What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

LOL!

Nice, thanks for the invite! I havent been to Shenzhen since I was 10 years old in the mid 90s. Went to the windows of the world theme park, thats about all I really remember. Pretty cold and it was around Chinese new year...even got some Hong bao/Li-Cee from the hotel staff. I remember the really big scale model of Eiffel tower and I was impressed to see they had a big Ashoka lion right after the Entrance area I think. There was a monorail and nice fireworks too. That and a taxi driver swindled us a bit.

Back then I bet Shenzhen wasn't as big as it is now I've heard. Will have to make it a point to visit again especially now that I got you as a contact to take me on a food tour hehe.

Is that chicken dish you posted like a Sichuan style of siu mei white chicken? It looks like it actually got a strong flavour to it haha.
Yeah Window of the World was like a must-go-to place at that time, i recall accompanying waves after waves of relatives going there when i was a kid... now Shenzhener seldom go there, it's mainly for tourists (many of those tourists end up in HK shopping fiercely :P).

Not siu mei, more like fresh clean steamed then covered with spicy numbing souce (strong flavor) and red chili oil, a bit similar to white cut chicken, the same tenderness but very different souce, it's cold dish btw. Chinese name is literaly 'mouth watering chicken'. :).

Yeah Window of the World was like a must-go-to place at that time, i recall accompanying waves after waves of relatives going there when i was a kid... now Shenzhener seldom go there, it's mainly for tourists (many of those tourists end up in HK shopping fiercely :P).

Heh, now that I think of it, we visited a Zoo/Safari place as well. Thats where I found I get all knotted up around my legs in a bad way when I ride on a camel (or anything wide for that matter). They had a pretty drugged/tame Tiger you could pose with and take pictures with and one of those big cat safari rides....and a monkey trail along with the standard exhibits/shows. I don't really like Zoos/Safaris to be honest (especially after working in one for a summer job in Singapore)...but I do remember that one I guess. Other than that I remember the border agent having difficulty typing my family's long Indian surname for each of us....and we created a delay each way for our bus because of that.

Not siu mei, more like fresh clean steamed then covered with spicy numbing souce (strong flavor) and red chili oil, a bit similar to white cut chicken, the same tenderness but very different souce, it's cold dish btw. Chinese name is literaly 'mouth watering chicken'.

I thought white cut chicken is a type of Siu Mei (its just the only one that's not roasted so its the odd one out or something)...but my memory sucks these days. Anyways I think now that you describe it, I tried this when I was there in Chengdu...I was quite hungry and everything was good so I don't remember the details so well!

Humm my family love Sichuan food to a point it's like an important ritual must be done almost every week. But some of my Cantonese friends just can't do spicy, not even a little bit. It's painful hanging out with them in a Sichuan place, must order non-spicy and even then they complain about it....

There are a fair number of small to medium size restaurants runned by Sichuanese folks here in Shenzhen, where the taste are considered to be quite genuine. The big brand chains however, are usually the first to localize, not that they taste bad though, their Cantonese style Sichuan cooking also works for me. You can come for a food tour next time back in HK, we are just a river away after all.;).

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:!!!! I think I can eat them all!!!

Andrew you should post some Leshan Budda pics too, adding a little spiritual feels here.:D.

that's actually a pic of 高雄麻辣火鍋, the materials the same with Sichuan though.

now i have a craving for 口水雞:

19300001111193130914740609671.jpg

@AndrewJin tried any authentic version there?
I am having it right now!
In Jinli old street.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446119960.198668.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446119975.322926.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446120030.745614.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446120068.490543.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446120097.148729.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446120109.354740.jpg

Nothing like seeing a deep red hot pot broth. You know its not going to be just hot temperature wise hehe:enjoy:

Heh, now that I think of it, we visited a Zoo/Safari place as well. Thats where I found I get all knotted up around my legs in a bad way when I ride on a camel (or anything wide for that matter). They had a pretty drugged/tame Tiger you could pose with and take pictures with and one of those big cat safari rides....and a monkey trail along with the standard exhibits/shows. I don't really like Zoos/Safaris to be honest (especially after working in one for a summer job in Singapore)...but I do remember that one I guess. Other than that I remember the border agent having difficulty typing my family's long Indian surname for each of us....and we created a delay each way for our bus because of that.

I thought white cut chicken is a type of Siu Mei (its just the only one that's not roasted so its the odd one out or something)...but my memory sucks these days. Anyways I think now that you describe it, I tried this when I was there in Chengdu...I was quite hungry and everything was good so I don't remember the details so well!
Hahahaha you really should come visit Shenzhen again, rediscover the place through adult eyes...

Em technically sui mei means 'toasted flavor' so it's about those with crispy toasted skin in Cantonese cuisine. at least in Shenzhen & Guangzhou white cut chicken as it is clean plain steamed with soy sauce come later doesn't count as sui mei, and it's a famous Hakka dish i think, not Cantonese. that said, most if not all suimei shops i've tried serve white cut chicken...maybe cause it's easy to prepare? don't know if it's the same in HK.

no meat?:mad:. i see your noodle is melting, better eat quickly.

u visited 武侯祠 next door yet?

Hahahaha you really should come visit Shenzhen again, rediscover the place through adult eyes...

Em technically sui mei means 'toasted flavor' so it's about those with crispy toasted skin in Cantonese cuisine. at least in Shenzhen & Guangzhou white cut chicken as it is clean plain steamed with soy sauce come later doesn't count as sui mei, and it's a famous Hakka dish i think, not Cantonese. that said, most if not all suimei shops i've tried serve white cut chicken...maybe cause it's easy to prepare? don't know if it's the same in HK.

no meat?:mad:. i see your noodle is melting, better eat quickly.

u visited 武侯祠 next door yet?
Half a kilo of beef and half a kilo of 牛杂, already inside.
It's not fresh meat slice, if u order meat slice as in Beijing, u will be looked down upon by local Sichuanese.
Quite often meat slice served here is not even fresh, but all bought from supermarket, since locals don't order it.

CRRC Corp. develops extra-high voltage level IGBT module
Xinhua Finance 2015-10-26 14:19 BEIJING

CRRC Yongji Xinshisu Electric Equipment Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of CRRC Corp. Ltd. (China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation), has developed China's own insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) module of extra-high voltage level, which is of great significance for China to localize the high-speed rail and high-power locomotive technologies.

The extra-high voltage 6500V/200A IGBT module has filled the blank of China in indigenous extra-high voltage IGBT module development and is to change the country's dependency on IGBT imports, said Zou Shichang, academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences and chief technology officer of CRCC Corp.

China is the world's largest IGBT consumer with an eight-billion-yuan market for IGBT consumption. However, the country hasn't formed its own, complete, strong IGBT industrial system and the extra-high voltage IGBT chips have been monopolized by overseas enterprises.

Zou said the next move of CRRC is to promote the commercial application of 6500V/200A IGBT modules and further improvement in design, manufacturing, packaging, testing, and application of extra-high voltage IGBT chips, replace overseas IGBT modules with our own products, and to enhance the competitiveness of Chinese manufacturing industry in 'going abroad'.

134743917_14455861006901n.jpg

134743917_14455861136951n.jpg

Worker inspecting IGBT module

Last edited:
CRRC Corp. develops extra-high voltage level IGBT module
Xinhua Finance 2015-10-26 14:19 BEIJING

CRRC Yongji Xinshisu Electric Equipment Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of CRRC Corp. Ltd. (China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation), has developed China's own insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) module of extra-high voltage level, which is of great significance for China to localize the high-speed rail and high-power locomotive technologies.

The extra-high voltage 6500V/200A IGBT module has filled the blank of China in indigenous extra-high voltage IGBT module development and is to change the country's dependency on IGBT imports, said Zou Shichang, academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences and chief technology officer of CRCC Corp.

China is the world's largest IGBT consumer with an eight-billion-yuan market for IGBT consumption. However, the country hasn't formed its own, complete, strong IGBT industrial system and the extra-high voltage IGBT chips have been monopolized by overseas enterprises.

Zou said the next move of CRRC is to promote the commercial application of 6500V/200A IGBT modules and further improvement in design, manufacturing, packaging, testing, and application of extra-high voltage IGBT chips, replace overseas IGBT modules with our own products, and to enhance the competitiveness of Chinese manufacturing industry in 'going abroad'.

134743917_14455861006901n.jpg

134743917_14455861136951n.jpg

Worker inspecting IGBT module
The heart of HSR!

High-speed railway project kicks off construction in central China
Source:Xinhua Published: 2015-11-1 10:02:03

Construction of a high-speed railway began on Saturday to connect central China's Henan and Hubei provinces with southwestern Chongqing Municipality.

The construction of the Henan section of the railway, totaling 350 kilometers, started in Pingdingshan City, with an estimated investment of 42 billion yuan ($6.6 billion).

The 818-km electrified railway links Zhengzhou, provincial capital of Henan, with Wanzhou District of Chongqing, with a designed speed of 350 km per hour. The total invesment is estimated at around 120 billion yuan.

When completed, the railway will cut the travel time between Zhengzhou and Chongqing from 17 hours to four hours.

Img424834802.jpg

High-speed rail tunnel from mainland to HK cut through
CRI, November 1, 2015

8c89a590f56e179fed4838.jpg

The yellow line is the mainland section while the green is built in Hong Kong. [Photo: chinanews.com]

The first high-speed rail tunnel linking the Chinese mainland and Hong Kong has been cut through.

The 3,886-meter tunnel runs from Shenzhen City, south China's Guangdong Province to the Mai Po district of Hong Kong.

The Shenzhen section of the tunnel has been constructed to Chinese standards, with the section in Hong Kong built under European standards.

Wu Xiangong from the China Railway Group Company which is responsible for the construction of the tunnel's mainland section, said "We realized seamless joint of Chinese standards and European standards in the two rail tunnel sections and we can use the experiences in future opportunities of tunnel constructions in Europe and even America. And through this practice we can find some ways that conform to the 'going global' strategy."

The project is part of the underground high-speed rail linking Shenzhen to Kowloon.

Hong Kong will construct the Mai Po-Kowloon section.

The Shenzhen-Kowloon high-speed rail will be connected to the already operating Beijing-Shenzhen rail line.

The journey time from Beijing to Hong Kong will be cut from the current 20 hours to around nine hours.

Is there a good video of Chinese HSR line construction?

I have seen some very good ones of French LGV construction and it will be interesting to compare the methods.

Last edited:
Three photos of railbabies, a history!

First generation, 200-250km/h
View attachment 270248

Second generation, 350-380km/h
View attachment 270247

New generation
with new generation permanent magnet synchronous traction system
for the future
View attachment 270249

@Daniel808 @ahojunk @powastick @cirr @onebyone et al

Thanks for The Picture, Really Informative !
And this is my Favorite one Lol
CRH 0503
yyyy-CRH350-0503-04.jpg

I Wonder, What Type of Train that China will Give to Indonesia for Jakarta-Bandung Railway Project.
Cannot wait for these days ! :yahoo:

Thanks for The Picture, Really Informative !
And this is my Favorite one Lol
CRH 0503
yyyy-CRH350-0503-04.jpg

I Wonder, What Type of Train that China will Give to Indonesia for Jakarta-Bandung Railway Project.
Cannot wait for these days ! :yahoo:
This one maybe, the future standardised CRH350, two types, gold and blue.
But it's 350km/h.
Maybe CRH6 which is 150-200km/h.
DSC_1958_1.jpg
DSC_2026_副本.jpg

But I prefer CRH350, let it serve as 200-250km/h in Indonesia.
The seat is larger any previous types.
7c1fcccfjw1etolvmvew3j20rs0ij44h.jpg
DSC_6449.jpg
DSC_6284.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom