What's new

China never intends to challenge US: PLA general

Good point! Why doesn't CS and B address my point that it is China's responsibility to negotiate an agreement with the Taiwanese that they can voluntarily embrace?

Answered but if you don't want to discuss this honestly, the conversation won't last much longer.

Just misinformed and an ideologue then . There's a long standing policy of the US supporting the trouble spots of potential geopolitical rivals, as a means to keep them weak and in check. T

You are the ideologue in this, not me. You are just spouting the CCP line. Not truth.

Well, I don't believe you ever lived in the USA.

yep. I had one white man lecturing me on castism in india. I asked him so why is it that the suspect is always young black male in his 30s and why i dont see another black guy in this computer company who is an engineer? He went silent. :-)

yep. I had one white man lecturing me on castism in india. I asked him so why is it that the suspect is always young black male in his 30s and why i dont see another black guy in this computer company who is an engineer? He went silent. :-)

lol :oops:

Good point! Why doesn't CS and B address my point that it is China's responsibility to negotiate an agreement with the Taiwanese that they can voluntarily embrace?

I am not too familiar with B but for CS I can pretty much vouch his intentions are in the right place.

As for the matter at hand, it is true that the reunification of Taiwan and China lies primarily with the Taiwanese people, however with the US constantly supplying weapons and providing support it just makes matter more complicated then it needs to be.

Ultimately I believe China will not attack Taiwan as the day it does it will not sit well with the local Chinese or the overseas ones like myself and will end up losing a lot of support that China now has. However China also cannot allow Taiwan to be independent as by allowing so will mean a independent country has control of China's shipping routes so the only means it thru reunification. Ultimately China is already being very patient with Taiwan by allowing their businesses to make use to cheap labor on the mainland to form the backbone of their economy and other perks. If US withdraws their support it would least allow the government to realize their precarious position and reliance on China and work towards a proper unity.

Its like a runaway child who keeps getting perks from her sugar daddy, without the perks the child would least realize their position in life.

I am not too familiar with B but for CS I can pretty much vouch his intentions are in the right place.

Thanks

Ultimately I believe China will not attack Taiwan

It would be a tragedy.

However China also cannot allow Taiwan to be independent as by allowing so will mean a independent country has control of China's shipping routes so the only means it thru reunification. Ultimately China is already being very patient with Taiwan by allowing their businesses to make use to cheap labor on the mainland to form the backbone of their economy and other perks. If US withdraws their support it would least allow the government to realize their precarious position and reliance on China and work towards a proper unity.

Carrot and the stick.

Its like a runaway child who keeps getting perks from her sugar daddy, without the perks the child would least realize their position in life.

It's one them, what you call, "enabling relationships". Ultimately destructive.

It's not that China doesn't want to. It's that China can't.

As for the matter at hand, it is true that the reunification of Taiwan and China lies primarily with the Taiwanese people, however with the US constantly supplying weapons and providing support it just makes matter more complicated then it needs to be.

Ultimately I believe China will not attack Taiwan as the day it does it will not sit well with the local Chinese or the overseas ones like myself and will end up losing a lot of support that China now has. However China also cannot allow Taiwan to be independent as by allowing so will mean a independent country has control of China's shipping routes so the only means it thru reunification. Ultimately China is already being very patient with Taiwan by allowing their businesses to make use to cheap labor on the mainland to form the backbone of their economy and other perks. If US withdraws their support it would least allow the government to realize their precarious position and reliance on China and work towards a proper unity.

Exactly. No one wants war especially against our own brothers and sisters. All the talks of possible war breakout out between China and Taiwan are nonsensical.
Even South Korea, one of America's key allies in Asia, is severing military ties with taiwan and is seeking to have military exchange with China instead. Clearly it isn't so bad down there if the South Koreans decides to have military and bilateral ties with China instead. It's just the usual hype from the media.

Thursday, May 19, 2011
Taiwan rues severing of military swap program
김관진-량광례 합의 4년 만에…한·중 군사 핫라인 8월 개통

Taiwan hopes to continue military cooperation with Korea even though Seoul is severing a military personnel exchange program, the de facto Taiwanese Embassy in Seoul told the JoongAng Ilbo yesterday.

Responding to a recent JoongAng Ilbo article about Seoul’s plan to suspend a military personnel exchange program with Taiwan to start a similar program with China, an official at the Taipei Mission in Korea said it was already aware of the plan.

“We got to know the situation after asking Taiwanese military officials,” the official said in a telephone interview.

“Taiwan cherishes its military exchanges with Korea,” the official said. “We are certain that exchanges between Taiwan and Korea will make an important contribution to peace and stability in Northeast Asia.”

Earlier this week, the JoongAng Ilbo reported that Korea and China will announce plans to strengthen bilateral military cooperation in August on the occasion of the 19th anniversary of diplomatic ties between the countries, including a military hotline and a military personnel exchange program.

In return, the Korean government agreed to suspend the existing military personnel exchange program with Taiwan at the request of China, it reported. Seoul and Taipei severed diplomatic relations in 1992 when Seoul-Beijing diplomatic relations began, but have continued the decades-long exchange program.
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2935872

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." - Sun Tzu.

China not a threat: Says Chief of General Staff of China

A top Chinese general rejected growing American concerns about China's military buildup on Wednesday, telling audiences at the National Defense University and the Pentagon that the People's Liberation Army was no threat.

"The world has no need to worry, let alone fear ... China's growth," said General Chen Bingde, chief of the PLA general staff, in an address to a packed room of US military officers and faculty at the National Defense University.

But Chen warned that new US weapons sales to Taiwan would damage military ties.

"As to how bad the impact will be, it will depend on the nature of the weapons sold to Taiwan," Chen told a Pentagon media briefing.

During his speech, Chen quoted US presidents including Abraham Lincoln and also turned to Franklin D. Roosevelt's famous quote "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Chen played down Chinese military advances on his trip, telling the audience of US military officers and faculty at the National Defense University the People's Liberation Army lagged at least 20 years behind developed Western nations.

"To be honest, I feel very sad after visiting (the United States), because I think, I feel and I know, how poor our equipments are and how underdeveloped we remain," Chen said.

Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the US military's Joint Chiefs of Staff and Chen's host, stressed the importance of renewed dialogue to minimize the risk of misunderstanding.

"What he and I have both talked about is a future that is a peaceful future and a better one for our children and grandchildren. That does not include a conflict between China and the United States," Mullen told reporters.

Talking about fiscal constraints on China's military, Chen got a long round of laughter from his US audience by joking: "If you can lend us some money, I think that would be easier."

0013729c04950f3ec49346.jpg

China no threat, Chinese general says on US trip

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." - Sun Tzu.
Go China :china: Sun Tzu in their face!

what else is he supposed to say " Yea we gonna f@ck you yanky boys up with all our latest weapons" Remember that's the American way

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom