What's new

China offers military help to visiting Bangla army chief

what are you trying to prove?
I said per piece of 4th generation fighter without operating cost. 30 million each is possible as and average take.

I need to end this stupid discussion here.

And what will not?? this one billion is in addition to existing budget.

3 squadron of 4th gen fighter every year.
or 3 Frigates every year
or 3 submarines every year.

Scary aint it???

So you are pissing in your pants that India is spending 10 billion for MMRCA. They had been using this same banana for the last 10 years or so that they are buying. Thats just a "Shining India" bogus boo. Yes they will induct them in next 5 years or so that i believe. That means it took them nearly 15 years to complete that row.

18 F-16 costs 3 billion for its entire lifespan not for the purchase.

Just do the math 30 million each, and how many you can buy for 1 billion outright without the operating cost.

Is that how you run away from a discussion? Or is it some lame trolling attempt?

You mentioned MiGs in your post, that's why I gave an example of India's MiG-29K procurement.

You never mentioned JF-17. You did so only after YOU realized that you're caught off-guard with your unfounded claims. And you are assuming that JF-17s alone would 'scare' India and Myanmar? Please, have a look at the former's arsenal and future plans. And in fact, Myanmar is a candidate for the JF-17. They can get it if they want to.

The JF-17 is a low end fighter at best right now. It'll take years for it to evolve into a matured platform so as to benchmark the latest Russian and Western aircraft.

And just because it is cheap, that don't mean it is as good as the Eurofighter or even the SU-30 used by the Indians.

Going nuclear is not possible now... For all those sanctions...

Why not? Who is stopping you ? You can very well be the next Iran, showing middlefinger to 'imperialist scums'.

1.BD is surrounded by nuclear nations. China, India, USA and Burma coming up. Therefore, BD needs to think about her nuclear def options. Acquiring nuclear weapons herself? Tying up with someone for a nuclear shield?

2. BD has good scientists within the country and overseas. FYI, Pak Atomic plants, Def Science Research Organization and ISPRO(?) had major input by Bengalee scientists.

1.BD is surrounded by nuclear nations. China, India, USA and Burma coming up. Therefore, BD needs to think about her nuclear def options. Acquiring nuclear weapons herself? Tying up with someone for a nuclear shield?

2. BD has good scientists within the country and overseas. FYI, Pak Atomic plants, Def Science Research Organization and ISPRO(?) had major input by Bengalee scientists.

Didn't know Bangladesh was in North America. And Burma? you got be shittin me.:lol:

Bangladesh should spend most of her military budget on water defences instead, its the water that have killed more people in Bangladesh in last 20 years.

India's self-developed "Arjun" tanks, priced up to 800 million U.S. dollars, India is really a lot of money:AZN:

I think Bangladesh should go nuclear. That would allow it to reduce arms expenditures elsewhere and invest more in education and healthcare. Unfortunately this isn't the 80's anymore and no one can help anyone go nuclear anymore, but hopefully, with the help of Bangladesh's planned reactor, Bangladesh may achieve nuclear status by 2030.

I don't think the country was founded upon intending to go nuclear armed. As far as a nuclear power plant goes, there is apparently one going on.
Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

With Russian help.

But as far as going nuclear armed goes, I don't think it is really necessary. It certainly was no walk in the park for India and Pakistan. And that was decades ago! I certainly do not think that a nuclear armed Bangladesh would be in the interests of India, China and Russia. Let alone the Western powers.

Indeed this is an important message, China can contribute to safeguarding regional peace and stability against neighbor assertive power, the most important I think is helping BD acquire a long range earlier sea -air detections...then on second phase to offer some offensive weapons against Carrier battle group...last phase is long range artilleries to decimate enemy towns in cas that thing go nasty...than no country will dare to dictate term on Bangladesh.

30 Million ?

Eurofighter Typhoon / Dessault Rafale / F-18 / F-15 will cost 100-130 Million $

Sukhoi 30 MKI / Sukhoi 35 / MIG 35 will costs 80-100 Million $

MIG 29, jF-17, F-16 will cost some 50-60 Million $

All weapons, Avionic included

F-35 with complete weapons/expenses will cost 175+ Million $.
2 other 5th generation Fighter Jets PAK FA / FGFA and J-20 will cost not less than 125 Million $.

Now whatever India Buys, Export country will not sell same Jets to our neighbours. So, Rafale or Typhoon is out of question. Since, India/Russia has JV of Pak FA and Su MKI, so that also out of question.

I don't think USA will sell F-16,F-15,F18 to Bangladesh. for few billion $, USA will never compromise on 20 Billion $ futuristic. Also, USA only sells to her allies like Israel, Japan, SK, France, UK, Taiwan, Australia, etc.

Now, For Bangladesh, Only Options are jf-17, MIG 29 - With 1 Billion $, She can buy 1 squadron (15-16 Jets).

Normally Defence budget varies from 1.5% to 3% as per threat perspective. Let say, Bangladesh Invest 2.5 Billion per year. India spend some 1.8%-2.5% of GDP per year. 50% Money will be utilised with Military personnel, maintenance , Pension and other many small/big expenses. If Bangladesh invest 1+ Billion $ every year for 10 years. You might have 2-4 squadron of jf-17 or Mig29, 2-3 Frigates, few small warships, some short range missile, Some tanks, some helicopters, some sam, etc. On other side, After 10 years, Out of 40-45 squadron, 1 Squadron of MKI or Rafale or Typhoon or Tejas or PAK FA, 1 Destroyer can face all Bangladesh defence. So, Spending so much of money won't serve any purpose. But still, These are options which Bangladesh can think to implement if she needs.

Sound assessments. As far as a 5th generation fighter goes, and if conditions allow, the FGFA or J-2x are realistic options. But, that's a long way to go.

They are only $3.8 million

You are mistaken.
India used anti matter and were imported from Mars to build these high tech Arjuns. These are really expensive and cool stuffs. 800 million is just give away price.

Besides Bangladesh cant afford them and nobody in the world will sell those things to BD as India is our neighbour.

Didn't know Bangladesh was in North America. And Burma? you got be shittin me.:lol:

There are unconfirmed reports of Nuclear research in Burma, which was leaked by a defector. Even the state department addressed it. I guess more intel is being gathered.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

You are mistaken.
India used anti matter and were imported from Mars to build these high tech Arjuns. These are really expensive and cool stuffs. 800 million is just give away price.

Besides Bangladesh cant afford them and nobody in the world will sell those things to BD as India is our neighbour.

Too bad you guys cant make one....haha

You are mistaken.

arjun cost will be down with more units under production..dont u get this simple things??
and there are other tanks which are costly than arjun:lol:

I think Bangladesh should go for Nuke because India is expected to change the policy to "No first use of Nuke attack against Non-nuclear nation" :smokin:

By the way, India is developing the technology to stop Nuke attack. By 2014-2017 it will be completly ready. If in case, we fail to make the best ABM, We can always buy Top 3 ABM Patriot (USA), S-400/500 (Russia), Arrow-3 (Israel). Already 3 offered to India but we are in Mid phase to develop own which will be top class with very less chance of failure. :coffee:

India is going to operate some 5,000 Tanks (Arjun MK1,2, T-90, and few more). By 2020. We operating some 3,000-4,000 currently.

Read more.

Equipment of the Indian Army

This list doesn't include Air Force, Navy, Navy Air Force, Coastal force.

Indian Army is the world's second largest standing volunteer army.

I think Bangladesh should go for Nuke because India is expected to change the policy to "No first use of Nuke attack against Non-nuclear nation" :smokin:

By the way, India is developing the technology to stop Nuke attack.

I have a better idea.

Let's see. Bangladesh comes up with a nuke. But the problem is, where to test it? Bangladesh is a small and densely populated country. So, the obvious choice is the sea floor of the Bay of Bengal. Once it blows, it'll increase the sea's dept. And hence reduce water levels. And then India comes in to show who's bigger. And even a bigger nuke explosion. Increases dept even more. This keeps on going. Ah...climate change a security all in one package :D

Also, there could be minerals within the shattered rocks. And maybe oil. Free oil! Good for economic growth :tup:

Oh, and the Hilsas. There will be plenty of dead radioactive ones lying around. So, best keep catching them. Free fishes! Good for economic growth :tup: Also, the radiation will mutate us and makes us stronger! :D And then we'll see whose boss :tup: :D

Back
Top Bottom