What's new

did indian martial arts influence east asian martial arts?

W.11

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i was watching penchak silat and the resemblence it has when it comes to various hand gestures with the east asian martial arts is uncanny.

penchak silat

19884420.JPG

kung fu

kung-fu-martial-art-sport-gesture-silhouette_7232-435.jpg

since silat probably derived from an existing indian tradition and was not based on chinese one i suspect that the had gesture technique came from indian martial arts. there are also conditioning equipments in karate which probably came from india as well.

Even though bodhidharma has assosiated with shaolin tradition, its martial arts is not accepted to have been influenced by indian tradition, which leads me to think there is some truths to this matter as well.

here is some statement from wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Asian_martial_arts

Indian martial arts may have spread to China via the transmission of Buddhism in the early 5th or 6th centuries of the common era and thus influenced Shaolin Kungfu. Elements from Indian philosophy, like the Nāga, Rakshasa, and the fierce Yaksha were syncretized into protectors of Dharma; these mythical figures from the Dharmic religions figure prominently in Shaolinquan, Chang quan and staff fighting.[16] The religious figures from Dharmic religions also figure in the movement and fighting techniques of Chinese martial arts.[17] Various styles of kung fu are known to contain movements that are identical to the Mudra hand positions used in Hinduism and Buddhism, both of which derived from India.[18] Similarly, the 108 pressure points in Chinese martial arts are believed by some to be based on the marmam points of Indian varmakalai.[19][20]

i dont know the credibility of these claims though

regards

Last edited:
Shall i give you the exact precise answer ?

In the view of arts and “Multi/Rich culture” and history, world considers many big nations or group nations which includes Middle East, Egypt, Greece, India, Persia, China and Maya.

Pakistan has no exposure in this category so to appease the normal audience, they try to fit in the “india” band by declaring themselves as a part of “Multi-Cultural WOW historic INDIA incredible”

You will often see these same retards chanting aman ki asha

I propose Doklam as the venue to settle this once and for all

Poo and Pee patrol should be discarded like alloo from gosht

Brother mine,

How could you?

Hybridwar and MarasiPoliticoz have left deep wounds.. shouldn't you and I be helping those wounds?

Pakistanwali!

PakistanZindabad

Mangus

I have heard that when Muhammad bin Qasim first reached Sindhu, Raja Dahir was showing him all the actions of martial arts.. but MBQ didn't respect any of his action and cut Raja's main part in his first attack.

I have heard that when Muhammad bin Qasim first reached Sindhu, Raja Dahir was showing him all the actions of martial arts.. but MBQ didn't respect any of his action and cut Raja's main part in his first attack.

Arabs always killing son of soil for religious tax.

tsk tsk tsk

There are no Indian martial arts.

Some posters try to prove Pakistanis are totally different from Indians OP doesn't like that. He is trying to prove Pakistanis and Indians are same people.
That's why I said, there are two kinds of people living in Pakistan.. Gangoos and Indoos..

Both are high level ke chay!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom