What's new

China Deployed J-11B jets in Tibet

well i know it will hust you but please wakeup dont ee daydream do you think you are taking steps and we are not doing anything

well buddy are you forgetting

mmrca
lca
pak fa
miggage upgrade
su30 mki
mig 29

and my son do you really think usa ,uk, france, isreal,russia,japan will allow you come on dont make your fun :rofl::rofl::lol:

mmrca: give me a break, India is not even close to finalize the 4th gen plane they are going to purchase. It's like the PLAAF saying that are going to induct "dark sword" next year.:rofl:

LCA: same thing, mass production and introduction to air force is no where in sight. Perhaps you guys can start comparing the LCA to JF-17 AFTER all the specs are finalized.:rofl:

pak fa:another one of Russian's greedy deal with India. Remember, India is only BUYING the plane, not building it. Don't tell me you expect the T-50 to reach PLAAF's 5th gen fighter's capability.

miggage upgrade: Why are u even mentioning this, doesn't most countries with aging fleet have mid-life upgrade?

su30 mki: alright, another blood-sucking deal form Russia. I expect Indians must be real proud about this "From Russia with Love" deal:disagree: Even if this jet is a bit better than the J-11B in terms of performance? we can produce them indigenously, even the engine. That's the big deal.

mig-29: ain't there already enough chinese jets that can beat it? Ehh...let's see,
J-10A/B
J-11A/B
Su-27
Su-30mkk/mkk2
JH-7A
JF-17
not to mention Chinese 5th gen fighter:china:

mmrca: give me a break, India is not even close to finalize the 4th gen plane they are going to purchase. It's like the PLAAF saying that are going to induct "dark sword" next year.:rofl:

LCA: same thing, mass production and introduction to air force is no where in sight. Perhaps you guys can start comparing the LCA to JF-17 AFTER all the specs are finalized.:rofl:

pak fa:another one of Russian's greedy deal with India. Remember, India is only BUYING the plane, not building it. Don't tell me you expect the T-50 to reach PLAAF's 5th gen fighter's capability.

miggage upgrade: Why are u even mentioning this, doesn't most countries with aging fleet have mid-life upgrade?

su30 mki: alright, another blood-sucking deal form Russia. I expect Indians must be real proud about this "From Russia with Love" deal:disagree: Even if this jet is a bit better than the J-11B in terms of performance? we can produce them indigenously, even the engine. That's the big deal.

mig-29: ain't there already enough chinese jets that can beat it? Ehh...let's see,
J-10A/B
J-11A/B
Su-27
Su-30mkk/mkk2
JH-7A
JF-17
not to mention Chinese 5th gen fighter:china:

As an Asian neighbor, it is important for our Indian brethren to realize that these Ruskies are not trustworthy. In the past, China also experienced the ripoff price from the Ruskies' military hardwares.

Now we have learned how to build our own weaponries, however these Ruskies now are b!tching about us of copying their military technology.

I'm not sure whether I believe this or not. Where are these J-11s deployed (which airbase)? What role will they play: CAP, long-range interdiction, air superiority...?

As far as I know, there are only four airbases/airports that the PLAAF can use in Tibet (in the Chengdu MR): Qamdo Airbase, Lhasa Gonggar Int'l Airport, Nyingchi Kang Ko Airport, and Shigatse Airbase.

I'm not sure whether I believe this or not. Where are these J-11s deployed (which airbase)? What role will they play: CAP, long-range interdiction, air superiority...?

As far as I know, there are only four airbases/airports that the PLAAF can use in Tibet: Qamdo Airbase, Lhasa Gonggar Int'l Airport, Nyingchi Kang Ko Airport, and Shigatse Airbase.

Both J-11A and J-11B are air superiority, and J-11Bs is two-seat multirole.

Okay, and where are they based in Tibet?

Don't worry, even China's hawks have no interest to wage a real war against India. However, we cannot leave our military defence of our western territory empty.

Historically, Russia has even grabbed much bigger piece of land from the Qing Dynasty, yet we are not interested to take it back, even during the weakest moment for Russia.

Last edited:
Don't worry, even China's hawks have no interest to wage a real war against India. However, we cannot leave our military defence of our western territory empty.

Historically, Russia has even grabbed much bigger piece of land from the Qing Dynasty, yet we are not interested to take it back even during the weakest moment for Russia.

Answer the question please: are J-11s deployed in Tibet or not? If so, where in Tibet are they deployed? China has a very limited number of Flankers, and I don't think they will risk putting them in such a place as Tibet, when they can play a much more useful role in Manchuria, South China opposite Vietnam, or near Taiwan.

btw, you should read the book "The Bear and the Dragon". It is about a future war between China and Russia.

Answer the question please: are J-11s deployed in Tibet or not? If so, where in Tibet are they deployed? China has a very limited number of Flankers, and I don't think they risk putting them in such a place as Tibet, when they can play a much more useful role in Manchuria, South China opposite Vietnam, or near Taiwan.

btw, you should read the book "The Bear and the Dragon". It is about a future war between China and Russia.

China has a good number of flankers, and we can build many more if we wish. But we are now focusing on our 5th gen fighter instead of the 3-4th gen flankers.

For now, it is not our interest to fight Russia, and we don't want too. You know that China has a lot more funds than Russia, we can use these funds to cause a lot of troubles as the ethnic tension in Russia is much more serious than in China.

As long as the Russians are not treating us like enemy, it is not our interest to make them our enemy.

Last edited:
J-11B isn't superior to MKI.

J11B is comparable to Su27. Su30 is more powerful, and maneuverable when compared to J11B.

MKI is an even advanced version of Su30. So MKI is way more advanced when compared to J-11B

You seem to be confused, so let me help you out a little.

J-11 is a licensed Su-27SK.
J-11A has some upgrades over J-11 such as HMS, EFIS and radar improvements allowing multitarget engagement.

I think this must be where you're getting confused. J-11B is not a J-11A with some minor improvements.

J-11B is a much improved variant featuring improved radar and avionics, reduced weight, increase use of composites, reduced RCS, ability to use PGMs etc.

The J-11B more advanced than the current MKKs and MKK2s in service and is comparable to the proposed Su-30MKK3 standard.

China has a good number of flankers, and we can build many more if we wish. But we are now focusing on our 5th gen fighter instead of the 3-4 gen flankers.

For now, it is not our interest to fight Russia, and we don't want too. You know that China has a lot more funds than Russia, we can use these funds to cause a lot of troubles as the ethnic tension in Russia is much more serious than in China.

As long as the Russians are not treating us like enemy, it is not our interest to make them our enemy.

China only has 200-250 Flankers of all types, including Su-27, Su-30MKK, and J-11. Taiwan itself has 145 F-16s, 60 Mirage 2000s, and 126 Ching-Kuos.

But that is beside the point. Please just answer my original question...

China only has 200-250 Flankers of all types, including Su-27, Su-30MKK, and J-11. Taiwan itself has 145 F-16s, 60 Mirage 2000s, and 126 Ching-Kuos.

But that is beside the point. Please just answer my original question...

We don't even think about the Air Force in Taiwan.

Yes, we are deploying the J-11B in Tibet on the border with India, so same with India has put a significant number of military force on our border. So no one should complain about that.

You seem to be confused, so let me help you out a little.

J-11 is a licensed Su-27SK.
J-11A has some upgrades over J-11 such as HMS, EFIS and radar improvements allowing multitarget engagement.

I think this must be where you're getting confused. J-11B is not a J-11A with some minor improvements.

J-11B is a much improved variant featuring improved radar and avionics, reduced weight, increase use of composites, reduced RCS, ability to use PGMs etc.

The J-11B more advanced than the current MKKs and MKK2s in service and is comparable to the proposed Su-30MKK3 standard.

Also, the Su-30 is more of a multirole version of the Su-27, so if anything it's a bit less maneuverable and less capable in air-superiority missions than the Su-27.

We don't even think about the Air Force in Taiwan.

Then who is the PLAAF aimed against??

Yes, we are deploying the J-11B in Tibet on the border with India, so same with India has put a significant number of military force on our border. So no one should complain about that.

I asked where in Tibet the J-11s are deployed. Since there is no obviously no official confirmation behind this, I see no reason to believe it.

Also, the Su-30 is more of a multirole version of the Su-27, so if anything it's a bit less maneuverable and less capable in air-superiority missions than the Su-27.

That's why China is developing the J-11Bs version.

Just like we will have multirole J-20B in the future. :china:

Then who is the PLAAF aimed against??

I asked where in Tibet the J-11s are deployed. Since there is no obviously no official confirmation behind this, I see no reason to believe it.

PLAAF is primary aimed to defend against the US military base in Asia-Pacific and its moving carriers.

I don't know the exact location in Tibet.

Back
Top Bottom