What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Malaysia currently has 150 km\h train if you count them as low middle speed. I have taken train with only 20 passengers . It was so unprofitable that it discontinued the 200 kilometer direct journey(Ipoh-KL). Instead they revert back to stopping at many station and still unprofitable. It makes the journey longer than bus. Bus cheaper and faster. KTM Malaysia is still losing around 300 million Yuan per year.
You know, sometimes politicians shall make a comprehensive consideration, trains are far more ecological, even for DMU which China has exported to a bunch of countries where non-electric lines dominate. If a line can have a average speed of more than 100km/h (not max.speed), it must be faster than by bus or by car. It will be a vicious cycle, less passengers--more stops---slower---less passengers/less trains per day. However, a policymaking will be influenced by many factors like interest groups even it is for the long run.

You know, sometimes politicians shall make a comprehensive consideration, trains are far more ecological, even DMU which China has exported to a bunch of countries where non-electric lines dominate. If a line can have a average speed of more than 100km/h (not max.speed), it must be faster than by bus or by car. It will be a vicious cycle, less passengers--more stops---slower---less passengers/less trains per day
I agree, that is why they trying to test out high speed KL-Singapore to see its profitability. If its just 150km/h, I'll just drive like 180kmh plus with a chance to be fined for RM300. Another problem in Malaysia, buses travel directly to the city/airport. If you take train, you need to change train which can be troublesome if you have many luggage.

I like trains haha. Personal bias from too much OpenTTD.

I agree, that is why they trying to test out high speed KL-Singapore to see its profitability. If its just 150km/h, I'll just drive like 180kmh plus with a chance to be fined for RM300. Another problem in Malaysia, buses travel directly to the city/airport. If you take train, you need to change train which can be troublesome if you have many luggage.

I like trains haha. Personal bias from too much OpenTTD.
OpenTTD?:o:

"Open source (free) Transport Tycoon game. It Offers multiple different transport, but its mostly about trains. Learning curve pretty steep.
OpenTTD

Simutrans is another free open source transport game. Harder than Openttd.
I like Simcity4! The only PC game I've been continuously playing since junior high:-)

I like Simcity4! The only PC game I've been continuously playing since junior high:-)
Simcity 2013 sucks.. You should try Cities Skyline. The water in Cities Skyline is simulated (not fully). Traffic is real. Building custom interchange in Cities Skyline is pretty easy.

But why OpenTTD? Cause its the only game that allows train go cross country with its huge landscape.

Simcity 2013 sucks.. You should try Cities Skyline. The water in Cities Skyline is simulated (not fully). Traffic is real. Building custom interchange in Cities Skyline is pretty easy.

But why OpenTTD? Cause its the only game that allows train go cross country with its huge landscape.
Thanks for your recommendation, I'll try if it has a Mac version.
Not Simcity 2013, but Sim4, which is so classic,closest to real social structures and the most challenging sim game I think.
屏幕快照 2015-03-15 14.48.11.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-15 14.47.57.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-15 14.50.49.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-15 14.50.39.png

Now there is Cities :skylines.
I've heard that game but my stupid Mac cannot operate. Simcity 4 is still popular after 10 years even it's not 3-D, and I'm even more addicted to it now.:-)

Thanks for your recommendation, I'll try if it has a Mac version.
Not Simcity 2013, but Sim4, which is so classic,closest to real social structures and the most challenging sim game I think.
View attachment 202757 View attachment 202758 View attachment 202759 View attachment 202760
Not my video, but in Cities Skyline you can build four level stacked interchange easily and looks organic.

And the traffic are real compare to simcity 4. Agents/workers will leave their homes goes to work in a factory and return home. You can follow the cars.

You can build dams. Block the water, and demolish it, watch it flood your city.

Don't buy Mac. PC is the master race.

Yinchuan-Xi'an HSR To Be Built in 2015
Only Ningxia, Yunnan & Tibet Without HSR

银川至西安高铁年内开建 仅剩宁夏云南西藏3省区无高铁

据《人民日报》消息日前,宁夏回族自治区发展改革委主任张八五介绍,去年底国家发展改革委批复全长595公里、总投资160亿元的银西高速铁路将在今年下半年开工建设。
Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region's NDRC director Zhang Bawu introduced that 595km-long Yinchuan-Xi'an HSR would start to be built late this year with 16 billion yuan investment.

据了解,宁夏是目前没有建设高铁和开通动车的省区之一,境内铁路基础设施薄弱,复线率仅为17%,居全国第二十七位。包兰、宝中、太中银等铁路宁夏段通过能力不足、运输效率低下,已成为东西运输通道的“肠梗阻”。

银西高铁线路项目按照国家及铁路行业现行规范设计,自包兰铁路银川站引出,途经宁夏吴忠市、甘肃庆阳市和陕西咸阳市,终点连接西安枢纽。张八五表示,项目建成后,银川至西安旅客列车运行时间将由现在的14小时缩短至3小时。
The time from Yinchuan to Xi'an will be cut down from 14 hours to 3 hours when the project is finished.

据观察者网梳理,截至2013年底,全国还有八个省份没有通高铁和动车,分别是:内蒙古、贵州、甘肃、青海、新疆、云南、宁夏、西藏。2014年,随着兰新高铁、贵广高铁的通车,呼(和浩特)张(家口)客运专线全面建设,目前,全国仅剩宁夏、西藏和云南三省区没有高铁。
By the end of 2014, China had 8 provinces disconnected to HSR networks, Inner Mongolia, Guizhou, Gansu, Qinghai, Xinjiang, Yunnan,Ningxia and Tibet.
Now, only Ningxia,Yunnan and Tibet have no HSR.
Yinchuan-Xi'an HSR.png

Xi'an North Railway Station where Yinchuan-Xi'an HSR will terminate
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 14.47.20.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-16 12.29.13.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-16 13.38.08.png

China Railway Corporation: total 295 million passengers by train during Chunyun(Spring Festival travel rush)
中国铁路总公司:春运铁路发送旅客2.95亿人次

中国铁路总公司:春运铁路发送旅客2.95亿人次 - 行业 - 人民铁道网 - 中国官方铁路门户

2015 Chunyun(Spring Festival travel rush) which started on 4 February officially ended at 12pm of 15 March. China Railway Corporation yesterday announced that during 40-day Chunyun the total number of passengers by railway was 295 million with a year-on-year growth rate of 10.4%. The highest record was 9.468 million on 24 February( the sixth day of lunar new year). Besides, the number of trips by Chinese railway high-speed(CRH) accounted for 41%, the highest in history.
从2月4日开始的春运在3月15日24时落下帷幕。中国铁路总公司昨日发布,今年春运的40天时间里,全国铁路累计发送旅客2.95亿人次,同比增幅10.4%,创历年旅客发送总量新高。2月24日(正月初六),全国铁路春运旅客发送量达946.8万人次,创历年春运单日客流新纪录。此外,动车组客流占总客流量的41%,创历史新高。

Shanghai Railway Bureau witnessed the highest number(52.64 million) among all 18 railway bureaus/companies. It followed by Guangzhou and Beijing with 42.3 million and 27.78 million respectively. Nine railway bureaus had a growth rate more than 10% and the highest growth(50.5%) was achieved by Nanchang Railway Bureau.
从18个铁路局(公司)的发送数据来看,上海铁路局旅客发送量最高,达5264万人次;广州铁路(集团)公司和北京铁路局分别为4230万人次和2788万人次;有9个铁路局同比增幅在10%以上,其中南昌铁路局同比增长50.5%,增幅为全路最高。

It is worth mentioning that CRH trains carried 114.71 million passengers, 32% more than last year. And the number of Beijing-Shanghai HSR grew to 12.62 million by 18.1% and for Beijing-Guangzhou HSR it grew to 15.59 million by 25.4%.
值得一提的是,今年春运40天中,动车组列车共发送旅客11471万人次,同比增长32%。长大干线客流增幅明显,其中京沪高铁运送旅客1262万人次,同比增长18.1%;京广高铁运送旅客1559万人次,同比增长25.4%

Hami Railway Station, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
4 Feb 2015, the first day of Chunyun, also the first day Lanzhou-Xinjiang HSR took part in Chunyun
月4日,旅客在兰新高铁新疆哈密站乘坐动车出行。当日是2015年春运第一天.png

Train D4602(Guangzhou-Nanning), a special train for migrant workers
Lu Younan's family, one member of the former Motorbike Army
2月7日上午10时,昔日的“摩托车大军”成员陆幼男一家,在广州南站.png

Inside D4602, the special migrant workers train.
This was the first migrant workers' special train of Guangzhou Railway Corporation in 2015 Chunyun. They were a part of the Motorcycle Army one year ago.
屏幕快照 2015-03-17 16.47.09.png

Guangzhou Railway cooperated with companies in Pearl River Delta, providing migrant workers special trains to Guangxi and Guizhou Province. However, limited trains made some migrant workers still resort to pricey long-distance buses or dangerous motorbikes. China is now in urgent need of train manufacturing capacity of CNR/CSR.

10 Feb 2015, Train G177 from Beijing South to Qingdao
2015年2月10日,在北京南开往青岛的G177次列车上,列车长陈丽娟和餐车长王建飞正在张贴福字窗花.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom