What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Two prototypes of Standardised CRH350 are officially launched today

2012年开始,在中国铁路总公司的指导下,中国中车(原中国南车与中国北车),开始集合国内有关企业、高校科研单位等优势力量,产学研用紧密结合、协调创新,开展了中国标准动车组研制工作。2013年12月完成总体技术条件制定,2014年9月完成方案设计,2015年6月下线。中国标准动车组的设计研制,遵循了安全可靠、简统化、系列化、经济性、节能环保等原则,在方便运用、环保、节能、降低全寿命周期成本、进一步提高安全冗余等方面加大了创新力度,具有创新性、安全性、智能化、人性化、经济性等特点。

座椅间距更大了,现在二等座椅统一调整为1020mm,一等座椅1160mm,这个就不用再忍受飞机狭窄的座椅空间了,人人享受头等舱待遇;第三个主要是统一了修程,这个主要是为运营部门降低成本。
For passengers, CRH350 means larger room, say goodbye to economy class of airplanes!
2nd class=1020mm
1st class=1160mm

Left, China North Railway, 土豪金
Right, China South Railway, 深空蓝
Let's do a small survey, which one do you prefer?

@TaiShang @powastick @Azizam @ahojunk @cirr @Shotgunner51 @Speeder 2 et al
View attachment 233844 View attachment 233845 View attachment 233846

“Sky Blue” for me。

But there will bo winner or loser in this two-horse race。

CRRC will be tasked by China Railway Corporation to come up with a single final design solution based on the test results of the two trains。

The one in the middle -- blue. Like @powastick says, sharper and more aggressive look.
It is not the first time people don't like CNR design.
Ugh!
m2w595hq85lt_original_z6QS_0ca400002c8d125f.jpg

09_09_0486.jpg
m2w595hq85lt_original_nWAl_7b810000504a1190.jpg

Faaaat
174459p6eugemgum669b7p.jpg.thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Kunming-Nyingchi-Lhasa-Shigatse will come before Chengdu-Nyingchi-Lhasa-Shigatse。
Nyingchi-Lhasa will be the first phase? I think Nyingchi-Chengdu section may be the most difficult man-made project ever in human history.

Left, China North Railway, 土豪金
Right, China South Railway, 深空蓝
Let's do a small survey, which one do you prefer?

“Sky Blue” for me。

@AndrewJin sharper look, the blue color train.

@cirr @powastick Me the same, sky blue is better than vulgar rich golden.

The one in the middle -- blue. Like @powastick says, sharper and more aggressive look.

Yeap, for me it's the blue one. It looks nicer and sleeker.

poor CNR design, as ever.

I am sure there are also people that would like other designs. Really hard to make everybody agree on a matter of personal taste :)

At the end of the day, it all belongs to the nation.

You know there is a ferry from Kinmen Island to Xiamen City every half an hour. Last time my friend from Kinmen County wanted to join us in Xiamen, but because of visa delay, he gave up his plan.

My professors are all happy about the new policy. This will make academic, business and tourist exchange much more convenient, at least from Taiwan to the Mainland.

China-designed train will replace older, foreign models

2015-07-01
U363P886T1D171319F12DT20150701083735.jpg

The bullet train, with an operational speed of 350 km/h, will undergo a wide range of tests in Beijing over the next two months. (Photo/Xinhua)

Tests of the first Chinese-standard bullet train began in Beijing on Tuesday as the country moves toward replacing all foreign-standard models with the domestically developed version, a senior official said.

"The new bullet train has been developed based on our own standards and technologies and is designed to be better adapted to China's environment and rail transport patterns," said He Huawu, an academic at the Chinese Academy of Engineering and chief engineer of China Railway Corp.

"We will gradually replace all in-service bullet trains with this new type. The move will greatly reduce our production, operational and maintenance costs."

The trains currently running on the country's high-speed rail network have been designed and built in accordance with various foreign standards.

This forces China Railway Corp to run a number of different support and maintenance programs for trains made to different specifications, keeping operating costs high. The lack of a Chinese-standard bullet train has hampered the nation's efforts to export its rail technology and products.

The former railway ministry, China Railway Corp's predecessor, launched a program to develop Chinese-standard bullet trains in 2012 with engineers from 30 institutes and companies.

They were told to design trains that would be suitable for the many different types of terrain found in China while maintaining the highest quality standards.

"The new train, with our full intellectual property rights, will facilitate our efforts to export China's railway products and technologies," said He. "Compared with other models, it is safer, more comfortable and economically competitive."

Two prototypes with an operational speed of 350 km/h and a top speed of 400 km/h will undergo a wide range of tests at the China Academy of Railway Sciences in the capital over the next two months.

The trains will then cover 600,000 kilometers in trial runs on the Taiyuan-Yuanping section of the Datong-Xi'an high-speed line, said He.

Back
Top Bottom