What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

View attachment 309527
@AndrewJin

South Xinjiang and Tibet looks bereft of HSR.

I know the terrain there is not easy but what the heck, this should be the in the plan.

-----
@cirr

By the way, not only is your HSR network extensive and beautiful, but so are your expressways.

The pictures of the expressways are fantastically beautiful,

However, I think expressways should not be in this thread. Maybe start a new one!
I'd like to add some lines!
China.HSR.Network.2020-00-00_map_Plan.jpg

Last edited:
(continued)
Railway
Drone
Chinese painting
& Railway Staff's Wedding Photos
bedc2347jw1f30nw0it6fj20qo0zkaij.jpg

72661175jw1f31tzdsijlj20qo0f0ad3.jpg
72661175jw1f31tze5e3lj20qo0f03zn.jpg

97f6735fjw1f2zse8pyxvj21fs0ktgw0.jpg
97f6735fgw1f2zzm9sdejj20zk0qogyu.jpg
72661175jw1f2zsoxapm1j20qo0f0jtx.jpg

97f6735fjw1f2zuii4j0fj20rs0kutet.jpg

Find the most beautiful railway!

Season One
Hefei-Wuhan High-speed Rail

The End

@AndrewJin
has taken this Hefei-Wuhan HSR (part of Shanghai-Wuhan-Chengdu HSR) for at least 30 times. But every time I will be once again re-amazed by the stunning scenery along this railway. Best wishes to everyone who contributes to this vial corridor, you make this railway more beautiful!
:china::china::china:
121.jpg

(Hefei-Wuhan HSR marked red in Chinese High-speed Railway Network)

@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet@Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @kuge@Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium @55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @immortalsoul @beijingwalker @xunzi @Obambam @ahtan_china @bolo @bobsm @kuge @Nan Yang @70U63 @CAPRICORN-88 @Daniel808 @Abotani @somsak @liubang @21stCentury @Hu Songshan @XiaoYaoZi @utp45 @sword1947 @HongWu002 @TheTruth @Daniel808 @S10 @powastick @kuge @Nan Yang @70U63
@Gufi @waz @Hu Songshan @Rasengan @CAPRICORN-88 @waz @Götterdämmerung @UKBengali @Huan @anant_s @Bilal9 @Tripoli @samv @Ryuzaki @Rain Man @mike2000 is back @Kaptaan @WSHH @indiatester @LOGICAL BOSSS @GURU DUTT @Bussard Ramjet @name @proud_indian @Maira La @XiaoYaoZi @anant_s @mehboobkz @Jlaw @Keel @bbccdd1470 @AViet @Abacin @jerry_tan @bobsm @Carlosa @Chinese-Dragon @Panda cat @Chinese Bamboo @ChineseTiger1986 @Indos @rott et al

Last edited:
Find the most beautiful railway!
Season One
Theme: Hefei-Wuhan High-speed Rail's April

sponsored by @wuhan railway bureau @ChineseRailwayCorp.

View attachment 309539

View attachment 309541

View attachment 309540

View attachment 309544

View attachment 309545

View attachment 309546

View attachment 309543

View attachment 309542

@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet@Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @kuge@Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium @55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @immortalsoul @beijingwalker @xunzi @Obambam @ahtan_china @bolo @bobsm @kuge @Nan Yang @70U63 @CAPRICORN-88 @Daniel808 @Abotani @somsak @liubang @21stCentury @Hu Songshan @XiaoYaoZi @utp45 @sword1947 @HongWu002 @TheTruth @Daniel808 @S10 @powastick @kuge @Nan Yang @70U63
@Gufi @waz @Hu Songshan @Rasengan @CAPRICORN-88 @waz @Götterdämmerung @UKBengali @Huan @anant_s @Bilal9 @Tripoli @samv @Ryuzaki @Rain Man @mike2000 is back @Kaptaan @WSHH @indiatester @LOGICAL BOSSS @GURU DUTT @Bussard Ramjet @name @proud_indian @Maira La @XiaoYaoZi @anant_s @mehboobkz @Jlaw @Keel @bbccdd1470 @AViet @Abacin @jerry_tan @bobsm @Carlosa @Chinese-Dragon @Panda cat @Chinese Bamboo @ChineseTiger1986 @Indos @rott et al

Beautiful landscapes and gorgeous people. :enjoy:

Train trips rise on Dragon Boat Festival
6b52219d3c5b407199f02823fa91b7bb.jpg

BEIJING, June 10 (Xinhua) -- Some 11.28 million train trips were made on Thursday, Dragon Boat Festival, up 15.1 percent from the same period last year.

This is also above an estimate of 10.7 million trips expected on Thursday, according to the China Railway Corporation.

Train trips are expected to drop to 8.25 million on Friday, the second day of the three-day holiday.

A total of 411 trains were added Thursday and the figure will be 324 on Friday.

Railway authorities have temporarily prolonged the operating time for online ticketing systems during the holiday, and travelers can check vacant seat information and book tickets at 12306.cn half an hour before the trains depart instead of the usual two hours.

Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese lunar calendar, it fell on June 9 this year.

hangzhou-train-station.jpg

713e97112f9b40bb9587287c39d5413e.jpg

Passengers waiting at the Hangzhou East Railway Station on Wednesday, a day before the three-day Dragon Boat Festival holiday. (Photo: China News Service)

BEIJING -- More than 40 million train trips were made during the four-day Dragon Boat Festival travel rush, up 11.7 percent from the same period last year, the China Railway Corporation said on Sunday.

More than half the trips were made by bullet train.

Passenger numbers peaked on Thursday with 11.28 million trips made, up 15.1 percent from last year.

A total of 1,494 trains were added during the four-day period to meet demand.

Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese lunar calendar. It fell on June 9 this year.

Train trips rise on Dragon Boat Festival
View attachment 310096

BEIJING, June 10 (Xinhua) -- Some 11.28 million train trips were made on Thursday, Dragon Boat Festival, up 15.1 percent from the same period last year.

This is also above an estimate of 10.7 million trips expected on Thursday, according to the China Railway Corporation.

Train trips are expected to drop to 8.25 million on Friday, the second day of the three-day holiday.

A total of 411 trains were added Thursday and the figure will be 324 on Friday.

Railway authorities have temporarily prolonged the operating time for online ticketing systems during the holiday, and travelers can check vacant seat information and book tickets at 12306.cn half an hour before the trains depart instead of the usual two hours.

Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese lunar calendar, it fell on June 9 this year.

View attachment 310095

View attachment 310097
Passengers waiting at the Hangzhou East Railway Station on Wednesday, a day before the three-day Dragon Boat Festival holiday. (Photo: China News Service)

BEIJING -- More than 40 million train trips were made during the four-day Dragon Boat Festival travel rush, up 11.7 percent from the same period last year, the China Railway Corporation said on Sunday.

More than half the trips were made by bullet train.

Passenger numbers peaked on Thursday with 11.28 million trips made, up 15.1 percent from last year.

A total of 1,494 trains were added during the four-day period to meet demand.

Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese lunar calendar. It fell on June 9 this year.

It is hard not making truck loads of money with this crowd. :enjoy:

It is hard not making truck loads of money with this crowd. :enjoy:
I couldn't image the crazy crowd at all scenic spots in China.
I prefer to stay at home on all public holidays.
Unless I have to visit my relatives during spring festival.
But thanks to HSR, even during spring festival, bullet trains are fine, a little crowded(maybe 20% standing) but not that terrible on conventional trains 10 years ago.
Decent travel, not like a refugee on the go!

Last edited:
I couldn't image the crowd in all scenic spots in China.
I prefer to stay at home on all public holidays.
Unless I have to visit my relatives during spring festival.
But thanks to HSR, even during spring festival, bullet trains are fine, a little crowded(maybe 20% standing) but not that terrible on conventional trains 10 years ago.
Decent travel, not like a refugee on the go!

One critical function of China's HSR is the growing domestic consumption which created a self sustaining economy and lots of domestic companies with amazing competitive products.

China retail sales up 10 pct in May

Xinhua, June 13, 2016

China's retail sales of consumer goods grew 10 percent year on year in May, compared with the 10.1-percent growth for April, official data showed on Monday.

In the first five months, retail sales were up 10.2 percent year on year, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

Urban consumers accounted for the lion's share of the increase though rural consumer spending climbed faster than their urban peers.

Online sales in the first five months rose 27.7 percent year on year.

Retail sales have contributed significantly to China's economic growth as the country shifts from an export-driven economy to a consumer society.

One critical function of China's HSR is the growing domestic consumption which created a self sustaining economy and lots of domestic companies with amazing competitive products.

China retail sales up 10 pct in May

Xinhua, June 13, 2016

China's retail sales of consumer goods grew 10 percent year on year in May, compared with the 10.1-percent growth for April, official data showed on Monday.

In the first five months, retail sales were up 10.2 percent year on year, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

Urban consumers accounted for the lion's share of the increase though rural consumer spending climbed faster than their urban peers.

Retail sales have contributed significantly to China's economic growth as the country shifts from an export-driven economy to a consumer society.

In the first five months, retail sales were up 10.2 percent year on year,

That's crazy.
Summer vacation is coming, gonna spend more!

In the first five months, retail sales were up 10.2 percent year on year,

That's crazy.
Summer vacation is coming, gonna spend more!

I noticed that Mainland's consumer market has already moved beyond cash and credit card to mobile payment, especially for youngsters, something Taiwan province lags behind.

I noticed that Mainland's consumer market has already moved beyond cash and credit card to mobile payment, especially for youngsters, something Taiwan province lags behind.
Damn! my country, Australia also lags behind in mobile payment.

Or more accurately, I am lagging behind with mobile payment.

Damn! my country, Australia also lags behind in mobile payment.

Or more accurately, I am lagging behind with mobile payment.

It is probably the next big thing; that is, internet of things, connecting everything from ordering food to customizing and "ordering" a brand new car by your cell phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom