What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

A very interesting conversation between a railway fan and a train passenger.
@坐奥迪的王大师

Two years ago when I took photos along Sichuan-Guizhou Railway in Guizhou Province, I encountered a 50-year old uncle in the hard-seat compartment. He asked me why I didn't go to Anshui City for photographing, and why I traveled all the way to such an isolated valley.....I said, we were here to take photos of this slow train....He made a groan, and said "My entire family support our 3 kids' education, as to let them not to take this damn shabby and slow train any more to go outside".

@anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Ankit Kumar 002 @PaklovesTurkiye @Bussard Ramjet @Jlaw @Dungeness @ahojunk @Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @Fattyacids @simple Brain @X-2. @Mista @grey boy 2 @Śakra @Spectre @Chinese Bamboo @jkroo @Brainsucker @Maira La @Species

屏幕快照 2016-08-15 00.08.47.png

6dce69e3gw1f6a0lt248mj20zk0qkwlu.jpg
6dce69e3gw1f64ywr3kzoj20k00qhn01.jpg
6dce69e3jw1ezj088svmzj20zk0nqqcp.jpg

It got wrapped in the quote:

"Still so many hanjians in China. Dont ever privatize things of national security like airlines, railways, etc.
These hanjian need to be replaced."

===

What is a Hanjian?
Han汉=Chinese, as in Han Dynasty
Jian奸=n.=traitor/ adj.=treacherous/ v.=rape

Last edited:
China-standard bullet trains start operation
Source: Xinhua 2016-08-15 15:51:14

DALIAN, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- The China Railway Corporation announced on Monday that its "China Standard" bullet trains, also known as electric multiple units (EMUs), have started operation in northeast China's Liaoning Province.

Train No. G8041 departed from Dalian for Shenyang, capital of Liaoning on Monday. It is the first passenger service using China Standard EMU trains, said Zhou Li, head of technological management at the China Railway Corporation, the national rail operator.

"China independently owns the design of the EMU, and it will be a leading model for China to export to the world," Zhou said.

The China Standard EMU uses the latest exterior design, reduces energy consumption, and adopts a standard parts design, he said. It has reinforced safety features compared with old models, he added.

The trains can reach a speed of 350 kilometers per hour.

China's EMU fleet of 2,470 trains is the world's largest, and the total length of high-speed track in the country -- 19,000 km -- represents 60 percent of the global total.

In the future, China will offer rail products and solutions according to the needs of various countries, he added.

Chinese bullet trains have already found international customers in Indonesia, Russia, Iran and India.

Construction of a 150-km high-speed link between the Indonesian capital Jakarta and Bandung began in January 2016. It will cut travel time between the two cities by about two thirds. The project is almost entirely Chinese, including the technical standards, survey and design, construction, equipment manufacturing and personnel training.
WOW, two years of trial, finally!
I can't wait to hear from railway fans in Northeast China!

CRH0207设计图.jpg

CRH350车厢图.jpg
5de929a3jw1f5z6elgks9j22gw1dz7wh.jpg
天人品不错,刚在大连北站下车,标动就跟着我的车进来啦6.jpg
5de929a3jw1f5z6ej0zjuj22gw1e01kx.jpg
5de929a3jw1f5z6emj185j22gw1e07wh.jpg
7c1fcccfjw1etolvbu4exj20rs0iiq98.jpg

16:56, August 15, 2016
AddThis Sharing Buttons
FOREIGN201608151659000066915252095.jpg

DALIAN, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- The China Railway Corporation announced on Monday thatits "China Standard" bullet trains, also known as electric multiple units (EMUs), havestarted operation in northeast China's Liaoning Province.

Train No. G8041 departed from Dalian for Shenyang, capital of Liaoning on Monday. It isthe first passenger service using China Standard EMU trains, said Zhou Li, head oftechnological management at the China Railway Corporation, the national rail operator.

"China independently owns the design of the EMU, and it will be a leading model for Chinato export to the world," Zhou said.

The China Standard EMU uses the latest exterior design, reduces energy consumption,and adopts a standard parts design, he said. It has reinforced safety features comparedwith old models, he added.

China's EMU fleet of 2,470 trains is the world's largest, and the total length of high-speedtrack in the country -- 19,000 km -- represents 60 percent of the global total.

In the future, China will offer rail products and solutions according to the needs of variouscountries, he added.

Chinese bullet trains have already found international customers in Indonesia, Russia,Iranand India.

Construction of a 150-km high-speed link between the Indonesian capital Jakarta andBandung began in January 2016. It will cut travel time between the two cities by abouttwo thirds. The project is almost entirely Chinese, including the technical standards, surveyand design, construction, equipment manufacturing and personnel training.

Basically a hub for OBOR.
Yes it is. let's have a look at the long-term railway plan in Xinjiang Region.

121321.jpg

Golmud-Korla Railway (marked blue in the above map)

Geku railway (格库铁路) is a railway under construction to connect Golmud and Korla, in western China. Construction work started in November 2014 and is due to take five years. The length of the line is 1,214 kilometers, joining Qinghai province and Xinjiang province. The investment is estimated to be CN¥36 billion (~US$6 billion). The line will connect the existing Qinghai-Tibet Railway and the Southern Xinjiang Railway. It will be the second railway connecting Xinjiang province with another Chinese province and the third line to Golmud after the Qinghai–Tibet Railway and the Golmud–Dunhuang Railway which is also under construction.

It crosses one of the driest regions, one of the most inhabitable desert and one of the most dangerous mountains in the world. We are conquering the nature!!!

Qaidam Basin
userid82675time20091114180703.jpg
userid82675time20091114181113.jpg
userid82675time20091114180343.jpg
userid82675time20091114180240.jpg
userid82675time20091114180801.jpg
userid82675time20091114175042.jpg
userid82675time20091114175949.jpg

@Odysseus @simple Brain @Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @liall @Godman @waz @Jlaw

Last edited:
16:56, August 15, 2016
AddThis Sharing Buttons
FOREIGN201608151659000066915252095.jpg

DALIAN, Aug. 15 (Xinhua) -- The China Railway Corporation announced on Monday thatits "China Standard" bullet trains, also known as electric multiple units (EMUs), havestarted operation in northeast China's Liaoning Province.

Train No. G8041 departed from Dalian for Shenyang, capital of Liaoning on Monday. It isthe first passenger service using China Standard EMU trains, said Zhou Li, head oftechnological management at the China Railway Corporation, the national rail operator.

"China independently owns the design of the EMU, and it will be a leading model for Chinato export to the world," Zhou said.

The China Standard EMU uses the latest exterior design, reduces energy consumption,and adopts a standard parts design, he said. It has reinforced safety features comparedwith old models, he added.

China's EMU fleet of 2,470 trains is the world's largest, and the total length of high-speedtrack in the country -- 19,000 km -- represents 60 percent of the global total.

In the future, China will offer rail products and solutions according to the needs of variouscountries, he added.

Chinese bullet trains have already found international customers in Indonesia, Russia,Iranand India.

Construction of a 150-km high-speed link between the Indonesian capital Jakarta andBandung began in January 2016. It will cut travel time between the two cities by abouttwo thirds. The project is almost entirely Chinese, including the technical standards, surveyand design, construction, equipment manufacturing and personnel training.
Well done China. Keep it up. I hope one day you will be building similar train track in my country Pakistan. Unfortunately we Pakistanis are not very good at economic progress so it will have to wait untill our country has a surplus budget.

PDF have been on and off recently for me. Maybe indian hackers trying to hack PDF again? It dropped me off before i can comment

No it was a quoting glitch. It happens from time to time, I have seen it with a number of posts randomly.

Well done China. Keep it up. I hope one day you will be building similar train track in my country Pakistan. Unfortunately we Pakistanis are not very good at economic progress so it will have to wait untill our country has a surplus budget.
With the construction of the economic corridor of China and Pakistan in the near future, Pakistan will have high-speed rail.
Work hard and have faith in your own country.

Taiyuan – Jiaozuo PDL approved

12 Aug 2016

CHINA: The National Development & Reform Commission has given the go-ahead for construction of the Taiyuan – Jiaozuo passenger-dedicated line, which is expected to take 4½ years.

The 362 km double track alignment will be designed for 250 km/h operation, with a minimum curve radius of 3 000 m. There will be 13 stations at Taiyuan Nan, Mingli, Puzhong, Taigu Dong, Yushe Xi, Wuxiang Xi, Xiangyuan Dong, Changzhi Dong, Changzhi Nan, Gaoping Dong, Jincheng Dong, Boai and Jiaozuo. Traffic is estimated at 40 million passenger-journeys/year.

tn_cn-csr-highspeedtrains_04_cded61f6d5.jpg

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...ina&no_cache=1

Back
Top Bottom