What's new

China offers military help to visiting Bangla army chief

What worries me is that much of Bangladesh's development budget come from foreign aid from countries and organizations like WB, UK, ADB and Japan. Once the world knows we are nuclear, they'll just cut it. It'll be difficult for Bangladesh. Poor people can even die. Much needed foreign investments will die.

Theoretically speaking, if the commitment is there for a 'better', a 'stronger' and a 'powerful' Bangladesh, I am sure it can get through. That commitment has never been there. And if it ever has been, we could have done so back in the Ershad era.

We can take Israel's approach to nuclear weapons - no formal official declaration or nuclear tests. But their neighbors and the world know that they have nukes. But then, they their big daddy - the USA.

Frankly speaking, China's stick just isn't big enough for something like that at the moment. Especially in case of Bangladesh and the international consequences that can follow. Let alone the kind of relationship Islamabad has with Beijing, Dhaka just don't have that edge.

The price that Bangladesh would have to pay would be heavy. Albeit probably even more than the Liberation War itself. And of-course, there is Bharot. A nuclear armed, a strong and an independently prosperous Bangladesh is not something that they'd want (never has). Aside from the Bharot trolls here :pdf:

Also, we don't have the capability to actually launch the nuclear warheads. Thus, we don't yet possess ICBMs and cruise missiles. And, we don't have such thing as R&D in military and commercial matters. And if there is, it is very limited at the moment.

So, what to do in this kind of neighborhood? I'd say common Bangladeshis start by asserting themselves. We can think of 'bargaining chips' later. Right now, this assertion and the resulting broad consensus within the GoB just isn't there right now. And far from it. The sooner this happens, the better. And needs to be done so urgently such that we have a stronger negotiation power in Bharot.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Turkey????? :undecided:

y u bring India here. dnt be smart, its better if keep concentrate on ur work.

y u bring India here. dnt be smart, its better if keep concentrate on ur work.

In Bangla, Bharot means India.

Of-course, you know as well as I do that it'll NOT be in the interests of Bharot to see a nuclear armed Bangladesh.

Nor did I imply that Bangladesh must possess nuclear weapons as soon as possible. And actually, it is technically impossible for Bangladesh itself to even possess a nuclear power plant alone, and maintaining it for the sake of safety! Hell, even bridges collapse :rofl:

So, as far as the nuclear power plant in Rooppur is concerned (which by the way is in north west of Bangladesh). And it'll be maintained by Russian state company Rosatom. And what is this? Russia is your buddy!
Bangladesh, Russia sign deal for nuclear power plant | Reuters

And if Bangladesh still tries to develop nukes, your stealth fighters can bomb it. North west Bangladesh is not very far from India.

So, no worries my dear Bharot friend. Enjoy the show while you can :enjoy:

Turkey has allowed China to deploy nukes in their country?

Isn't Turkey a NATO country?

Isn't it that Turkey is rather miffed over the handling of the Uighyurs in China?

Or is this another figment of fevered imagination and erotic daydream?

I state so since it really does not add up and the arithmetic is extraordinary.

But then, who knows, I could be wrong.

restless1.gif

Where did i say Chinese nuke? You read post or imagine post?

Bombing nuke facilities in a geographically small country is not a problem.

It merely requires political will.

A large country's nuclear facilities too can be targeted, but not all can be destroyed since they have the space to have their facilities highly dispersed. See China's nuclear facilities.

And if everything is not destroyed, imagine the consequences!!!

We can go like Turkey to let China to deploy nuclear arsenal in BD or in Bay of Bengal.

Where did i say Chinese nuke? You read post or imagine post?

Good man, what does this mean?

I am not so good at English as you are, but like Turkey to let China to deploy nuclear arsenal means Turkey has allowed China to deploy nuclear arsenal in Turkey

If like Turkey had let China deploy is mentioned it obviously does not mean deploying nukes anywhere else or does it, my strategic wizard?

Or am I to understand that China takes orders from Turkey as to where China is to deploy her nukes?
I am not imagining, you are and you are dreaming!

and you are spreading disinformation and attempting to be a smart *** (as the Americans say)

I think it is a sneaky weasel like thing to do!

Before getting extra chatak think of what you write.

You come out rather like a jester!

Good man, what does this mean?

I am not so good at English as you are, but like Turkey to let China to deploy nuclear arsenal means Turkey has allowed China to deploy nuclear arsenal in Turkey

If like Turkey had let China deploy is mentioned it obviously does not mean deploying nukes anywhere else or does it, my strategic wizard?

Or am I to understand that China takes orders from Turkey as to where China is to deploy her nukes?
I am not imagining, you are and you are dreaming!

and you are spreading disinformation and attempting to be a smart *** (as the Americans say)

I think it is a sneaky weasel like thing to do!

Before getting extra chatak think of what you write.

You come out rather like a jester!

Like Turkey (Nato member hosting US nukes) BD could allow china doe the same.

Thats perfectly representing your head spinning. Or is it the tail????

Like Turkey (Nato member hostin US nukes) BD could allow China to deploy their nukes in BD.

what utter tripe you are talking about to deflect form the most asinine statement you made.

Turkey has allowed China to deploy her nukes in Turkey?

as for the tail pizazz, ask Assad.

Quit being the Forum clown!

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Being a weasel does not help!

Bangladesh is a small nation, hosting someone else missiles, would mean less housing for them and the flooding could destroy the missles too.

What worries me is that much of Bangladesh's development budget come from foreign aid from countries and organizations like WB, UK, ADB and Japan. Once the world knows we are nuclear, they'll just cut it. It'll be difficult for Bangladesh. Poor people can even die. Much needed foreign investments will die.

Theoretically speaking, if the commitment is there for a 'better', a 'stronger' and a 'powerful' Bangladesh, I am sure it can get through. That commitment has never been there. And if it ever has been, we could have done so back in the Ershad era.

We can take Israel's approach to nuclear weapons - no formal official declaration or nuclear tests. But their neighbors and the world know that they have nukes. But then, they their big daddy - the USA.

Frankly speaking, China's stick just isn't big enough for something like that at the moment. Especially in case of Bangladesh and the international consequences that can follow. Let alone the kind of relationship Islamabad has with Beijing, Dhaka just don't have that edge.

The price that Bangladesh would have to pay would be heavy. Albeit probably even more than the Liberation War itself. And of-course, there is Bharot. A nuclear armed, a strong and an independently prosperous Bangladesh is not something that they'd want (never has). Aside from the Bharot trolls here :pdf:

Also, we don't have the capability to actually launch the nuclear warheads. Thus, we don't yet possess ICBMs and cruise missiles. And, we don't have such thing as R&D in military and commercial matters. And if there is, it is very limited at the moment.

So, what to do in this kind of neighborhood? I'd say common Bangladeshis start by asserting themselves. We can think of 'bargaining chips' later. Right now, this assertion and the resulting broad consensus within the GoB just isn't there right now. And far from it. The sooner this happens, the better. And needs to be done so urgently such that we have a stronger negotiation power in Bharot.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Turkey????? :undecided:

This is interesting. The Bangladeshi diaspora, like the Indian one, is very high IQ and Bangladesh itself has in some aspects higher standards of living than India. However, the situation in Bangladesh itself needs to change. Bangladesh needs to first focus on high (90% at least) literacy, and attracting labor intensive industries from countries capable of transfering technology to Bangladesh. Since Bangladesh has very few natural resources, the only possible way for Bangladesh to develop is to use the resources it does have: a large population and high density.

That means first importing, then learning to build, things that fit for such a population like high speed rail, water desalination, sewage treatment, etc. with revenue from labor intensive industries like textiles.

Bangladesh should also leapfrog in strategic technologies like aircraft carriers and nuclear power by partnerships with Russia and China, so that it can project power in the Bay of Bengal.

Like Turkey (Nato member hosting US nukes) BD could allow china doe the same.

I guess you are refering to this:
Nuclear sharing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are not a member of any NATO-like alliance yet. Not even the SCO.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But still, not a bad plan. Certainly won't make India happy.

Thats perfectly representing your head spinning. Or is it the tail????

Nah, he just thinks it looks cute :P

what utter tripe you are talking about to deflect form the most asinine statement you made.

Turkey has allowed China to deploy her nukes in Turkey?

as for the tail pizazz, ask Assad.

Quit being the Forum clown!

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Being a weasel does not help!

You still don't get his point? Talk about low IQ! You could be a one * con artist, but not a Brig Gen!

I guess you are refering to this:
Nuclear sharing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are not a member of any NATO-like alliance yet. Not even the SCO.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But still, not a bad plan. Certainly won't make India happy.

Not a good plan, yet. Gotta wait till UN verdict on maritime dispute with the good neighbor.

If it's in our favor, the men in khaki would flood indian streets chanting "Bharat mata's Bay of Bengal invaded by beef-eaters!"

Then we shall see another saga of "Mamatji and nearby CMs turn down UN verdict" & "state interests over regional peace".

Anyway, india can have all it wants in the BoB. But before officially handing over the disputed territory, we must decorate this large empty patch of sea with Chinese frigates, destroyers and submarines. Heard Chinese ships have very aesthetically pleasing designs. All for the sake of a brotherly bond.:cheers:

Bangladesh is a small nation, hosting someone else missiles, would mean less housing for them and the flooding could destroy the missles too.

No problemo, don't you know that Chinese can build underground facilities to accomodate missiles and dam to protect against flooding?.

You still don't get his point? Talk about low IQ! You could be a one * con artist, but not a Brig Gen!

One could have understood, if indeed there was a point, and if indeed it was intelligible!

As understandable as apocalypse - Any of a number of anonymous Jewish or Christian texts from around the second century b.c. to the second century a.d. containing prophetic or symbolic visions, especially of the imminent destruction of the world and the salvation of the righteous.

Visions!!

Soothsayers!

And what have you with total pretensions!

Back
Top Bottom