What's new

China No Longer Needs US Parts in its Phones

What browser do you use on your computer? I use Chrome atm. But if there is a better alternative, I wouldn't mind trying it. I use UC browser on my One plus 6 phone. It has better features than chrome but there are still some glitches that need to be addressed.

Hahaha....
Use Opera browser. I have been using it for last 10 years. It is the best browser around. It has excellent start page. mail integration and one can also install chrome extensions

I am talking about legal jurisdiction and not ownership. US funding, entities and individuals is the largest contributor to GNU, Linux and FSF etc.
as I said the majority of kernel is provided by individuals not foundations . and as it is distributed under GPLv2 you can't stop others using the kernel .
you can stop them using fedura or other distros but not the kernel itself

as I said the majority of kernel is provided by individuals not foundations . and as it is distributed under GPLv2 you can't stop others using the kernel .
you can stop them using fedura or other distros but not the kernel itself

No one can stop the use of software..

but the US can hinder or make the commercial overseas sale of anything derived from US origin technology impossible.

No one can stop the use of software..

but the US can hinder or make the commercial overseas sale of anything derived from US origin technology impossible.
not in this case , the kernel is not owned by usa and the codes are donated by individuals around the world. you can't take back what you have donated

not in this case , the kernel is not owned by usa and the codes are donated by individuals around the world. you can't take back what you have donated
Well its the U.S.A. Not a country known to stick to its own rules, leave alone foreign ones or common sense.

They will gladly sue you over IPs they derived straight from stolen European IP under the pretense that your contract to transfer the technology was "predatatory" and thus retroactively invalid after raking in the cash.

China still depends hugely on Windows, x86 eco-system, Android, ARM, etc.

Unless China can substitute it, have its own equally popular eco-system, or at least almost popular, then it's fine.

So far China still depends hugely on USA.

But still, I prefer USA-China friendship and cooperation never end.

Humanity has been evolved, the day of the past, like war and rivalry, is over.

Chips were the only thing left that US can use to sanction China, now this last chip is gone, tables have been turned and in the future we're gonna sanction US more and more and give US a taste of its own medicine.

That's great news, but what about OS for phones? Will Huawei be having its own OS and App Store?

Still reliant on S Korean and Japanese passive components and US hold them ball.

Still reliant on S Korean and Japanese passive components and US hold them ball.

passive components are easiest and cheapest to replace, they have the lowest profit margins. S Korean and Japanese also know that.

passive components are easiest and cheapest to replace, they have the lowest profit margins. S Korean and Japanese also know that.
Have a few spare mills for an MLCC factory? :yahoo: The industry had years long shortages, tantalum had the same issues, and now even things like more fancy PCBs are getting supply limited.

Back
Top Bottom