What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Years of research: technological breakthrough!
Breaking western monopoly

New bullet train gear transmission system finishes 600k km test and 500km/h test

CSR Qishuyan Locomotive & Rolling Stock Technology Research Institute

10% temperature decrease, 10% noise decrease

This is one of the key technological breakthroughs of 12th 5-year-plan.
It will completely change China's car industry, railway industry, and the entire civil industrial sector.

View attachment 359908 View attachment 359909

@Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @cirr @Lure @AViet
@AndrewJin, just to clarify to avoid any misunderstanding...

did you mean that the new bullet train Gear Transmission system just finished the 600,000-kilometer running test as well as the 500 kilometer per hour speed test? And CRRC Qishuyan Institute Co., Ltd. also achieves the 10% temperature and 10% noise reductions?

Second thing, just to give some perspective comparisons, do you have any information to explain the significance (or serving as the background info) of this technological breakthrough? In other words: How important is this?

Thank you.

@AndrewJin, just to clarify to avoid any misunderstanding...

did you mean that the new bullet train Gear Transmission system just finished the 600,000-kilometer running test as well as the 500 kilometer per hour speed test? And CRRC Qishuyan Institute Co., Ltd. also achieves the 10% temperature and 10% noise reductions?

Second thing, just to give some perspective comparisons, do you have any information to explain the significance (or serving as the background info) of this technological breakthrough? In other words: How important is this?

Thank you.
Yes, those are just two tests among hundred of tests. The 600k km test is the most important one.

This is just like the localization of IGBT chips, one of the many key components of a bullet train. This institute also supplies car industry and many other industries. Thousands of jobs in the west are gone.

This HSR station claims the smallest in China.....
I have some doubt, maybe they mean on the trunk lines (300-350km/h)
Anyway, this station serves a tourist site in Jiangxi Province on Hefei-Fuzhou HSR (dubbed as the most beautiful HSR in China)

2 platforms, 4 tracks
2000m2, 400 passengers maximum inside the waiting room

Wufushan Station, Jiangxi Province, Central China
69713f70e05243aabcaf96eff1eb426f_th.jpg
2206066d0a1648e5817c83d78c944904_th.jpg
d9cb1e1dbf2641c0978dcbedc5e6e1b5_th.jpg
97b00b638ef7421aae5dc4ea75f88d79_th.jpg

This HSR station claims the smallest in China.....
I have some doubt, maybe they mean on the trunk lines (300-350km/h)
Anyway, this station serves a tourist site in Jiangxi Province on Hefei-Fuzhou HSR (dubbed as the most beautiful HSR in China)

2 platforms, 4 tracks
2000m2, 400 passengers maximum inside the waiting room

Wufushan Station, Jiangxi Province, Central China
View attachment 360015 View attachment 360018 View attachment 360016 View attachment 360017
Nice, so eventually most small cities in China will be connected, making it so convenient to people going around.
In Oct. I experienced the HSR for the first time. First ride was Beijing to Shanghai train, then I had a ride from Huangshan(黄山) to Wuyishan(武姨山). I could not believe these small towns can have a station like your photo. Very unbelievable until you see it yourself.

What a coincidence Tiqiu, the Beijing - Shanghai HSR was also my very first riding experience with HSR in Oct 2015, an impressive seamless run at 300-303 kmh :toast_sign:

Well, if having opportunity, folks should also experience the ride on LHASA - XINING world's highest rail (at the Tanggula Pass 唐古拉山) though it isn't a HSR (and should not otherwise one can't enjoy the beauties there), and the natural landscapes along the rail line are MAGNIFICENT :cheers: rode it in 2013 really a lifetime journey!

Btw I am looking forward some updates, perhaps in near future, about the currently under construction 216 billion yuan 1,838-kilometer CHENGDU - LHASA new rail line, the 2nd line into Lhasa, though it is not HSR either (the top speed will be set at around 200 km/h), it will be another dazzlingly beautiful railway opened to operation in about next decade... opening to the outside world the many magical Shambhala lands along the path... :china:

Last edited:
Nice, so eventually most small cities in China will be connected, making it so convenient to people going around.
In Oct. I experienced the HSR for the first time. First ride was Beijing to Shanghai train, then I had a ride from Huangshan(黄山) to Wuyishan(武姨山). I could not believe these small towns can have a station like your photo. Very unbelievable until you see it yourself.
wow, I've traveled on Shanghai-Beijing HSR for many times....but never on Hefei-Fuzhou line
You were lucky to have an experience on China's allegedly most beautiful HSR.
Hefei-Fuzhou HSR, with stations at Huangshan, Wuyishan, Sanqingshan, etc, many UNESCO world heritage sites.
HSR has totally changed China's economic landscape....
Everybody's life has been changed.....
Now, an expressway is not longer a luxurious transport method, every county, every city is striving for HSR connection with a lot of fights ongoing for a station.....

Stations on Hefei-Fuzhou HSR
002gVMFFzy6TJsH2AsG62&690.jpeg
002gVMFFzy6TJsHdvc9f5&690.jpeg
002gVMFFzy6TJsH08K83c&690.jpeg

What a coincidence Tiqiu, the Beijing - Shanghai HSR was also my very first riding experience with HSR in Oct 2015, an impressive seamless run at 300-303 kmh :toast_sign:

Well, if having opportunity, folks should also experience the ride on LHASA - XINING world's highest rail (at the Tanggula Pass 唐古拉山) though it isn't a HSR (and should not otherwise one can't enjoy the beauties there), and the natural landscapes along the rail line are MAGNIFICENT :cheers: rode it in 2013 really a lifetime journey!

Btw I am looking forward some updates, perhaps in near future, about the currently under construction 216 billion yuan 1,838-kilometer CHENGDU - LHASA new rail line, the 2nd line into Lhasa, though it is not HSR either (the top speed will be set at around 200 km/h), it will be another amazingly beautiful railway opened to operation in about next decade... opening to the outside world the many magical Shambhala lands along the path... :china:
Chengdu-Lhasa railway will be more difficult to be built than Lhasa-Xining Railway.....
Now the first sections have started construction.

Last edited:
Technological breakthrough
40m Prefabricated Simply-supported Box Girder

China Academy of Railway Sciences
China Railway Construction Corporation 14th Bureau
Third Railway Survey And Design Institute

China Railway Engineering Consulting Group
China Railway Economic And Planning Research Institute

2016年12月7日,中国铁路总公司科技管理部在北京房山组织召开了高速铁路跨度40m预制简支箱梁试验现场会,对铁科院与经规院、铁三院、中铁咨询、中铁房桥等单位联合制造的高速铁路跨度40m箱梁进行了2.0倍荷载结构强度破坏性能试验,达到预期试验目的,试验取得了圆满成功。

中国工程院院士、中国科协副主席、中国铁路总公司总工程师何华武带领总公司科管部、工管中心、鉴定中心、运输局、建设部、计统部等相关部门的领导和专家共同见证了这一激动人心的时刻。

试验梁是高速铁路标准梁由设计走向工程应用过程中的重要技术环节,是全面检验结构受力性能和设计状态的重要手段。现场试验中,随着总指挥一声令下,跨度40m箱梁2.0倍荷载结构强度破坏性能试验正式启动。随着试验荷载的不断增大,试验人员实时监测传感器感应值的每一个细微变化。当试验总荷载达到预定值时,梁体变形和裂缝状态与设计相符,科学验证了40m箱梁的结构设计和预制技术水平,又一项标志性的中国高铁工程技术诞生了,现场的各位领导专家和试验研究人员都露出了满意的笑容。

本次试验的顺利完成,标志着我国高速铁路基于预制架设技术的跨度40m箱梁建造技术取得重大突破。与会领导和专家对高速铁路跨度40m箱梁研究成果的创新性、先进性和经济性进行了高度评价,并对后续工作开展提出了具体指导意见。

12月8日,中国铁路总公司副总工程师、铁科院院长王同军赴40m箱梁综合试验基地调研检查,院相关部门负责人员陪同检查。

王同军院长听取了铁建所项目组负责人的工作汇报,现场检查了40m箱梁的制造和试验实施情况。王院长充分肯定了40m箱梁项目组在BIM技术应用、预制自动化信息化技术应用、设计制造与运架技术结合、运营新技术和新产品应用等方面的研究成果。王院长要求项目组再接再厉,圆满完成试验后续工作,并推动相关技术和产品的工程化应用。

2.jpg
4.jpg

@cirr @TaiShang @long_ @powastick @JSCh

Last edited:
Technological breakthrough
40m Prefabricated Simply-supported Box Girder

China Academy of Railway Sciences
China Railway Construction Corporation 14th Bureau
Third Railway Survey And Design Institute

China Railway Engineering Consulting Group
China Railway Economic And Planning Research Institute

2016年12月7日,中国铁路总公司科技管理部在北京房山组织召开了高速铁路跨度40m预制简支箱梁试验现场会,对铁科院与经规院、铁三院、中铁咨询、中铁房桥等单位联合制造的高速铁路跨度40m箱梁进行了2.0倍荷载结构强度破坏性能试验,达到预期试验目的,试验取得了圆满成功。

中国工程院院士、中国科协副主席、中国铁路总公司总工程师何华武带领总公司科管部、工管中心、鉴定中心、运输局、建设部、计统部等相关部门的领导和专家共同见证了这一激动人心的时刻。

试验梁是高速铁路标准梁由设计走向工程应用过程中的重要技术环节,是全面检验结构受力性能和设计状态的重要手段。现场试验中,随着总指挥一声令下,跨度40m箱梁2.0倍荷载结构强度破坏性能试验正式启动。随着试验荷载的不断增大,试验人员实时监测传感器感应值的每一个细微变化。当试验总荷载达到预定值时,梁体变形和裂缝状态与设计相符,科学验证了40m箱梁的结构设计和预制技术水平,又一项标志性的中国高铁工程技术诞生了,现场的各位领导专家和试验研究人员都露出了满意的笑容。

本次试验的顺利完成,标志着我国高速铁路基于预制架设技术的跨度40m箱梁建造技术取得重大突破。与会领导和专家对高速铁路跨度40m箱梁研究成果的创新性、先进性和经济性进行了高度评价,并对后续工作开展提出了具体指导意见。

12月8日,中国铁路总公司副总工程师、铁科院院长王同军赴40m箱梁综合试验基地调研检查,院相关部门负责人员陪同检查。

王同军院长听取了铁建所项目组负责人的工作汇报,现场检查了40m箱梁的制造和试验实施情况。王院长充分肯定了40m箱梁项目组在BIM技术应用、预制自动化信息化技术应用、设计制造与运架技术结合、运营新技术和新产品应用等方面的研究成果。王院长要求项目组再接再厉,圆满完成试验后续工作,并推动相关技术和产品的工程化应用。

View attachment 360295 View attachment 360294

@cirr @TaiShang @long_ @powastick @JSCh

目前中国高铁的主流厢梁长度是32米,提高到40米后,原来320米用10节,有11个桥墩;现在只要用8节,只需9个桥墩,可以节省桥墩造价20%左右。:enjoy::tup:

Next milestone 50m?:guns:

wow, I've traveled on Shanghai-Beijing HSR for many times....but never on Hefei-Fuzhou line
You were lucky to have an experience on China's allegedly most beautiful HSR.
Hefei-Fuzhou HSR, with stations at Huangshan, Wuyishan, Sanqingshan, etc, many UNESCO world heritage sites.
HSR has totally changed China's economic landscape....
Everybody's life has been changed.....
Now, an expressway is not longer a luxurious transport method, every county, every city is striving for HSR connection with a lot of fights ongoing for a station.....

Why does Shanghai station only have one tiny toilet on the way out to the taxi rank? We queued in a long line and had to pee under others watch. I hope it will be re-renovated soon at least to Beijing station's standard. Also it is bit odd that the train on Fuzhou line does not have dining seats. I will certainly look for take trip to Kunming once it completed.

In Oct, our team (45 age +) and an senior team(60+) representing Australia to take part into the World Chinese Soccer Tournament in Wuyishan. There were 12 other teams from other countries as well. Most of us came/left from/to different places by the HSR. We all marveled this achievements China has achieved. It is so convenient and flexible - virtually you can go anywhere without planning - "Grab You Bags and Go".

Huangshanbei Station
20161010_151231.jpg

Huangshan
20161009_154214.jpg

Shanghai
20161006_201004.jpg

Tiqiu and teammates

mmexport1481764464333.jpg

Why does Shanghai station only have one tiny toilet on the way out to the taxi rank? We queued in a long line and had to pee under others watch. I hope it will be re-renovated soon at least to Beijing station's standard. Also it is bit odd that the train on Fuzhou line does not have dining seats. I will certainly look for take trip to Kunming once it completed.

In Oct, our team (45 age +) and an senior team(60+) representing Australia to take part into the World Chinese Soccer Tournament in Wuyishan. There were 12 other teams from other countries as well. Most of us came/left from/to different places by the HSR. We all marveled this achievements China has achieved. It is so convenient and flexible - virtually you can go anywhere without planning - "Grab You Bags and Go".

Huangshanbei Station
View attachment 360386

Huangshan
View attachment 360385

Shanghai
View attachment 360384

Tiqiu and teammates

View attachment 360388
How many trips have you taken on HSR?
Which specific stations? Shanghai or Shanghai Hongqiao?

Btw I am looking forward some updates, perhaps in near future, about the currently under construction 216 billion yuan 1,838-kilometer CHENGDU - LHASA new rail line, the 2nd line into Lhasa, though it is not HSR either (the top speed will be set at around 200 km/h), it will be another dazzlingly beautiful railway opened to operation in about next decade... opening to the outside world the many magical Shambhala lands along the path... :china:
Beijing-Shanghai line is the most profitable HSR in the world....
Now a second HSR is considered......Many sections have nearly reached the limit.....

Suburban Beijing
帝都的蓝天白云与轨道4.jpg
帝都的蓝天白云与轨道5.jpg

Hongqiao.

From Shanghai I took taxi to Hangzhou, then took taxi to Huangshan, then I took HSR to Wuyishan, then took HSR to Beijing from there.
What do you mean by "taxi"?
Why not Shanghai-Hangzhou bullet train and Hangzhou-Huangshan bullet train?

What do you mean by "taxi"?
Why not Shanghai-Hangzhou bullet train and Hangzhou-Huangshan bullet train?
I know but it was too easy to go by taxi directly from our hotels. Also it was the end of the national day holiday so we did't want to get caught in the big crowd. The fare was cheap, from Shanghai to Hangzhou costed us around 1500 yuan, hangzhou to huangshan was 900 i think.

I know but it was too easy to go by taxi directly from our hotels. Also it was the end of the national day holiday so we did't want to get caught in the big crowd. The fare was cheap, from Shanghai to Hangzhou costed us around 1500 yuan, hangzhou to huangshan was 900 i think.
Hangzhou-Huangshan, 3 hours via Shanghai-Kunming HSR and Hefei-Fuzhou HSR
Shanghai-Hangzhou, one hour, via Shanghai-Kunming HSR.....
There will be a Hangzhou-Huangshan-Wuhan HSR 5 year later.....direct line

屏幕快照 2016-12-15 15.55.20.jpg

Hangzhou-Huangshan, 3 hours via Shanghai-Kunming HSR and Hefei-Fuzhou HSR
Shanghai-Hangzhou, one hour, via Shanghai-Kunming HSR.....
There will be a Hangzhou-Huangshan-Wuhan HSR 5 year later.....direct line

View attachment 360435
But Taxi ride for 200 km journey is better than HSR, more flexible and saving lots of time. Mind you for foreign passport holders, you cann't purchase tickets online. So instead of going to the station or some ticket offices in the city, taxi is much better.

Food in Shanghai was the best. Hangzhou was very so-so. Huangshan was OK.

How about food in Kunming?

Back
Top Bottom