What's new

China may go to war with Vietnam to shore up support: Russian media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate war, but unfortunately This is fact that after increase in economy, War process is necessary to become super power.:meeting:

For various reasons I'll be the first to voice opposition against any major war with Vietnam just for war's sake. I don't care Phi.

The smartest move China should make IMOO should be to use marine corp to surprise-attack both Phi and Viet-controlled tiny islands/reefs in South China Sea aiming to completely control them within a day or two with minimum death toll for all sides. The timing could be on the eve of Olympics opening ceremony or some int'l festeval a la Goergia-Russo conflict of 2008? :lol:

Then Chinese navy can announce the area a millitary exercise zone, and will destroy ANY fresh foreign vessel sent into the area later. IF some supporting warships of Viet and Phil do turn up, destroy them each and all with resolute means once inside Chinese waters. In this way, China can regain SCS with minimum prices since any incoming warships would be considered as invading forces and China will have both obvious legal obligation and moral highhorse to destroy them, needless to say that the dealth toll of such a conflict would become minimum, for all sides - to limit int'l impact.

In front of far more powerful Chinese navy and the complete Chinese control of SCS, Viet and Phil thus dare not and would not send any vessels despite shouting outragously in the press. The US would likely condemn it diplomaticly and that's it, cuz it can not and will not risk or damage far more important Sino-US relations for some tiny sea reefs that belonged to China in the first place. In other words, despite the presence of the US navy in Phil, it will not have direct confrontation against the Chinese navy at all.

The whole operation must be done quick, but very quickly and sharp, best mimic what the US has done to the Panama Canal.

Acting against the Philippines is a VERY BAD idea. The Philippines did make mistakes, but their internal political discourse indicates that they realize that negotiations are the only way to go. Not only that, but they have a defense treaty with the US, engaging them may alarm others in the region. Best to leave the Philippines alone and go with negotiations.

In contrast, Vietnam is a communist country, and their rhetoric is far more aggressive. Additionally, a show of force needs only one participant. China just needs to be sure that if they do act, they do so with the speed and overwhelming force of the US in a middle eastern country. Announce first that if the islands are not cleared, then you will clear the islands for them. Announce BEFORE THE ATTACK that you will withdraw from the territory after the clearance to make way for a DIPLOMATIC solution, and show the international community that China is serious about negotiations.

^ You two are so peaceful.

My preference: multi-prong land attack on Hanoi, Ho Chi Min and Cam Rahn Bay, latter two via Laos and Cambodia. Followed up with brutal counter-insurgency using paramilitary thugs in all population centers.

Top Type 99 main battle tank

Middle Type 99A main battle tank

Bottom new light tank (for airlift, sealift and expeditionary forces)

vwwnj.jpg

Type 99A MBT

sr5g2.jpg

new light tank

vnodk.jpg

I hate war, but unfortunately This is fact that after increase in economy, War process is necessary to become super power.:meeting:

Not always , circa 65, 71,99 .... they dint serve any purpose for your right ???

On Topic , China will never go to war knowing fully that there will be massive jolt to its rising economy and that Vietnam is a very sticky oppostion to fight a war against ... they will never give up without a fight ask the USA and why even the chinese themsellves in 79 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom