What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Part one, from Wuhan to Enshi (by high speed train)
Part two, Enshi Grand Canyon
Part three, Chongqing! Chongqing! (3-dimensional transport)

The final part
Part four, Tenglong Cave (soaring dragon cave)
On way back to Wuhan from Chongqing, I decided to visit China's biggest cave in Lichuan City, Enshi Tujia and Miao Prefecture.

Early morning of a metro station in Chongqing
屏幕快照 2015-05-29 14.34.57.png

8am at Chongqing North Railway Station
only one third of the waiting room is in use
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.33.58.png

Train G308, Chengdu East - Beijing West
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.34.40.png
]

G50 expressway again
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.35.01.png

Karst landform
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.35.19.png

Although located in Hubei, Lichuan City is only 2 hours by HSR from Chongqing, strongly influenced by culture and economy of Chongqing.
Lichuan Railway Station
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.35.50.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.41.52.png

Last edited:
There is a direct shuttle bus from Lichuan Railway Station to Tenglong Cave 8km from downtown Lichuan. (5 yuan, every 30 minutes)

Tenglong Cave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tenglong Cave (Chinese: 腾龙洞; literally: "soaring dragon cave") is believed to be the longest monomer karst cave system in the world. The cave entrance is 74 m (243 ft) and 64 m (210 ft) wide, leading to 59.8 km (37.2 mi) of passageways. An underground network of streams runs for 16.8 km (10.4 mi) whilst the cave is the source of the Qingjiang River. Year round temperatures underground remain in the 16–18 degrees Celsius range.

It has basically two grand caves, one is wet cave(the underground Qingjiang River), the other is the grand dry cave.
The entrance of wet cave is a waterfall of Qingjiang River which is a tributary of Yangtze River.
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.52.27.png

Qing River
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.43.33.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.43.56.png

There is a walking path and a tourist minibus road(10yuan) in the grand dry cave, i.e. Tenglong Cave.
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.53.43.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-30 16.55.48.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 20.06.52.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 20.07.24.png
屏幕快照 2015-06-01 20.07.49.png

Today's railway English is really weird...
Why will a train change the terminal station?o_O
20150601092812968.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe because of the anti-corruption campaign, now a lot of high-end restaurants offer extremely cheap coupons and set meals. And because of fierce competition of different APPs in China, we can enjoy luxury in a vey reasonable price with huge discounts. It's very easy to order 4/5 star hotel with less than $40 and have dinner in a palace-like restaurant with less than $10 per person.

Brother a number of high end expensive restaurants have actually closed in Beijing, in which my friend was kind enough to take me there.This is because the price of Maotai has decreased by 40%, due to the government banning and putting restrictions on civil servants for spending money on entertaining guest. This policy is very good as a number of officials were prone to use the red card claiming it for business purposes and thus the company use to pay for it. I am glad that policy makers have actually clamped down on corrupt people, because everyone should be equal. The same should be applied in Pakistan.

Brother a number of high end expensive restaurants have actually closed in Beijing, in which my friend was kind enough to take me there.This is because the price of Maotai has decreased by 40%, due to the government banning and putting restrictions on civil servants for spending money on entertaining guest. This policy is very good as a number of officials were prone to use the red card claiming it for business purposes and thus the company use to pay for it. I am glad that policy makers have actually clamped down on corrupt people, because everyone should be equal. The same should be applied in Pakistan.
High end restaurants have to shift their consumer group orientation. I have once tasted the highest rank of Maotai. Frankly speaking, the bottle itself seems much pricier than the water inside... A lot of hotels which are affiliated to SOEs and public institutions have to find customers themselves. I once spent only 190yuan for a standard room in a luxurious hotel affiliated to Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences. It will harm the economy in the short run but there are more opportunities among ordinary customers.

6月1日,沈阳至丹东高速铁路全线开始联调联试,沈丹高铁开通运营进入倒计时
Shenyang-Dandong HSR starts final trial on 1 June
屏幕快照 2015-06-02 13.36.14.png

沈丹高铁于2010年5月1日正式开工建设,全线建设里程205.7公里,为双线电气化无砟轨道,线路起自沈阳南站,途经本溪新城、本溪、南芬北、通远堡西、凤城东、五龙背东,止于丹东站。全线共有双线桥梁82座,新建隧道58座,设计运行时速为每小时250公里。

据沈阳铁路局相关部门介绍,联调联试是以沈丹高铁达到设计速度为目标,采用相关检测设备,评价供电、接触网、通信、信号等系统的性能,验证路基、轨道、桥梁、隧道等结构工程的适用性,评价电磁环境、振动噪声等方面是否满足相关标准的要求,为沈丹高铁顺利开通提供科学依据。

沈丹高铁是东北铁路网的重要组成部分,正式开通运营后,将与哈大高铁、盘营高铁、京哈铁路秦沈段实现互联互通。届时,沈阳至丹东列车运行时间将由过去最长的5小时48分,缩短至1小时左右,更加方便市民出行。

Shenyang-Dandong HSR started construction on 1 May 2010. The 205.7km unballasted railway from Shenyang South to Dandong has a designed speed of 250km/h, stopping at 6 intermediate stations, Benxi New City, Benxi, Nanfen North, Tongyuanbao West, Fengcheng East and Wulongbei East.

Shenyang-Dandong HSR is an important line of Northeast China railway network. It will connect to Harbin-Dalian HSR, Panying HSR, Beijng-Harbin HSR. The traveling time will be cut from 5 hours to only 1 hour.

NE China HSR Network
屏幕快照 2015-06-02 13.34.50.png

@Rasengan Finally, China-NK border!

Last edited:
6月1日,沈阳至丹东高速铁路全线开始联调联试,沈丹高铁开通运营进入倒计时
Shenyang-Dandong HSR starts final trial on 1 June
View attachment 226726

沈丹高铁于2010年5月1日正式开工建设,全线建设里程205.7公里,为双线电气化无砟轨道,线路起自沈阳南站,途经本溪新城、本溪、南芬北、通远堡西、凤城东、五龙背东,止于丹东站。全线共有双线桥梁82座,新建隧道58座,设计运行时速为每小时250公里。

据沈阳铁路局相关部门介绍,联调联试是以沈丹高铁达到设计速度为目标,采用相关检测设备,评价供电、接触网、通信、信号等系统的性能,验证路基、轨道、桥梁、隧道等结构工程的适用性,评价电磁环境、振动噪声等方面是否满足相关标准的要求,为沈丹高铁顺利开通提供科学依据。

沈丹高铁是东北铁路网的重要组成部分,正式开通运营后,将与哈大高铁、盘营高铁、京哈铁路秦沈段实现互联互通。届时,沈阳至丹东列车运行时间将由过去最长的5小时48分,缩短至1小时左右,更加方便市民出行。

Shenyang-Dandong HSR started construction on 1 May 2010. The 205.7km unballasted railway from Shenyang South to Dandong has a designed speed of 250km/h, stopping at 6 intermediate stations, Benxi New City, Benxi, Nanfen North, Tongyuanbao West, Fengcheng East and Wulongbei East.

Shenyang-Dandong HSR is an important line of Northeast China railway network. It will connect to Harbin-Dalian HSR, Panying HSR, Beijng-Harbin HSR. The traveling time will be cut from 5 hours to only 1 hour.

NE China HSR Network
View attachment 226725
@Rasengan Finally, China-NK border!

Looking forward to Dandong-Tonghua-Yanji-Mudanjiang HSR。:D

"十三五规划"

THE 135 PLAN IS THE 13TH 5-YEAR PLAN OF CHINA FOR THE YEARS 2016-2020 AND IT IS BEING VIGOROUSLY JOSTLED.

Copy the above phrase and search with Baidu, yo will see numerous analyses and reports for various interests and industrial silos all pointing to suggestions for inclusion in the national plan.

For example in the SuperTrains [Gao Tie] several provinces are vying for getting 70% of all counties being serviced by a network of criss-crossing lines. There is up north a major push for a tunnel of supertrains to connect Dalian, Liaoning Province undersea to Yantai, Shandong. This Gulf known as Bohai has the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei-Shandong-Liaoning as one economic area to get from Dalian to Yantai is about 1000km and the proposed mega project will shortened it to 100km and 40minutes.

So according to your interests, you can read about petrochemicals, nuclear power, foreign trade, electronic parts industries, over 1000 major industries and many more sub-groups. This is how involved everyone of any power is involved with the planning process of national will.

Here is one link among many:

百度新闻搜索_十三五规划
NEWS.BAIDU.COM

Back
Top Bottom