What's new

China launchs 5G nationwide from Oct.1st: Huawei, ZTE and Ericsson provide base stations

Adam WANG SHANGHAI MEGA

Reaction score
Country
China
China plans to launch 5G commercial launch nationwide from Oct. 1st: Huawei, ZTE and Ericsson provide base stations
2019-05-21 13:38:49
Https://www.toutiao.com/a6693350603575263748/
The China Daily quoted ZTE on Tuesday as saying that China plans to start 5G commercialization nationwide from October 1st. The base stations in mainland China will be provided by Huawei, ZTE and Ericsson.

The report quoted Gao Wenhao, deputy general manager of ZTE's 5G industrial product line, as saying that China intends to directly commercialize 5G in 40 cities on October 1st, in order to present the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Republic without a temporary license. Gao said that he learned the news from the three major telecom operators in China.

If the news is true, China will become the third country in the world to enable next-generation communication technology after South Korea and the United States.

Gao Wenhao said that by October 1, China Unicom, China Telecom and China Mobile will open base stations ranging from 30,000 to 50,000, covering more than 40 cities across the country. This is broader than the range of cities covered by South Korea and the United States.

中国计划10月1日起全国启动5G商用 华为等提供基站
天天读报会 2019-05-21 13:38:49
https://www.toutiao.com/a6693350603575263748/
中国日报周二援引中兴通讯人士称,中国计划10月1日起在全国范围内开始5G商用,中国大陆的基站将由华为、中兴通讯及爱立信提供。

报道引述中兴通讯5G工业产品线副总经理高文浩的话称,中国拟提前于10月1日直接40城5G商用,以此向共和国成立70周年献礼,不发临时牌照。高称,他是从国内三大电信运营商处获知此消息的。

若消息属实,则中国将成为继韩国和美国之后,启用下一代通信技术的全球第三个国家。

高文浩表示,到10月1日,中国联通、中国电信和中国移动将开通3万至5万不等的基站,信号范围覆盖全国40余座城市。这比韩国和美国覆盖的城市范围要广泛。

Last edited:
I'm glad Ericsson get contract to provide base stations although we can fully use domestic appliances. This is a good gesture to the rest of the world that China stick to its open policy and deliver what promised.

I heard that the price of mobile phone supporting 5G service is 12,000 yuan....
It's not that I can't afford it, but I've always used Xiaomi(Brand with high cost performance).
5G phones are too expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom