What's new

China makes first crucial test for its 500-ton-thrust rocket engine

GS Zhou

Reaction score
Country
China
August 1st, China ---- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation today completed the first joint test of the gas generator and turbopump for China's 500-ton-thrust liquid oxygen/kerosene rocket engine. The success of this join test is marked as the first milestone in the development process of China's 500-ton-thrust engine. This heavy-lift engine will be used for China's future space stations projects and manned missions to the moon.

六院研制的重型运载液氧煤油发动机首次涡轮泵联试取得圆满成功

2016-08-01 中国航天科技集团六院

8月1日,由我院负责研制的重型运载火箭500吨级液氧煤油发动机首次燃气发生器-涡轮泵联动试验取得成功,标志着该型发动机研制工作取得首个里程碑式胜利,为后续圆满完成关深阶段研制任务奠定了基础。

我院院长谭永华、科技委主任张贵田、副院长栾希亭、总工程师胡旭东等陪同上级领导专家现场指导试车。

试车前,我院11所、7103厂、165所及院有关部门通过对试车方案、联试产品状态质量、试车台改造调试、联试风险分析和充分的紧急预案确认复查,做了大量工作,付出大量心血,确保试车取得预期目标。

此型发动机为我国正在研制的最大推力火箭发动机,对支撑后续空间站建设、载人登月及深空探测具有重要意义。(张平)

fdj1.jpg
fdj2.jpg
fdj3.jpg

Four of these engines will power the core stage of the CZ-9.
Exactly. In an early interview to Tan Yonghua, president of the Academy of Aerospace Propulsion Technology, Tan said: The engines will together give the Long March 9 a launch weight of 3,000 tons and a maximum payload of 130 tons to the low Earth orbit, which is powerful enough to fulfill a manned mission to the moon.

It can be seen in America! LOL!

This guy is too smart to be an American. LOL

With years and tons of valuable experiences under belt developing the YF-100, it is hoped that our scientists, engineers and technicians will complete the development of YF-500 in the shortest time possible. :D:D

Hey thanks for kindly inviting me to make a comment...we are impressed that China after decades of having a space program launched their most powerful rocket in June that is almost as powerful as young upstart SpaceX's first rocket the Falcon 9...which isnt powerful enough to launch our big spy satellites...but is over-engineered enough to be reused 40+ times.

Here's a thread showing SpaceX retesting a rocket that landed a few months ago and will be relaunched in September.
https://defence.pk/threads/spacex-t...ded-rockets-before-a-planned-relaunch.442003/

Of course SpaceX's second rocket is coming in November and will be the most powerful active rocket in the world..and its 3rd will be so powerful it will lift 100tonnes...to Mars.

BTW I'm not C130

Last edited:
Hey thanks for kindly inviting me to make a comment...we are impressed that China after decades of having a space program launched their most powerful rocket in June that is almost as powerful as young upstart SpaceX's first rocket the Falcon 9...which isnt powerful enough to launch our big spy satellites...but is over-engineered enough to be reused 40+ times.

Here's a thread showing SpaceX retesting a rocket that landed a few months ago and will be relaunched in September.
https://defence.pk/threads/spacex-t...ded-rockets-before-a-planned-relaunch.442003/

Of course SpaceX's second rocket is coming in November and will be the most powerful active rocket in the world..and its 3rd will be so powerful it will lift 100tonnes...to Mars.
Sorry, I am wrong, you are @Peter C, so you can delete your post now.:)

Bigger CZ-5 will come next month.

Wont be delayed again?o_O the insurance must be deadly huge.:devil:
I think Elon Musk has no more confidence than you, FH must be delayed again(how many times from 2012:cheesy:).

back to the topic, this engine(maybe called yf-480), its counterparts of US are BE-4 , Raptor and AR-1 that are all bragged so much by you Americans, and their progress all lag behind. Very likely our new engine will come fastest:pop:

in addition, you needn't post back.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom