option would be to get all these idiots called politicians to get along with each other and get the election cycle going on a regular basis without military intervention.
PS: I have no personal political affiliations.

Ok, I am glad to see someone here is without personal bias. Remember, political leaders can never sing one anthem (unless its their national anthem). This is applicable everywhere in the world. You can see it in the US too. Some hate Oabamcare and some support it. The haters or the lovers, don't provide true facts but just high level reasons why they hate or support it.
Same will be the case for your politicians. What you need is people that regardless of their political agendas do ACTUAL work to take the country forward. I believe, based on evidence and numbers and successes so far that plenty is being done. This intolerance in the Pakistani society should end that if it is not my way, its allowed to be violent to get my ways, or a military coupe of violent protests or bloodshed.....educated, democratic and liberal societies don't do that. They let an elected government finish their term and use the voting power to bring about political and governmental change. Otherwise, its intolerance and barbaric. Military generals know how to fire guns. Not how to do trade, create jobs, grow the economy or resolve your nation's issues with others by dialogue!!! Let the expert do what they are best to do. Civilian government is the best body to run the country, let them run the country and grow it. Hold them accountable when they finish their term as they are responsible and accountable to the People. The military and everything else is just an institution supporting the democratic government and defending the country. That's all its role should be..
People should learn from India on this. No matter how dirty the politics get, the civilian government rules. That's why they are getting so ahead in everything too

Ok, I am glad to see someone here is without personal bias. Remember, political leaders can never sing one anthem (unless its their national anthem). This is applicable everywhere in the world. You can see it in the US too. Some hate Oabamcare and some support it. The haters or the lovers, don't provide true facts but just high level reasons why they hate or support it.
Same will be the case for your politicians. What you need is people that regardless of their political agendas do ACTUAL work to take the country forward. I believe, based on evidence and numbers and successes so far that plenty is being done. This intolerance in the Pakistani society should end that if it is not my way, its allowed to be violent to get my ways, or a military coupe of violent protests or bloodshed.....educated, democratic and liberal societies don't do that. They let an elected government finish their term and use the voting power to bring about political and governmental change. Otherwise, its intolerance and barbaric. Military generals know how to fire guns. Not how to do trade, create jobs, grow the economy or resolve your nation's issues with others by dialogue!!! Let the expert do what they are best to do. Civilian government is the best body to run the country, let them run the country and grow it. Hold them accountable when they finish their term as they are responsible and accountable to the People. The military and everything else is just an institution supporting the democratic government and defending the country. That's all its role should be..
People should learn from India on this. No matter how dirty the politics get, the civilian government rules. That's why they are getting so ahead in everything too

no need to debate with vcheng. if i start discussing in his manner then the debate will be endless, i mean i can start criticizing the great America for having a far worse child mortality rate, homeless rates,death from cold and hunger than any developed euro country especially for the blacks. we can start endless discussing the black oppression or keeping nelson mendalla a terrorist till 2011..every country has its positive and negatives, no doubt USA has more positives than most of the countries in world. he is a classic case of what we call "splitting defense mechanism"

Pakistani solution lies in political parties and people acting in mature way and supporting the government, what we see here tells the story, most educated people criticize PML N without any logical reason but they have to understand that patience is everything in democracy, people have vastly voted for them and now they will have to bare it out.
people wounder why india performed relatively well, the only reason is the trust of educated people in their govt, giving an over all positive image of the country, other wise looking at their fundamentals will make you wounder..(CAD,trade imbalance,debt ratio etc)..

Look at IK instead of criticizing govt of what its doing wrong its just doing point scoring, which has no other purpose than highlighting moody statement" that political volatility is the major cause for Pakistani poor rating". for example it could have protested for specific corruption in a specific organization or it should have been a protest against poor government taxation of the rich rather than election fraud.

corruption is highest in china and india but its the stability to which the investor look at....

also the reason why PPPP performed poor was their idealogical direction rather than their corruption. e.g PPPP never solved the power crisis because they didnt wanted to allow imported coal instead of thar or Dasu hydro instead of bhasha.
also they didnt wanted to upset the population with increase power tarrifs ..
had their not been electric power problem PPPP would also have delivered a growth rate around 5-6.
if you look at past history, PML N only marginally did better than PPPP and you would find PPPP performance in the past has been better in agriculture and rural development then PML N.

a better analogy will be comparing them to congress and BJP

in reality Pakistan will need both political parties (or PTI instead of PPPP) in the future to keep the rural development upto the mark along with overall national development.
in short, people need to grow tolerance and political parties should identify problems rather than point scoring.

The military and everything else is just an institution supporting the democratic government and defending the country. That's all its role should be..

"Should" be is the key word, but so far from reality. The military are the new masters with the same old colonial mentality, to put it crudely.

"Should" be is the key word, but so far from reality. The military are the new masters with the same old colonial mentality, to put it crudely.
care to back that up with any evidence,statistics, or any other source???

care to back that up with any evidence,statistics, or any other source???

I assume that you are aware of Pakistan's history and the repeated illegal adventures of its military command in the domestic political arena? :D

========================

Back on topic, any news about the much-touted oil pipeline and railway line over the Khunjerab to China in these $38 billions of worthy projects?

Last edited:
From op

''Orange Line (underground metro in Lahore) with estimated cost of $1.6 billion''

So this is already underway, more to follow.

I assume that you are aware of Pakistan's history and the repeated illegal adventures of its military command in the domestic political arena? :D
?
yes , am well aware of the history, but let history be the history and talk about the present, post 2008.
There has been a significant change in their policy, so such rants are simply uninvited

yes , am well aware of the history, but let history be the history and talk about the present, post 2008.
There has been a significant change in their policy, so such rants are simply uninvited

Statements based on evidence are not rants. :D

====================================

Back to the topic, any updates on the oil pipeline and railway line to China as part of these projects?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom