What's new

China-India martial arts masters meet at famed Shaolin Temple

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
China-India martial arts masters meet at famed Shaolin Temple

ZHENGZHOU, June 20 (Xinhua) -- Martial arts masters from China and India met Sunday at the Shaolin Temple, which is famed as one of the holy sites of Chinese Kungfu, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Twelve Indian masters the traditional Nithya Chaithanya Kalari Indian martial arts training center, which was founded in 1993 by Murugan Gurakal, performed Indian martial arts called Kalaripayattu on the same stage where monks of the Shaolin Temple performed their Kungfu Sunday morning.

"Shaolin Kungfu is the mother of Chinese martial arts and Kalari is mother of Indian martial arts, " said Murugan Gurakal, chief instructor of the Indian Kalari group.

Murugan Gurakal said he hoped his countrymen could learn a lot from Shaolin Kungfu .

Indian masters performed Kalari, or Kalarippayattu in front of the abbot with techniques including long stick fighting, knife fighting, sword, shield and flexible swords on the platform, which attracted many tourists.

Also, Shaolin monks performed many types of Kungfu including Tung Chi Gong, Er-zhi-zen and "Eighteen Weapons."

Shi Yanhao, a monk who performed Tiger Fist, said, "I am happy to see the mysterious Indian martial arts. Their performance was excellent and they were flexible in their body techniques."

Sino-India martial arts masters meet at famed Shaolin Temple

shaolin-monks460_1121468c.jpg

Shaolin+Monks01.jpg

VS

valpayattu.jpg

Kalaripayatu2.jpg

Would have been a Treat to watch....

but what about a kalari vs kung fu.....indeed will b a treat to watch

Refer to professional MMA. I wouldn't put much thought into those two.

Kalari and Sholin are the Worlds Two Oldest Art forms... What happens when the legends face off?? Nothing less than a Tremor....

I myself am a Kalari Student.... had to leave it when I was In 10th.... Studied it for 5 years as it was Must in my school

Kalari and Sholin are the Worlds Two Oldest Art forms... What happens when the legends face off?? Nothing less than a Tremor....

I myself am a Kalari Student.... had to leave it when I was In 10th.... Studied it for 5 years as it was Must in my school

No disrespect. It is just that many of the art forms currently practiced do not translate well into real world fighting. One they were never effective in the first place and two they have been waterdowned for the sake of competition which resulted in a art form in which you are thought things that are flashy and score points.

Traditional Kung Fu and in a large part karate have been two of these things.

No disrespect. It is just that many of the art forms currently practiced do not translate well into real world fighting. One they were never effective in the first place and two they have been waterdowned for the sake of competition which resulted in a art form in which you are thought things that are flashy and score points.

Traditional Kung Fu and in a large part karate have been two of these things.

No, In Kerala, its tradition.... For over centuries the Family members have been Teaching the Art.... The master Of karali can stop you without Him touching You.... He just has to see You and Point his finger, its called " Chhondu veral marmam" In malayalam ....

This is Not just a martial art, its Releasing Your Holy spirit and It Strengthens The 7 Chakras In Your Body....

This is a very Tough art Form and a Unique One

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

kalari is said to be A graceful Art

3274449428_908c261f29.jpg

kalari1.JPG

kalari2.JPG

No, In Kerala, its tradition.... For over centuries the Family members have been Teaching the Art.... The master Of karali can stop you without Him touching You.... He just has to see You and Point his finger, its called " Chhondu veral marmam" In malayalam ....

This is Not just a martial art, its Releasing Your Holy spirit and It Strengthens The 7 Chakras In Your Body....

This is a very Tough art Form and a Unique One

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

kalari is said to be A graceful Art

3274449428_908c261f29.jpg

kalari1.JPG

kalari2.JPG

Maybe the master of karali should point his finger at any of those Martial Artists in those Gifs i provided. :rofl:

If it is traditional that is cool. Is it weapon based ? Are there any videos you can link ? It seems a little flashy what is the objective and do they have Karali competitions in India ?

Maybe the master of karali should point his finger at any of those Martial Artists in those Gifs i provided. :rofl:

If it is traditional that is cool. Is it weapon based ? Are there any videos you can link ? It seems a little flashy what is the objective and do they have Karali competitions in India ?

Kalari has No Competitions, No black or while belts, the teacher Knows If he has attained the maturity to Progress ..... Its a barbaric Martial art form

The Finger is Your major weapon, and kalari is believed to be the First Martial Art form, and Shaolin Is Evolved from Kalari thus making it the second...

Last edited:
an old video ...and my fav!!

2nd part

3rd part (marma kalari)

4th part

Last edited by a moderator:
stop embaress yourself comparing karali with kungfu, ever heard of westerners study karali?

He just dug out a dead thread to troll, just report him.

Back
Top Bottom