What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

G and D are only different in speed.
There can be CRH380A which is supposed to run for G but actually for D.

Currently Shanghai-Nanjing HSR and Intercity, 9pm last train.
View attachment 328446
The point is, there was no train and I had to travel in the 'K' series. But I had a good time with the passengers. One of them is still in touch with me. His English name is Max. :D

The point is, there was no train and I had to travel in the 'K' series. But I had a good time with the passengers. One of them is still in touch with me. His English name is Max. :D
Yeah, it's easier to make friends on the traditional trains...
Traveling on G/C/D is like on the planes.

@jkroo

Good incentive to give up smoking.

Smoking is not good for you and damages your health.

Give up smoking, you will save money and live longer.
Thank you for your consideration. Bro.
I'll take care of myself.
Keep healthy.

Give it up :enjoy::yahoo:

Will try hard if I have to get ready for next child. :D

In pics: High-speed train driving past fields, S China
(Xinhua) August 24, 2016

Photo taken on July 17, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on Aug. 1, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on July 19, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on July 22, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)

Photo taken on July 19, 2016 shows a high-speed train driving past fields in Tianyang County, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Xinhua/Wei Wanzhong)
Guangxi Autonomous Region is building a second EMU depot....
The first depot is in full use, but new lines will open in December from Nanning to Kunming....
Currently, they have 70+ units of EMU, but daily maintenance allowance is only 30+ units.
1704km, nearly 200 pairs of bullet trains per day.....Very big progress from 2013 to 2016 in Guangxi.

Nanning Depot, Nanning Railway Bureau
6f689560jw1f65xu8ilepj20p00gon1a.jpg
5.jpg
6f689560jw1f65xu75x9ij20p00g3tb8.jpg
6f689560jw1f65xu853jkj20p00gomzi.jpg
6f689560jw1f65xu7thm5j20p00g640h.jpg
6f689560jw1f65xu6syhjj20p00go41t.jpg
6f689560jw1f65xu6f417j20zk0qodij.jpg

Thank you for your consideration. Bro.
I'll take care of myself.
Keep healthy.

Will try hard if I have to get ready for next child. :D
Hard time for you.....No cigarette kid!
China needs healthy and high-skill younger generations!

Last edited:
How busy is Beijing-Shanghai High-speed Rail?
After Zhengzhou-Xuzhou HSR opens in September, there will be more through-services added on the Beijing-Shanghai HSR. Here is a timetable on September 10, indicating all the trains leaving Xuzhou East Railway Station southbound (to Nanjing/Shanghai).

2424.jpg

Train number: G means 300-350km/h class.
Interval: two terminal stations of the train.
Railway bureau: which railway bureau operates the train.
Time: when the train leaves Xuzhou East Railway Station, southbound
Interval with the train ahead (minutes): time difference with the last train

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

From this new timetable at Xuzhou East Railway Station (Southbound on Beijing-Shanghai HSR), we can clearly see the time interval will be shortened to 2 minutes if the last train is a non-stop train. The regular time interval is 4-5 minutes. There are still some margin, however, it is noted that this timetable is not for holidays. There is only a little margin for new trains if more tributary HSRs open with more through services added on Beijing-Shanghai HSR.

My recommendations are
1, A second Beijing-Shanghai HSR must be prioritised. It is advisable to finish this line at the start of the 14th 5-year-plan, around 2020-2022. Otherwise, the limit of the Beijing-Shanghai HSR will significantly affect the capacity of tributary lines.
2, There should be more services before 10 am and after 20:00. However, more CRH depots should be built at midway stations, otherwise EMUs have to start from big stations.

It is good that we test the "limit" of this HSR every time when a new tributary HSR opens. However, considering the ridership increasing by 30% annually, such limit should never be reached!

88f89f49jw1f6phsagie5j21jk0wi134.jpg

IMG_0434s.jpg

@TaiShang @JSCh @cirr @anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Jguo @grey boy 2 @Mista et al

This i believe is power card repair clean room facility. Modern electric traction using IGBT or older GTO traction use a lot of power electronic PCBs and these are repaired on chip level in these clean room facilities. I can also see an electric traction motor on bottom left.
& these off course are squirrel cage induction motors (rotor only).
there is a lathe visible inside cabin on middle right side (between those yellow glass panels). I therefore guess this is a rotor turning facility. Also notice electrical insulated floor coating.
I'm really impressed with these facilities. Hope to see some more pictures from such workshops.
:tup:

Is she a section controller?

This i believe is power card repair clean room facility. Modern electric traction using IGBT or older GTO traction use a lot of power electronic PCBs and these are repaired on chip level in these clean room facilities. I can also see an electric traction motor on bottom left.

& these off course are squirrel cage induction motors (rotor only).
there is a lathe visible inside cabin on middle right side (between those yellow glass panels). I therefore guess this is a rotor turning facility. Also notice electrical insulated floor coating.
I'm really impressed with these facilities. Hope to see some more pictures from such workshops.
:tup:

Is she a section controller?
Yes, I believe so...
She is working in that EMU Depot.
There are many women working for railway maintenance.

High-speed trains in China to get Wi-Fi in Dec.
(CRI Online) 14:32, August 26, 2016

China.HSR1.EMU_CRH350-std.350kph-train.jpg

File photo shows high-speed rail in China.

Chinese passengers taking high-speed rail are soon to end their days suffering from weak network signals as Wi-Fi is to be installed on the trains in December, Xinhua News Agency reports.

Satellite transceivers, devices used for transmitting Wi-Fi signals, have been installed on trains for further testing.

It is estimated that the Wi-Fi will be officially up and running by December.

The transceiver was developed by the 29th research institute of China ElectronicsTechnology Group Corporation (CETC).

Zhang Jie, a senior engineer from the institute says that the highest speed of high-speed trains in China now runs at 350 km per hour, and their technology helps the Wi-Fi signal to be uninfluenced by a train traveling under 500 km per hour. However, the number of users should not surpass 700, but since current high-speed trains have a capacity of around 560 people, the technology is fine for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom