What's new

China mocks India's democratic system

Similar feelings for me, after I read Indians' comments on China in TOI.com or reddif.com. I guessed Modi had changed India a little bit to some extent, but now happy to know most Indians still live in their own bubble and make delusional assumptions every day. Most people who dislike India are not because India is poor, but for the reason that 10% well-off Indians show little concern and sympathy towards the rest 90% Indians who live in hell. They'd rather drag real patriots down, reinforce their own immoral interests and have no guilt living in some fancy colonies when millions of citizens are wandering on the dirtiest street and brainwashed with a notion, they are already content, they are the luckiest one across the universe.

The anti Chinese sentiment did not start with Modi. I've read posts on the reddiff and Bharat site since 2005s and the racism towards Chinese have not cease.

The indian government and media are inciting the China threat and nationalism to mask many social problems. Most people do not know that there are more separatist activities in India than almost anywhere around the world, but of course we only hear Uighur terrorists killing innocent Chinese people. You will never hear many "bad" news about India from western media because India is not a threat to their world domination plan.

poor is a moment
yesterday China was poor too
The Indeed problem is “democracy” India
Western-democracy-magic brainwashed average person into crazy believer

western-democracy-magic just like perpetual motion machine
The best option, and best illusion.
western kidnaped the TRUE meaning of democracy

Kshtriyas and Brahman
and other two feet animals…

It sounds weird, but I believe China has a true democracy. What democracy mean to me when I was taught in highschool in Canada is that the "government work for the people by implementing policies to increase the living standard of the common people"--That is so far from the truth in modern democracy.

1. Chinese in absolute majority do not care about India. In this forum, we refer to India as an example of a failed (so called) democracy which is taken to its extreme and used as a facade to hide the ugly and horrible side of the real Indian social development. In a sense, for those who are interested in India, the regime serves only as a reminder of what not to become.

2. There is no mocking of India as there is no interest. We simply do not care as we are focused inwardly for a national revival. The OP thread title is somewhat aimed at agitation; but the Xinhua news-report is in no sense a mockery of India. Not at all. China respects Indian people's choice and never interferes in its internal business or their choice of regime. In this respect, I did not like this thread at all.

3. It is hard to give a solid name to China's governance except "governance in Chinese characteristics." Unlike India, China's model is evolving; hence, it is neither Soviet style politics, nor US style economics. And it keeps changing. Remember, like liberalism, Communism is essentially a Western ideology -- although, without naming them, I am sure, each civilization-nation had their own communism or liberalism in the past in one form or another.

4. Comparing regimes is nonsense. No regime cannot be replicated successfully in another historical and geographical context. Each nation has their own dynamics. The best course of action is to respect each other's choice and mind our own business.

5. In the end, numbers will judge what system is better. Our personal feelings and passions mean nothing. India's and China's achievements in socio-economic development over the past six decades can speak for themselves.

6. Many Indians speak their own passionate hatred of China y mocking its system of governance. They should be aware that we have their own judgement of India just as as they have of us. They might be living in fantasy-land; maybe those we communicate with are a bunch of lucky few; but, the chant of democracy won;t deter people from seeing through the propaganda. Just because we do not speak of them does not mean we do not know of them.

But again, we do not care. In fact, Indian hatred of China is not a bad thing (although I cannot generalize but it is the feeling on this thread). This means China is doing better.

Exactly my sentiment bro. In fact when other people hate Chinese, we are doing well.
I do not understand why the Chinese members here bother to reply with a defensive posture to indians, vietnamese or any other China haters out there. Let them dream in their world and one day when they wake up and see us at the top of the world--we can laugh at them like this :haha:

My lovely boy, you are just 12 years old, you'd better go to study, you can learn few valuable knowledge here. I know you love China. Don't waste your time here.
observation brings me firsthand information
especially comprehension and communication skills

You are right. For most brainwashed people, they'd rather think democracy is just election, spending most of their time making promises which will never come true and buying tickets by giving a bicycle or ensuring some quotas.
It sounds weird, but I believe China has a true democracy. What democracy mean to me when I was taught in highschool in Canada is that the "government work for the people by implementing policies to increase the living standard of the common people"--That is so far from the truth in modern democracy.

Exactly my sentiment bro. In fact when other people hate Chinese, we are doing well.
I do not understand why the Chinese members here bother to reply with a defensive posture to indians, vietnamese or any other China haters out there. Let them dream in their world and one day when they wake up and see us at the top of the world--we can laugh at them like this :haha:

North Korea says same things about USA. They call USA a rapist country and a gun ridden violent country. Are Americans losing sleep over it?
Uncle Sam also said he would send “democracy” to Iraq, Afghanistan,Ukraine
American are sleeping well now

The capability of CCP is the most important reason for us to catch up with the west when compared to other developing countries. But the outside world donot realize that or ignore that ,they just talk low salary,blood factory etc.it is funny and good for us.No need to compare with the failed country, after all,they can not do anything except for curse and sour grape.

Last edited:
BEIJING: Deriding India's democratic system, official Chinese media here on Thursday defended ruling Communist Party's monopoly on power, saying if China had opted for democracy it would have become another India "where around 20 per cent of the world's poorest live".

"Hindsight shows us that the Western political system, which is not inherently problematic and was designed to encourage freedom, would have been incompatible to a country where efficiency has driven remarkable economic growth and social development," state-run Xinhua news agency said in a commentary.

"Further, China's feat of becoming the first developing country to halve its population living in poverty would have never been accomplished. Half of the 1.3-billion population may have been recipients of foreign aid, making it a huge burden on the world," it said.

"At best, China would have been another India, the world's biggest democracy by Western standards, where around 20 per cent of the world's poorest live and whose democracy focuses on how power is divided," the commentary said, mocking the democratic political system in India.

"In 2014, India registered a per capital GDP equal to a mere quarter of China's GDP," it said. State-run China Daily which carried Xinhua's commentary as editorial omitted references to India.

"Or, China could have become certain African democratic country that has struggled with civil wars, military junta, coup d'etats and the curse of resources for decades following the end of Western colonial rule in the 1960s," it said.

"The ongoing annual session of the National People's Congress (NPC) China's top legislature, provides a suitable backdrop to reflect upon the country's 61-year-old fundamental political system," it said.

It shrugged off the image of a rubber stamp parliament for its 3,000-strong member NPC for its routine adoption of bills put forward by the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC). NPC is currently holding its 10-day annual session.

"Seemingly endless political bickering, inherent in the Western model, would have resulted in political dysfunction, which in turn would have had catastrophic repercussions for a nation with a population four times as large as the United States," the Xinhua commentary said.

"Should China have adopted a system that facilitated lobbying among interest groups, it would have been caught in a self-perpetuating cycle of endless debates.

"Should China's mainstream political parties have been fiscally irresponsible and pursued interventionist policies globally, like in the United States, the People's Liberation Army (PLA) would have received an inflated military budget — at the expense of development projects.

"This situation would have fed nationalist sentiment, and wars would be imminent. This would have only been good news for opportunists and arms dealers, who would have rushed to cash in on the unrest," it said.

A system that allows plurality is fertile ground for election rigging, vote buying and the silencing of minorities.

In a country as ethnically and geographically diverse as China, the fires of opposition would have been stoked and divided the nation, it said.

Stupid...

Thousands of Indians die in northeastern India, thousands of children in India die because of malnutrition . But from your TOI or Hindustan, most your get is cricket, Bollywood movies and politician's nonsensical performance without implementation. Such a joke to call India a democratic nation and hear your hilarious and delusional talks like where as in Indian if one ppl is killed, its known to world or Even today if they kill 10 million ppl, no one in world will never know it has happen...

You must be kidding our Media is one of the Most Introspective one in the world just look at the rape example
On Topic
They are right but Democracy is the best option for India

Similar feelings for me, after I read Indians' comments on China in TOI.com or reddif.com. I guessed Modi had changed India a little bit to some extent, but now happy to know most Indians still live in their own bubble and make delusional assumptions every day. Most people who dislike India are not because India is poor, but for the reason that 10% well-off Indians show little concern and sympathy towards the rest 90% Indians who live in hell. They'd rather drag real patriots down, reinforce their own immoral interests and have no guilt living in some fancy colonies when millions of citizens are wandering on the dirtiest street and brainwashed with a notion, they are already content, they are the luckiest one across the universe.

TOI & Reddif are not the best places to find good Indians you know

Any changes to these maps and opinion in the article below?

The-Naxalite-Problem.-Red-Corridor.jpg

Sardar : India Frightened Update : The Coming Partition Of India – The Creation Of Khalistan

Archive, Featured, GeoPolitics
October 17, 2014

Sardar : India Frightened Update : The Coming Partition Of India – The Creation Of Khalistan | Sikh Archives

The Coming India China War

India is no more a country than the Equator is – Winston Churchill

The first step in liquidating a people is to erase its memory. Destroy its books, its culture, its history. Then have somebody write new books, manufacture a new culture, invent a new history. Before long the nation will begin to forget what it is and what it was. The world around it will forget even faster. A nation cannot cross a desert of organized forgetting. The struggle of man against power is the struggle against forgetting. – Milan Kundera

History gobbles up people who become rootless – Sardar

Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy’s strategy – Sun Tzu

Preface

This is a continuing article which is updated as geo-political events progress. The underlying premise of this article is that India will disintegrate by 2018 or be an unsustainable entity by them. In this update we analyze the ISIS factor and it’s dangerous implications for Pakistan and India. Both of these countries are frightened. The article also corrects an analysis of Pakistan and Afghanistan which is incorrect. Pakistan is finished.

Editor’s Forward
Though there are a multitude of voices in the Sikh Diaspora clamoring for the creation of Khalistan, no one has as of yet produced a detailed geo-political analysis of the circumstances which will lead to the creation of Khalistan. One gets the distinct impression that Sikhs, even those raising their voices for Khalistan, do not harbour a sincere belief that Khalistan can be created. This very important article sets out the precise geo-political sequence of events which can lead to the creation of Khalistan. As far as we know, no Sikh intellectual has as of yet done a detailed analysis such as this. We believe that the geo-political sequence set forth infra will play itself out within the next five years. The author was a ranking police officer, now a Khalistani

The Background

The McMohan Line When the British vacated India, they established the McMohan Line as the boundary between India China. This demarcation ceded large portions of traditionally and historically Chinese territory to India. China never accepted the demarcation and in 1962 China launched a war to obtain her lost territories. These territorial claims of China remain unresolved. The Chinese claim includes the state of Arunachal Pradesh ( called South Tibet by China) and portions all along the 3,000 mile China-India border as well as parts of Assam.

Nagaland

The Nagas are a mongoloid race who are Christians. Their territories were never historically a part of India. The British incorporated Nagaland into India without the consent of the Nagas and a war was immediately initiated by the Nagas to assert independence. That war continues today: see Betrayal Of The Naga Nation.

Kashmir

When the English vacated India, the issue of Kashmir arose. This principality was over 95% Muslim but it had a nominal Hindu ruler. The Muslim population wanted to join Pakistan. India assumed control of the area with the written assurance that a U.N. directed plebiscite would be held within five years wherein the inhabitants of Kashmir would freely decide the future of Kashmir. India has never permitted this plebiscite to be held. Two wars have been fought over Kashmir. Kashmir is the most densely militarized area in the world. There are over one million Indian soldiers and para-military forces in Kashmir. Almost one soldier for every seven civilians. The Indian State has a policy of using mass rape as a policy of terrorizing the civilian population. Person X was invited on a tour of the Kashmir and assured that he could have any girl he wanted for his carnal pleasure.

The Sikhs

The Punjab was a Sikh territory with a Sikh Kingdom. The Indian Congress provided solemn assurances that the Sikhs would have semi-independant status within India. These assurances were never implemented. No Sikh signed assent to the constitution of India. There has been constant violence and turmoil in the Punjab since 1947. In 1984 the Indian Government launched a campaign of genocide to break the backbone of the Sikhs. The Sikhs have a separate religion, language and culture. There is a very large Sikh diaspora which is committed to Khalistan and is politically active.

Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura

These are tribal areas which were never historically a part of India. There is constant turmoil in these areas

The Naxalite Insurgency India has over 750 million people who live in conditions of indescribable poverty and despair. The Naxalites are leading an armed struggle to assert their rights. The backbone of the insurgency are tribal people in the Indian States of Bihar, Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. There are persistent reports of Tribal women armed with bows and arrows fighting heavily armed Indian paramilitary forces. China has been attempting to provide arms to these beleaguered people through heavily guarded borders.

The Untouchables : A Nation Within A Nation

Hinduism is apartheid in the guise of religion. At the bottom of the totem pole are approximately 150 million untouchables. There are approximately 500 million people in India (if not more) who belong to the untouchable caste and other low castes (sudra castes). These people hate India. They want to create a country for themselves called Dalitstan.

Tamil Nadu

The state of Tamil Nadu is situated in the extreme south of India. It is inhabited by a negroid race called Dravidians. These people have weak bonds with the Indian federal state. There is a latent movement in Tamil Nadu to create a country called Tamil Eelam.

The Holy Warriors Of Islam:

This is the great factor. The potential catalyst. India has 190 million people of the Moslem faith. They have no allegiance to India. Islam is a warrior religion and India is frightened by the possibility that they might rise up. The Moslems are not integrated into India in the least. If you travel through Moslem areas in Uttar Pradesh (as I have in district Saharanpur) you will enter a completely different world. Sikhs in India can traverse though this world with ease and respect due to the historical bonds of friendship between Sikhs and Moslems. Moslems appreciate that Sikhs are involved in a common struggle against the Hindu oppressor. Hindus are not accorded the same respect. India treats Mulims very carefully since it is aware that a Muslim insurgency in India will not be containable.

The Nature Of The Political Structure In India

India is not a true Republic with a tri-partite division of power. It is a highly federalized state where all of the important power is concentrated in the Central Government. At the time that the British vacated India, the Indian State simply assumed all of the colonial laws and many of them are still in effect today. The states are essentially colonies of the Center. Over the course of time, the power in the Center has become concentrated in the hands of the Brahmin caste of the Hindu religion.

Hindutva Fascism

The concentration of power in the Center in the hands of the Brahmin caste has given rise to the demand for Hindutva, which means that all institutions and peoples must be Hinduized. The election of Modi as Prime Minister unmasks the fascist face of India. Modi’s hands are drenched with the blood of the Godhra massacres. Like Hitler, his ascendancy to power has been jubilantly applauded by caste Hindus.

Despite the formal trappings of Indian law, the real policy of the state is Hindutva. Hindutva as a policy to engineer an Indian state in which non-Hindus are de facto second-class citizens will intensify under Modi. As Justice Wendall Holmes stated: often the minor unstated premise is more important than the major stated premise. Religious and ethnic minorities correctly perceive Hindutva as being tantamount to cultural genocide and in some cases physical liquidation.

Preparations For War

India India is arming itself heavily for armed conflict with China. It is important to understand that these expenditures and preparations are for a conventional large-scale war with a external country. In Pakistan, India is involved through it’s agents in destabilizing Pakistan. In Afghanistan, India is supporting the regime of Karzai. Karzai, an erstwhile officer of Unocal, dare not step outside Kabul.

Pakistan

Pakistan has stated that it cannot win a conventional war against India and it will use nuclear weapons in a first strike on India if attacked by India. This is not merely bellicose talk. Pakistan has incorporated the nuclear first strike doctrine into it’s operational military plans. Pakistan has been strenghtening it’s ties with China. These include the construction of the highest highway in the world connecting China and Pakistan; and granting China a naval base on the Arabian Sea. China China is the rising superpower in the World. It is racially cohesive; 95% of the population call themselves Han. China appreciates that war with India is inevitable. India also appreciates this and is using Chanakya Niti (the medieval Indian doctrine of statecraft by deceit and deception) to buy time. For example, the Indian response to the Chinese incursion into Ladakh is predicated upon India’s intrinsic weakness: see China Army Crosses India Border

The United States The United States is arming India and intends to use India as a proxy in a war against China. It is conducting joint war simulations with India and has entered into numerous military pacts with this country. The United States has entered into a nuclear treaty with India wherein it it transferring advanced nuclear technology to India.

Russia Russia is supplying India with armaments and in particular with technology for cruise missiles and ICBMs (inter-continental ballistic missiles). India is close to acquiring the coveted three strike capability – ICBM strikes from fixed land positions, ICBM strikes from the air and ICBM strikes from submarines. The arming of India by the United States and Russia appears to be aimed at strengthening India against China. In the case of the United States there may be the implicit presumption that India can also be used as a proxy against Russia when the appropriate time arrives.

India’s Achilles Heel And Color Revolutions

As indicated, India is arming itself heavily to fight external enemies. India through it’s controlled media portrays India has being united but the reality is otherwise. India is an extremely divided nation internally. This is India’s Achilles heel. India has serious internal enemies. Winston Churchill summed it up aptly when he asserted that India is no more a country than the Equator. India is for all practical purposes an administrative creation of England.

Though India has on numerous previous occasions not hesitated to use it’s Armed Forces on the civilian population, it must be realized that an army is not that effective against an armed internal insurrection. It is worth noting that India has had two courses of action to solve the internal discord: (i) devolve powers to the states to create a loose federation of states; or (ii) centralize power and reduce the states to mere vassals. India has chosen the second path and that path is not reversible. One thing to bear in mind about India’s fundamental weakness is that it may be possible to topple it in a strategic color revolution. This is a topic worthy of a separate discussion.

The Nature Of The Coming War

This coming war between India and China will not be a conventional war. Both countries are nuclear armed and if Pakistan is involved in the war, it is indisputable that it will use the nuclear option. The war will be asymmetrical warfare where China will support the Naxalites, the Nagas, the tribals in Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram; the Kashmir armed struggle, the Sikhs and the untouchables. The issue for China will be the provisioning of arms for the considerable portion of the Indian population which is opposed to India. India cannot survive a simultaneous insurrection across the country. Note that India has no countervailing assets in China that can be activated. The Taliban The Taliban who are racially Pashtun, have vowed to turn their attention to Kashmir once The United States vacates Afghanistan. In this coming eventuality, it can be anticipated that China will be providing the Taliban with arms and logistical support. India cannot hold on to Kashmir.

The Holy Warriors Of Islam

To use Zbigniew Brzenski’s apt term, the grand prize is the dismemberment of India. The actualization of this objective needs the support of the 190 million Muslims in India. The actual strategy that China will most likely use to actuate this result is to supply the Naxalites though the so called Red Corridor of India which stretches a 1000 miles from Nepal to Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and into Andhra Pradesh; see: the red corridor.

Converting the Red Corridor into an area where arms can flow through will let the moslems obtain the arms to partition India. Anecdotal evidence from Sikh truckers who travel through the Red Corridor indicates that it is extremely dangerous at night. China understands that the dismemberment of India requires the 190 million Moslems in India to demand the partition of India so that they can enjoy liberty in their own homeland. Such a partition will require the transfer of large segments of the population. This scenario will present the Sikhs with the golden opportunity to create a Sikh State (and transfer out these Hindutvas once and for all).

Naxalite Insurgency In India – The Red Corridor

The Response Of The Indian State

The Counterinsurgency Strategy Asymmetrical warfare is instrinsically different from conventional warfare between nations. The fundamental rule of insurgency is that an insurgency cannot survive without the broad support of the underlying population. The fundamental rule of counterinsurgency is that an insurgency cannot be contained without the use of State Terror. We can therefore expect India to use torture, drones and indiscriminate killing to cower the population into submission. The media in India, which is under the control of Brahmins, can be expected to hide the terror. India has already flexed it’s terror apparatus in the Sikh Punjab, albeit on a small scale: Death Squads Unleashed In The Punjab

Understanding The Brahmin Psyche

In any confrontation with Hindu India it is vital to understand the Brahmin psyche which is grounded in their religion. This psyche has no understanding of honour, integrity or the warrior spirit. India been founded on deceit and the willful subjugation of peoples who wanted no truck with the newly formed state. Treachery is fundamental to the Brahmin psyche. This is a lesson of history. In the Kashmir uprising, the Indian State sought negotiations with the insurgents. The response was that the insurgency had no leaders. In actuality the insurgency had discreet leaders but the insurgency had a clear understanding of the trap sprung by the Hindutvas. By refusing to meet with the Indians the insurgency denied the State with the opportunity to probe for weaknesses among the leaders of the insurgency. The insurgents had a clear understanding that the Brahmins had no genuine interest to negotiate a settlement. In contrast, the Hindutva State used the same strategy on the Sikh insurgency and then tore the Sikh movement apart by it’s limbs by exploiting the differences among the leaders of the insurgency.

The Psychology Of The War

The Indians have no belly for a fight. They are treacherous cowards. It’s all in the Hindu psyche. The only people in India who can fight wars are the Sikhs. The Chinese are aware of this and it would be best for them to court the Sikhs. The best units in the Indian Army are Sikh. In any large scale combat, aside from the Sikhs, these people will turn tail and run. The Chinese geopolitical experts should study authentic Sikh and Indian history to understand the psyche of the Indian at war. The word authentic is important.

Why Would China Get Involved?

The prime reason is to dismember India. Why would China want to dismember India? Firstly at an abstract level we have a circumstance similar to Carthage and Rome. There cannot be two super powers adjacent to each other; this appears to be lesson of Carthage and Rome. But beyond this, a nuclear armed India acting as a proxy for the United States constitutes an existential threat to China. China has to weigh this factor into it’s calculus to dismember India. China has to also weigh the fact that it has many proxies in India which are allied with it: The Naxalites in the Red Corridor, the Taliban, the Moslems in Kashmir, the Sikhs in The Punjab as well as the 100 million Moslems in Utter Pradesh who would be glad for any help they could get. In other words, China can fight a proxy war against India very cheaply.

China also has Pakistan as a nuclear armed ally at this stage (as a gift of American Hubris). In contrast, India has no proxies that can be used against China. The essential question for China is this. Given the nuclear threat that India poses, is it in the strategic interest of China to initiate a proxy war through the Taliban as indicated above? What is essential for China to understand is that India despite all of it’s bellicosity, is weak at this point in time and is buying time to the detriment of China (Chanakya Niti); see: China Army Crosses India Border.

Can India Stop The March To War?

As I have indicated the linchpin to the start of the war is the Taliban. The intense conflict in Kashmir will roll over into The Punjab where a ferocious insurgency is expected to ignite. This time, with the Sikhs fully armed with state of the art weapons supplied by The Taliban, China and Pakistan. This is the initial sequence that then expands into a much wider conflict along the Red Corridor and then to the 100 million strong Muslim population concentrated in the State of Uttar Pradesh north of the Red Corridor. India can avoid this scenario by ceding Kashmir and hence removing the incentive for the Taliban to attack India. This will not occur because the hubris and bellicosity of the Hindutvas is now beyond the pale. The cession of Kashmir is beyond the imagination of Hindutva India. Even if India cedes Kashmir. it must be borne in mind that India still has deadly enemies.

China Calculus

We must consider the China calculus vis a vis implicitly assisting the 180 million plus Muslim population in India. Firstly what must be realized is that Russia as well as China contain significant populations which are Muslim. 14% of Russia’s population is Muslim and some of the Republics that constitute Russia are entirely Muslim. China contains approximately 15 to 20 million Muslims. The semi-desert province of Xiankiang in North West China is almost entirely Muslim.

One of the linchpins of US foreign policy is to de-stabilize the Middle East by empowering fundamentalist regimes. Aside from fractionating and weakening conventional regimes in the Middle East, this strategy aims at weakening Russia. The idea being that fundamentalism in the Middle East will spill over into the bordering Muslim Republics of Russia such as Dagestan, Chechnya and so forth. These republics are already experiencing considerable turmoil. This turmoil can lead to the further break-up of Russia. Though China’s Muslim population is not significant, China will nevertheless consider the impact of helping Indian Muslims on it’s domestic stability.

American Position

By the time the above scenario starts, the domestic public sentiment will be against America wasting it’s blood and treasure on another war which has the potential of turning nuclear. India has harmed the United States and drained it’s treasury and impoverished it’s work force. There is no strategic reason for the United States to involve itself. America would be wise to heed Winston Churchill’s statement: India is no more a country than the Equator is.

American Role Reversal

As indicated above, America is supplying India with advanced nuclear technology and India is very near to achieving three strike capability. This means that very shortly, perhaps within one and half years, India will have the capability to launch a nuclear attack on the United States or Europe. India is already a proto-fascist state or perhaps a country with inverted totalitarianism. As indicated above, India is highly unstable. The media gloss concerning the nature of India is facile as well as false. If in the future, India’s instability rises and it’s nuclear arsenal becomes a threat to the West, we should expect a rapid role reversal by the United States. In which case, the United States will take a leading role in instigating the sequence of events outlined above.

The United States has always had implicit relations with the Taliban; and these started during the tenure of Zbigniew Brezsinski. It is worth speculating that there exist scenarios where the United States and China work cooperatively to partition a highly nuclear armed India. The relationship between the United States and India is fragile and an American role reversal is a real possibility especially if the United States concludes that China’s ascension to world dominance is not containable. This one factor will lead the United States away from India. Right now the entire US China strategy is based on the containment of China. This is what the US Pacific pivot is all about. A microscopic view of the fragility of the US-India relationship can be studied here: India Unmasks Herself A Little. Sardar : A Glimpse Of The Future : India Unmasks Herself A Little : The Diplomat’s Wife Attacks | Sikh Archives

images

Shanghai Dance Theatre & Shanghai Oriental Dance Group

The onslaught of democracy is nothing more than a farce. In its immediate assertion. it made clear that a Democratic system of governance would certainly have led China to an economic disaster, India being a natural example of it. But this argument certainly ignores few facts which certainly do not conform with its conclusion.

First of all, India is used to be cited as a living proof that democratic countries are destined to grow at a much slower rate than the authoritarian ones. But the economic surge during the nineties certainly throws the foundation away from this argument. India was still a functioning democracy in 90's; however it obviously did not hinder economic growth from rising at a much faster pace than authoritarian states in Latin America or East Asia.

Secondly, champions of authoritarian states, blinded by glistening success of Chinese economy overlooked the fact that China, still being an autocracy had the largest famine during 1958-61 whose mortality count estimated close to 30 million, while democratic India saw none. History of famine, historically have close connection to authoritarian rules, for example British India, Ireland in the 19th Century and North Korea,Soviets or the Chinese in modern history. The recorded history shows a quite common pattern in all the major famines. The official records suppressed the data and numbers for various reasons. The communes or the cooperatives, while knowing their inability to produce enough food grains were quite reluctant to acknowledge it as they did not want to become the only failing commune. The vastness and gravity of the famine was unknown to them due to lack of Independent media and absence of a strong political opposition. The government often did not felt any urgency to take immediate action, partly because most of the times it fed itself rosy reports of great success of the communes. It just did not had enough information to how extent the great leap had failed.

Indian democracy certainly is not flawless and far from being impeccable (as democracy succeeded in small European states with homogeneous language, culture or religion). Its ethno-linguistic and religious diversity certainly poses great challenges to its functionality but if democracy is not supposed to be a natural component for a modern civilizational model, Mao, with his limited defence of democracy would not have said, "Without democracy...it will be impossible to achieve unity of understanding and unity of action, and impossible to achieve true centralism."

Last edited:
China is the last strong hold of communism....And it is struggling to keep an hold on it...

Now that Chinese people have lot of information about outside world they know that Communist Party is treating them like a slave....So what Communist Party is doing is mocking the biggest democracy in the World...Where every person who rules is being elected by the people who wanted them to be ruled....

India is a great example for a failed regime that is filled with corruption, filth, disease and inefficiency. In that regard, it is a great lab for efficient nations to learn from.

In very social development index, China surges ahead of India. In terms of social mobility, women's and minority rights, meritocratic advancement, internet connection, worldwide travel, government's response to people's grievances, and property rights, China is miles ahead of India.

Therefore, China and India is in no way comparable.

India may be compared to Vietnam even though Vietnam, thanks to its efficient government outperforms India's inefficient, nepotic and corrupt regime.

As the media is not free in India, people do not get a true picture of the despicable situation of the large swaths of society. Add to that Hindutva racism, you end up with a society that is based on oppression of the minority races, women and the other defenseless. This explain the plethora of secessionist armed movements across India.

India suffers from mass-deaths due to malnutrition and preventable diseases. There is a silent genocide going on in India that is worse than sub-Saharan African countries in scale. Indian regime kills its own undesirables, dalits and whatever untouchables. These people not only have access to information, they are also devoid of access to any basic necessities that a dignified human being in other countries takes for granted.

Anybody travelling to India will be warned not to drink water or go out on the street alone. India is called a place no women should travel to. It is a hell in terms of security not only for tourists but also for the ordinary citizens. There is little security -- and no security at night.

All these (and much more) problems point to one fact: It is a regime problem. The Indian regime is hijacked by a privileged few who stage a clown show every four-year. The regime stays intact as the figureheads change. But people are keep uninformed and ignorant. Whatever means of information there is, they are occupied by Hindu radicals, ultra nationalists and power elites. Indian media is the voice of the regime (or the system).

The country is in no way comparable to China. Unlike how ToI interprets it, China does not mock India. It just does not care.

Back
Top Bottom